main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LAJ_Fett's Question and Answer Thread V. 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Chat Wars

Chat Wars Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 28, 2014
    Hello, I search a site to buy SW action figures vintage Kenner not expensive and no expensive shipping costs. :)

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  3. Chat Wars

Jul 28, 2014
    The cost of shipping from eBay are too expensive, especially when resides in Canada

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If CrazyMike sees this, he might have a better answer as he lives in Canada. I'm in the UK so anything I'd suggest would be here or the US.

5. Chat Wars

Jul 28, 2014
    So I sent a PM to CrazyMike?

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well. I tagged him in my post so hopefully he'll get an alert when he next signs in.

7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
  8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Highly possible they are the same figure. Repackaging figures is well known in SW collecting. The one on Rebelscum would have come out first, I believe, as the other one is in the packaging used for AOTC figures. If all you want is the figure itself and you don't care about packaging, the AOTC one would probably be cheaper.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  9. Chat Wars

Jul 28, 2014
    I'll send a PM to CrazyMike because I have no answer to my question

10. zts24

zts24 Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2015
    Hello everyone! A newcomer here, I'm looking to find out more about this action figure i have, I think its a really interesting looking character and really i would just like to know her name so i could potentially learn more about her back story. I apologize for the somewhat blurry image

http://imgur.com/PJB9rWn

I'd appreciate any help

11. Caode

Caode Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 8, 2015
    A newcomer here as well, I've a quick question for anyone based in the UK/Europe regarding Toy-Palace.com. I've a sixth scale R2-D2 pre-ordered from sideshow collectibles but it being an import from the US it'll end up costing a lot more with the importy duty due on it, has anyone used this website before and if so how reliable are they?

Any response or knowledge great appreciated!

12. Will Dabbs

Will Dabbs Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2015
    Hello all,
    I am new to the forum and I am trying to start a lightsaber collection. I was wondering how important the box is if I purchase a used lightsaber. I found a great condition Master Replica Force FX Luke Skywalker lightsaber from ESB but it does not come with the box. How much does this decrease the value?
    Thanks

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Packaging can make a big difference, but it also depends on condition. A torn faded box isn't going to add much value. Some collectors prefer their items packaged and some don't care. I have figures and higher value items on display but for the latter I've kept the packaging - more to repack the item in case I sell or move than anything.

14. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    Hi,

I'm searching out a toy I had as a kid, and it has a passing connection to SW as it was a knock-off product (there was an X-Wing on the box) and it was sold via Sears and Canadian retailers with their SW toys.

http://www.womprat.com/articles/galaxy.html

I'd love to get my hands on one that actually works, but at this point I'd just love to track one down.

Anyone have any advice?

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Your best bet is probably Ebay for that. I did a quick Google search on 'galaxy gun 2001' and found a couple of them that had already sold.

16. JMSwallow

JMSwallow Author: SW Insider, SW Fact Files VIP

May 22, 2005
    Don't know if it helps, but I remember these toys being sold in the UK as well. They were sold through Tandy, a chain of Radio Shack type stores, among others.

I still have *my* favorite raygun from back then... I gotta go dig it out and see if it still works...

[​IMG]

17. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    Cheers!

It looks like it was something of a common mold that was used by both factories in Taiwan and Europe to make knock-off toys. It's rather fascinating to see a little bit of how the sausage is/was made in terms of this stuff, but I've got an ebay alert up should someone post one up again.

18. RyanMan12

RyanMan12 Jedi Knight

May 24, 2013
    I'm looking for a particular captain rex. It's the 5 poa one.. where can I get it for a reasonable price?

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Ebay should be your first stop - if you don't care about packaging you might be able to find a loose one for a good price..

You could also try the Amazon Marketplace..

20. LakotaChief

LakotaChief Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2015
    I have a wide variety of SW collectibles that I want to sell. Most of what I have are POTF figures that I never opened as a kid, but I also have some Kenner figures from ESB and ROTJ that are still in the box (though the cards have seen some wear over the years). What would be the best way to sell my items?

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Obviously eBay is there, but if you have a lot of items that could be a lot of work. Depending on where you live and if you think you have some valuable items, you could contact a toy auction house for a valuation and auction. (They will take a cut of the sale in return.) If you have any collector or toy conventions near you, you could see about getting a dealer table. This works better if there's more than one person available as you need someone to man the table during bathroom/food/other breaks. Do you have a friend looking to sell stuff as well? If so maybe you could share the cost and the work.
    If you do go the eBay route, I wouldn't put the items up as a job lot. Separate them by something - character or film, for example - to make it more attractive to a collector who specializes. (For example, I'm a Fett fan. If I saw a large collection going with a bunch of Leia, Han, and Chewie figures, and only a couple of Fetts, I'd give it a miss.).

You could search recent closed eBay auctions to get an idea on value. If you have an Amazon account, there's always the Marketplace there as well. You might consider that for items you think have particular value. (Or do a 'buy it now' eBay listing to set a minimum price.)

22. renyzen

renyzen Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2015
    That's Maris Brood from "The Force Unleashed" game - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Maris_Brood

23. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Howdy collectors! I decided recently to try and unload my huge collection of old SW Insiders--I mostly just want to get rid of them so I was planning to list them for like $2 on eBay and just see what happened.

Thing is, buried in the middle of the pile were two RotS-era "collector's item" books--Vader: The Ultimate Guide and the Revenge of the Sith Souvenir Movie Guide. After a little investigation it appears these two are hard to come by and what listings I've found for them are way over the cover price, let alone the pennies I was assuming I'd be letting them go for. What's the best way I should handle this? Sell the two guides separately, or use them as a lure to drive up the price of the entire batch? Are they really in high demand or are people just listing them for a lot because they're rare?

Thanks!

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'd definitely list them separately. if I was after one or the other I don't think I'd want a job-lot of Insider issues along with the rarer books. In the case of the Insider issues, if you have complete years you might want to list those that way - someone might be looking to complete their own collection.

CooperTFN likes this.
  25. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    The Insiders are in two rough groups; ~60-90 and ~120-150--but missing a few here and there. At the most maybe I'll list them that way, but I dunno if it's worth the trouble to me...I'll see how the two guides go. Thanks!