main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    :(

Man Poor..... everything.

Anyone recon if it will ever recover?

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Eh, What?

3. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Do you think Vitiates' 'action', which killed a lot of, just everything, will heal over time or be undone?

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Is it tha latest thing in the storyline? If so I have no idea what it is

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    We can assume it recovered. Mechanicals that were offline also survive, so Ship is fine. It may helpfully explain why Ziost has a decent city in 3600 and then by 40 ABY is barren save for the wreckage of the Citadel.

Sent from the World

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Sadow, Hord, Ragnos, Kun all having a presence on Yavin 4, as well as the Unknown spirit. Have we gathered he identity of it yet? Does it say anything at all?

Hord making it to Balmorra as well is curious.

Sent from the World

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    As a huge fan of the Massassi, Malaphar was a pleasant surprise. He looks so badass!
    Where is this "unknown spirit"? Where is it said that Hord was on Balmorra?

8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    There was a fifth amulet which was for an Unknown spirit. The other four summoned the other four Dark Lord's.

And one of Hord's artefacts Darth Zash had you hunt was in a cave on Balmorra. And we know the Exiles won a battle on Balmorra too.

Silly thought. We all know I consider Hord, Dreypa and probably Syn account for the errant Sith references on Sigil, Malachor III, Chabosh, Yn Arkania, and Voss in their war against the Jedi which Ajunta Pall does not sponsor. Are we to add Yavin 4 and Balmorra to that list? What I term the Exiled Sith Empire?

Lastly, are to assume Pharshol is Dark Lord after Pall? Followed by Hord and then Andeddu or Andeddu and then Hord?

We know that Pall accounts for Ziost and Korriban in the Sith Empire, Hord accounts for a hundred worlds including Dromund Kaas and then Pharshol's rival conquers Begeren, now.

And one more thought; was arrogance the fundamental reason Vitiate failed in the Great Galactic War? I mean, he sweeps through the Rim but doesn't secure systems such as Ord Radama, Serenno and Rhen Var? Late war, when the Empire's advance stalls, the Empire is still fighting over systems as close to the Seat of the Empire as Ord Radama - and losing(!), and is three decades into a stalled campaign in the Minos Cluster...

Sent from the World

9. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Its hard to tell what Vitiate wanted with the Great Galactic War. With the rest of the Sith Empire, their reason is easy, they wanted to rule the galaxy and/or get revenge on the Republic.

For Vitiate, the simple answer is probably that he was gathering power for his ascension to godhood. The Blood of the Empire comic showed him setting up the Children of the Emperor as infiltrators and sleeper agents. But we know so little about what's required for his ritual and his powers, its hard to guess otherwise. Like why the Sith Emperor didn't bother to just raze Coruscant during the Sacking. Revan says he influenced Vitiate a little, but Revan's not the most reliable source either after several centuries of torture. The Dark Council didn't have much contact with Vitiate in recent years since the Empire didn't really matter that much to him anymore, as he was focusing on his ritual.

I remember in the Lost Suns comics that Ngani Zho was ranting about seven ceded star systems and seven surviving Dark Council members, but that doesn't really matter, as Dark Council members are replaced often, and supposedly those systems were suitable for the Sun Razer.

If Vitiate can simply use any world, then Dromund Kaas would do (not like he cares about the population or the Sith), such as how he used Ziost to gain power in the most recent story content.

The set-up for the Great Galactic War is somewhat interesting, and always has been ever since it was hinted at in KotOR II, too bad the actual result wasn't as good as anticipated (which is often the case). Doesn't help that the Revan novel was... unremarkable at best. When KotOR II (and even the KotOR Campaign Guide) hinted that Mandalore the Ultimate had been manipulated to help weaken the Republic, that Revan's Sith Empire was the same, yet then there's a 300 year gap despite the Republic being in shambles after the Jedi Civil War and Dark Wars... yeah, then the background story kind of falls apart. If there had been no hyperspace routes between Dromund Kaas and the Republic until recently, it wouldn't seem so silly, but oh well.

I remember the Journal of Gnost-Dural had a few details, too. My best guess is that the Great Galactic War was cover for Vitiate's agents to gather the necessary items required for his ascension, that he held back from destroying Coruscant as the Cold War also kept everyone distracted. If Coruscant was destroyed, then either the rest of the Republic wouldn't stop until they avenged Coruscant or the Sith would win and then either be busy setting themselves up as galactic rulers, or they would all start killing each other off without an external enemy to fight.

Not sure if Ziost will recover. Doesn't seem as bad as Nathema as Force users can fight on the planet, whereas being in orbit around Nathema made most Force users nauseous at least. Probably a few centuries will recover, but not sure they need to care about future Ziost appearances anymore. SWTOR is basically the only continuing Legends work.

I'm curious where things will go from here. Theron and Lana aren't exactly getting along but they're both still rational enough to treat Vitiate as the common enemy of all life. Guess we'll find out in another month or so what Fallen Empire refers to.

10. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    To me The logical conclusion is Vitiate can only use Dark Side user planets? Or planets more imbued with the Dark Side.

Can you guys clarify some of the terminology for me. Too many wars and sith in this timeline!

How is this all going to play out? The game is on going so how do we get to the Bane novels? or Knight Errant? I'm really confused with the chronology of this and how it's meant to end whilst be on going.

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    the game happens -> Vitiate finally dies somehow -> 1600 years pass -> Darth Ruin unites what's left of the Sith under his "New Sith" movement -> the Sith split up again after Ruin dies -> 1000 years of wars between the Republic and various Sith factions -> Knight Errant -> Kaan reunites the Sith -> Bane novels

One of the reasons that I wish they made KOTOR III rather than an MMO is to get closure on everything.

What terminology are you wondering about? Ask away!

12. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I think there are a few explanations for what Vitiate wanted from the war;

1. He wanted to rule the galaxy, basicly his goals and methods have changed over time, for a long he wanted to rule the galaxy traditionally.

2. The war was a distraction, it was all to keep the jedi (and Sith) focused on something other then the Emperor while his forces make preparations for the ritual.

3. The war was part of the plan, but not the entire plan. Vitiate used the war to further his plans; get agents into place, secure needed planets, etc. But once the war failed it didn't matter since his plans where not defeated.

just my thoughts.

13. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I think it's probably little more than Sarevok 2.0.

[​IMG]

Kylun, Zorrixor and DigitalMessiah like this.
  14. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    and so I have learned a new trick with the spoiler BB code

Ulicus likes this.
  15. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    how
    the
    go?

I tried doing that with way more tags but it went crazy in preview. So the answer is: not very far.

16. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I kind of wish the Matrix wasn't a dead franchise.

remember the rumor like 3 years ago that Keanu Reeves signed to do some sequels

Zorrixor and darklordoftech like this.
  17. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    THE MATRIX RECALIBRATED

Watch as Eon, the One Before, lies through his teeth to rebuild Zion. Also, martial arts.

Zorrixor likes this.
  18. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Didn't the Emperor say that the Empire was a failure and you(Nox) can have it on Ziost?

19. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010

THE MATRIX REBOOTED

It even says what it is in the title

20. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I didn't want to go for the low hanging fruit. :p

21. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    REBOOTED would actually be an entertainingly apt title for a prequel, and ever since I watched the anime backstory, I've always felt the Matrix suits a prequel better than anything further forward... shame they trashed it so much with the sequels though.

Not that I actually mind the sequels for the reasons most people do... as I did enjoy all the pseudo-faux-trying-too-hard-to-be-philosophical junk, which most people fall asleep during, whereas I just got bored with the action scenes all feeling so repetitive.

22. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Anyone is on Bastion server? Can you help with Nightmare EC this weekend?

23. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    Who wanted to look like Freedon Nadd?

[​IMG]

24. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I half know who you mean but to me that looks like a Star Wars Sauron!
    Or even The Shredder fron TMNT.

AusStig and Gamiel like this.
  25. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I actually like that... just a shame all these outfits are from those silly packs that only give random items, as I never played enough to have enough gold to buy them on the auction house, nor have I ever agreed to waste money on card packs that give random cards with an infinitesimally tiny chance of the ones people actually want, hence why I likewise have always steered well clear of those packs in TOR for the same reason.

I wish it'd just been like any other MMO shop gear and you just buy the thing. I mean, even if it costs as much as the thirty packs you'd need to get, at least it's not solely in the hands of random number generation.

Vthuil, AusStig and Darthmaul208 like this.