main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbies-Please read before posting!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Nov 10, 2014.

1. landlarc

landlarc Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2015
    First time posting - so hope I have the right place.

My son had a kidney transplant last year. He is a HUGE Star Wars fan, and next year wants a Star Wars themed shirt for our local kidney walk. Any ideas on a cool team name and/or slogans that are kidney related would be very much appreciated.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Nothing kidney-related, I'm afraid, but maybe some food for thought. Google gave me the Wookieepedia entry for DD-13 - a medical droid that installed implants and did organ transplants for clones during the Clone Wars. Nickname for the droid was 'Galactic Chopper droid'. Maybe something along the lines of 'I survived the Galactic Chopper Droid'?

3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    If you do a search on google image for "Star Wars Shirt", you may get a few ideas from that resource.

4. Mattrock

Mattrock Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2015
    Why didn't Palpatine's parents surrender him to the Jedi Order when he was an infant?

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  5. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    There is either some back story to this that I am not aware of (or were not discussed in the EU(now Legends)) or perhaps they did not know he was force sensitive.

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Darth Plagueis novel is a little vague on this - it's implied that the Force may have "concealed itself" in him until he reached his teenage years.

7. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Is there a forum thread for selling\buying\trading SW collectibles on The Force.net forums?

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    No - we don't allow it here. You could try our sister site Rebelscum - they have classified forums. You have to register to post but it's free.

Ages ago we had a private Fan Force forum where certain users could do that but the forum fell into disuse when eBay got big.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  9. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    Who are the lost twenty (The ones we know)? Side note: Do dark Jedi count? I've played Knights of The Old Republic and there is WAY more then twenty dark Jedi.

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The only one that we definitely know about in "core canon" is Dooku. In the EU, the first of them was Master Phanius - who took on the name Darth Ruin after leaving the order, and refounded the Sith - some 2000 years before ANH.

The idea seems to be that the Lost Twenty were Jedi Masters who "resigned from the Order" - so Dark Jedi who turn without this kind of "formal resignation" don't count. KOTOR is set long before "the first of the Lost Twenty".

FlashDriver and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Does anyone know how to share a picture from OneDrive in this forum? I took a picture of the older gentleman dressed up as Obi-Wan at a recent Con, and wanted to share it.

12. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Use the insert/edit image and type in the URL to the photo's storage location.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Wish it was that simple. This is the link to the file provided by OneDrive: <iframe src="https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid...7c565c5cae67a4d2!7924&authkey=ABAEGVhTfadyFic" width="180" height="320" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>.

When I insert it into the image button, this is what comes up: [​IMG]

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I had a bit of a play with it - looks like you might have to download it to your HD and then upload from there.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You mean post as an attachment? You can do that in these forums?

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You'd probably have to put it somewhere before you could load it here. (I use Photobucket for hosting).

17. drklrdbill

drklrdbill Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2015
    New to the forum, definitely not new to Star Wars.

So Leland Chee mentioned before that the deleted scenes were G-Canon (in an old blog post on StarWars.com that no longer exists), but has there been any mention on whether the deleted scenes are NOW considered part of the continuity, post Disney-reboot? I tried tweeting at the entire Lucasfilm Story Group, and I have had no success. The reason I bring this up is two-fold:

1) Leland also has said this: "Anything not in the current version of the films is irrelevant to Film only continuity."

2) In the Star Wars Card Trader App, the producer of the app stated that all of their base cards are considered canon, and there is a new card for Laze "Fixer" Loneozner, who obviously only appears in ANH cut scenes and in the ANH novelization in the current "canon-possible" world. I know that his appearance in the novelization does not make him a part of the canon as the novelization is only considered canon for the parts that match the on-screen scenes.

Would this question be better in a new thread? Just thought I'd ask it here first as I'm brand new.

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    This is as good a place as any for your question so no worries there. As to the answer to your question, I have no idea. :p

[​IMG]

19. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

As you know canon discussions got a lot more complicated when Disney bought LFL and decided to create the Legends distinction. So unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your questions.

For a discussion of the current state of Star Wars Canon, check out:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon

20. Dondré Richardson

Dondré Richardson Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2015
    I started a conversation in the Welcome New Users section and wasn't aware that there is a similar topic already. The conversation was locked and I was advised to come here to find the topic for. I was looking for a conversation on "Real Life Jedi," if there is one.

21. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

I don't recall such a thread over here recently and a quick search didn't turn anything up either. Go ahead and restart your thread here in the SWC.

[​IMG]

22. Jake Ables

Jake Ables Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2015
    Hi, I just had a question about the duel with Count Dooku in Episode 3. Why does Obi-Wan say that they would fight together this time against Dooku if they fought against him before during the Clone Wars in many instances together as well?

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    He was speaking to Anakin, remembering their previous duel with Dooku.. In AOTC Anakin went after Dooku on his own, disobeying Obi-Wan. This time they would attack together.

24. Jake Ables

Jake Ables Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2015
    Ok thanks

25. Lynzy Blair

Lynzy Blair Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2015
    Bardan Edit: No advertising.