main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Jason Fry Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 4, 2012.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't know if I can wait until July for the 3rd book. At least it will be next month by the time next monday rolls around. July 7th if the Wook is correct can't come soon enough.

2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    jasonfry

You need to do a book signing in Northern California, preferably the Bay Area! I promise to contribute generously to your beer & mortgage fund, plus dinner & drinks are on me!

If I could get Jello up here, we could all have quite an interesting conversation, plus you get the "honor" of watching two opposites (who remarkably get along very good!) discuss your books! :p

--Adm. Nick

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    NorCal's not as easy for me now that I'm on the opposite coast, but I would certainly be down to figuring out how to arrange such a meetup.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  4. NCISliar

NCISliar Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2013
    First of all sorry for the late reply, I was kind of busy and didn't find the time to visit the forums recently.

And of course I want to thank you for your response. It sure helped a lot!

I have to admit I did not ecpect the Holiday Special to be one of your inspirations, but that might be because I previously thought the Y-wing in there has been identified as a different model already in the 2010 book Star Wars Blueprints Rebel Edition by Ryder Windham. :confused: There it was given the designation BTL-S3t (for tandem). The main difference between BTL-S3t and BTL-S3 seems to be that the seats for gunner and pilot both face forward while in the S3 the gunners seat faces backwards.

While I wasn't able to find anything about lasers or blasters in the Technical Journal, it seems like your third source has shown up in a different thread.

5. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Yeah, that sort of thing's part of why it's always smart to leave these things vague.

I was already working on WARFARE when Rebel Edition came out, which shows how long ago it was... but now you mention it, I do remember noticing the S3t designation, and being glad I hadn't tripped over Windham's work....

I'd definitely seen the old Poster Magazine, too, but I can't remember whether I was consciously influenced by that line. When I get a moment, I'll check the various places I think there might be extra references?

More importantly, this is Jason's thread, so I feel I should really go back to lurking, though I will add my Ewok bounciness to the understandable Jupiter Pirates enthusiasm...

-- The Imperial Ewok

NCISliar and Iron_lord like this.
  6. chris1982

chris1982 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2015
  7. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    We can only hope.

8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Way to bury the lede!

9. chris1982

chris1982 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2015
    Just a thing that came into my mind: I think Jason should try to introduce his character "Isila Drutch" (from the "Essential Guide to Warfare") into the new canon. I loved her story in the book and as female Stormtroopers do exist in the new canon, it would be nice to see her again.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Beyond excited for Sloane to become a recurring character. It's one thing to see her in two stories by the same author, but now we're on a roll.

And if Jason ever writes that Han novel, he'll berate me if I haven't read Daley by then. Actually I think he might come berate me right now. :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

jasonfry and Revanfan1 like this.
  11. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Hell, I will berate you right now.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    You wouldn't be the first, I think there's a line. We may have to make a separate "berate Jello" thread, actually. :p

Revanfan1 and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  13. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    More Sloane is always a good thing.

14. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Me me me it's all about me. (Sorry.)

Interview with the gang at The More You Nerd, which is pretty awesome. We talk Jupiter Pirates for the first half -- pirates vs. privateers, Jovian Union vs. Earth, family dynamics, storytelling decisions, how I name characters -- and then switch over to Star Wars, discussing Servants of the Empire, Han/Chewie in the trailer, Legends vs. "new" canon and much more. Here's the link.

15. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Damn it Jason Fry, stop cluttering up the Jason Fry thread with news about Jason Fry.

16. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Does it have to be just about not reading Daley, or can we berate you for other reasons? If so, I'm in. I have a list. :p

jSarek likes this.
  17. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    At least have the decency to put them in a data base somewhere.

TK-421 Is vader likes this.
  18. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Don't think there's a thread for it yet, but here -- with all the pomp and circumstance of a publishing database update -- is the cover for the fourth and final Servants of the Empire book, out in October.

[​IMG]

19. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998

Excellent! Are you permitted to share where in the Rebels timeline this takes place?

20. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Pretty definitely season two, I'd say. ;)

21. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I was just noticing Sabine's armor, 's all.

22. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Devil's advocate: does a cover reveal really warrant its own news item? They did that for Shattered Empire yesterday and it always seems silly to me when the copy is just, like, "here it is!"

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    More Sabine/Zeb/Merei banter? Sign me up.

24. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    It's a standalone. Begins right after "Imperial Justice," which I know doesn't make its place in the timeline clear now, but will in a month. No connections to S2 episodes.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    It did when Merei's cover was revealed last week. That one should've been shouted from rooftops.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Aphra likes this.