main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek-AU] Ageless & Evergreen . Mushy S/U. Post on July 12.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I too loved her father being protective in the flashback - he certainly had every right to be, and his joy in her relationship working out the second time around no doubt rivaled their own. [face_love] Spock's 'I assume you are being rhetorical' had me snickering; sometimes he is just so loveably Vulcan. ;) [face_love]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I know it did. And yes, he is. Quite quite frequently. Has an unabashed =P~ moment! LOL [face_love]

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: After reading about mixed feelings & total avoidance in other fics, I had to write something up involving a complicated sitch. @};-

~!

I ran into T'Sira today. She is a xenoarcheologist and I have followed her work zealously through the years.

We met at a diplomatic conference years back - she knew my folks so we could share personal and professional incidents with one another.

It was nice having her adjacent to me at the banquet following the conference. I told her it was a refreshing change not to have to listen to a crashing bore who loved hearing themselves talk.

Now, I greeted her effusively & she responded with composure but obvious pleasure.

She could tell I was pregnant and asked if I knew the gender. "We want to be surprised." I told her with a laugh.

She replied: "I quite understand that. The Xirilian exhibit is back at the Museum again. Will you be able to view it this time, Nyota?"

"Yes. I'll have to make sure to stop and see it!" I exclaimed.

The Xirilians were from a very cold world whose ice and snow sculptures were the stuff of legend.
    About 9 years ago, T'Sira had been on the team to unearthe the rare treasures.
    She had commed me to let me know about the debut exhibition.
    I had begged off attending, feeling a jumble of emotions.
    I (at that time) did not want to be in the same sector as my then-estranged love. It would have been the height of awkward if he and I had run into each other. Just the mere possibility had made me feel quite squicky.

T'Sira held my gaze. "It is fortunate that circumstances now allow you to do so."

I flushed. I had attempted to be circumspect - not deceitful in my reply those years ago, but her astute perceptiveness had seen behind my demurral, after all.

I started to offer an apology, but she waved it off, her richly dark eyes expressive of complete understanding, and I smiled in gratitude.

He and I went to see the exhibit & I was full of commendation over the lovely representations of art forms and symbology related to the Xirilian mythos.

Since we two had no secrets, later that evening, I told him of the earlier occasion when I could have attended the exhibit.

"What would you have done if we had perchance encountered one another?" He pondered aloud.

"I have no idea!" I said. "My heart is so full of us that I cannot imagine that. I only know that I felt strongly reluctant then. It probably, as such things often turn out, would have been less of an ordeal than I made it out to be in my wild conjecturing."

He considered. "What is likely, as well, is that it would have stirred up all the discomfiture and - dare I call it - resentment all over again."

"And then I would have had to move beyond it, in addition. And what would you have done and felt seeing me again?"

"This I can tell you without doubt. I would have rued the day I walked away from you, even though it seemed the best choice at the time."

I smiled and observed: "How absolutely wonderful that things are so uncluttered and untangled now, my darling."

He reached out to enfold me, and I melted into his hold most willingly.

+++++++

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very interesting! Poor girl; I know EXACTLY that feeling of not wanting to do something in case you run into him. I love that Nyota is so easy to relate to [face_love] And she had Spock had their years away from each other and still found happiness [face_love]

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I find her relatable too, ^:)^ - yes, their re-found happiness. Isn't it da bomb? :D

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, but this update is a gem for me. Nyota's thoughts and feelings are completely relatable - you can completely understand her reluctance to run into him at the exhibit all those years ago, and now that they have found each other and happiness again, it is an interesting thing to ruminate over - and finally visit together. [face_love]

This was very elegantly crafted, and conveyed! I loved every word. [face_love]=D=

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thank you. Agreed. And the elegant craftsmanship - yay! Mirrors/parallels Chyntuck's handling of the Talz. I really, really love their culture. :cool:

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] This one has to be posted. Now. :D

~!

Nyota holds Logan - their newest youngling, close. His eyes are her father's eyes, and his ears ... she melts as she traces the telltale point.

Sarek gazes at her with deep affection.

"Tell me, Papa Sarek, did Amanda ever - ignore a problem hoping it would go away, while you conversely bottled things up?"

"Now, Nyota, that would be the height of illogical and not very easy - considering the bond she and I shared. It is not that we were cognizant of one another's literal thoughts etc., but the literal strain of what you would call the 'silent treatment' ..." Sarek assays. "Are you having ... difficulties?" He concludes with consummate tact.

She laughs. "No. It is simply I wondered if she ever frustrated you ... I know that when I was pregnant with Ailynn and then with logan - my hormones doubtless led to some incomprehensible moods. And I thought that the oddest thing for a bonded pair would be one or the other to mentally sulk." She rolls her eyes.

"Well," Kashore observes hearing the tale end of the commentary: "There's always a trek through the Kaurna forest to - clear the air."

Nyota's eyes grow dreamy as she beams. "Kashore, I'd rather have a tryst in the wooded glades of New Alderaan."

"Ha! Then Logan and Ailynn will have a sister or brother sooner than ever you might expect." Kashore teases, and the sisters share a laughing glance.

Sarek gives them a questioning look. "Luke and Mara Skywalker - " Nyota elaborates. "Some of their most pivotal relationship moments seem to occur out-of-doors."

+++++++

[face_mischief]

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] Ha haa - Sarek's bemusement throughout Kashore and Nyota's back and forth just had me smiling - though not as much as the arrival of their new young one, which was just too adorable a picture to contemplate. [face_love]

=D=[:D]

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love those two new pieces. Ny pregnant and having a baby and her talk with Sarek[face_love]

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yumsy on this one. Felt like it was time for a you-POV. [face_love]

~!

You watch her with Logan as she rocks him to sleep after a feeding. She glances up and notices your attention upon her.

"You want to put him to bed, sweetest?" She offers.

"I know that you, as most mothers do, attach a sentimental inference to such matters. However, it is merely the pragmatic aspects that lead me to accede." You reply taking him from her and holding Logan with the ease of long practice.

Her gaze is amused and poignantly tender. "You're not fooling me, you know."

You give a long-suffering sigh, a feigned one. "That is not my intent."

She laughs outright, this time.

Logan stirs briefly and gives you a toothy grin. "Now don't infer too much into that," Nyota says in overt teasing. "That's just gas."

You raise an incredulous brow. "Indeed?"

"Lord above, but I love you!"

She rises and joins you, and you glance sidelong at her gently, as she accompanies you to Logan's room.
    Nyota is, as she has always been, something so infinitely precious and amazing, a vibrant, essential source of love, trust, and acceptance.

You clasp her hand lightly and make your way to the master suite.

You have not as yet reciprocated aloud with an "I love you" but you can tell her senses are tingling and her heart soaring with the fact of it across your connection. She enjoys hearing the words, however, and it is a unique pleasure to oblige. "As I love you." You finally whisper, wrapping her up close.

She curls up tight against you and purrs in contentment.

+++++++

[face_dancing]

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ahhh, but this was just the perfect thing to log onto this morning. The perfect thing, I tell you. [face_love]

You know that I absolutely love second person POV when used well, and it was most certainly used well here. It gave the ficlet an incredibly soft and intimate feeling, and it fit wonderfully. The gentle banter, their just being a family with their newest youngling . . . I loved it. [face_love]

=D=[:D]

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet, with Ny, Logan and Spock sharing moments ending with a nice together in the master-bedroom.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "You" is perfectly suited for such a warm moment IMO and this pairing - lends itself so edibly to it! :D

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A bittersweet thingy this time--but more upbeat & realistic in the end.

~!

Ailynn took to Logan right off. She thought he was "cute, and looks like a blend of both of you." This had made Nyota laugh.

But soon after that, Mommy had transitioned into "Mom" as Nyota had thought it would. "Being the one in the middle, the older sister, not the youngest." Akilah had observed.

"Sure, I know you're right. It just ..."

"Makes you feel even more keenly the passage of time." Her mother finished wryly.

"So very true. And the time I will never get back ..."

"Shhh. Enjoy the time you have and all the time to come." Her mother urged.

"You're right." Nyota said, with a return of her usual ebullient mood.

That evening as she tucked Ailynn in, she sung "The Rainbow Connection."

Ailynn smiled softly. "Your voice is so lovely, Mom."

This spontaneous and loving remark warmed Nyota's heart and made it easy to see the cup as half-full again, as was her typical outlook.

++++++

:)

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ahh, but this was bittersweet in the best of ways. Nyota's feelings as a mother are completely relatable here, and Ailynn's compliment at the end was the perfect seal to this ficlet. I loved it! [face_love][face_love]

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Ny sure can sing and loved her feelings

18. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I missed three posts here, too! And I love them all. Logan is a fantastic name! I liked the second-person. And this last post ... a little bittersweet and a lot beautiful!

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great sum-up @};- :) The you is scrumptious as a POV. Logan is one of those cool names that could be a first or last name ;) but it's cooler as a first. :D Yup, that's the exact tone I was going for: bittersweet and wistful but tipping the scales to warm/fuzzy happy. :)