main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your favorite little moment or detail in the PT? (image heavy)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Stopmotionkai

Stopmotionkai Jedi Padawan

Nov 17, 2014
    yoda Knocking out the imperial guards in 3.
    the background fighting on geonosis.

MarcJordan and DARTH_BELO like this.
  2. Huttslime

Huttslime Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 1, 2015
    ROTS Darth Vader slaughtering Jedi in their temple which is never shown because Lucas sucks and the writing for the PT was terrible.

3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Man, this is a great thread: seeing everyone's singling out of favorite little details really helps give a fresh perspective on the saga as a whole!

I don't think I've ever "liked" so many posts in one thread before!

4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

:rolleyes:

Darth_Furio , SerRoel and darskpine10 like this.
  5. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Wow this thread certainly expanded.

I don't think this has been mentioned yet but I like how Jango is in the shadows in AOTC.

[​IMG]

I also love how snooty Jocasta Nu is to Obi-Wan.

[​IMG]

Tonyg, KaminoPalomino and MarcJordan like this.
  6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I do think the slaughter not being show detracts greatly from impact and depth as does how blasted sanitised SW is regarding war and it's affects in general. Yes, I know this isn't popular here and NO I don't buy it's because it's 'for kids' or just 'fantasy'.

7. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I just wondered something yesterday: What does R2 do between saving Padme in the factory and fixing C3PO, on Geonosis?

Is he just hiding in the factory? Trying to save the others?

8. psyarg

psyarg Jedi Knight

Mar 3, 2015
    Hi guys,

I find some major cinematography issues on the PT, some things i realy don't like but for me there are some elements that i like so much that i rather stay with the whole PT as it is insted of losing them or giving them a new representation on hipotetic re-created PT movie. Mine are:

Primary:
    Kanobi

Secondary:
    Mace windu
    Padme
    Kanobi vs anakin duel

(All representation : actor, acting, lines, etc.)

Witch are yours?

(We could do this the other way around like: i'll suck it up all PT as it is if they rebild this element just right : anakin)

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

9. Binary Sunset

Binary Sunset Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 31, 2014
    The sound of Zam Wesell's speeder which is an electric guitar.

Triad Moons, Tonyg and Bloncket like this.
  10. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
  11. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    Get ready for a shock of unimagined proportions!

When Anakin takes Padme to Naboo, our favorite couple :p share a very intimate moment which is "broken" by Padme coming to her senses or so it seems. But there's no turning back. Now, however, we all know eventually they marry and have.....natural genetic fraternal babies.

Wait...I'm not done yet!.

[​IMG]

What is the next scene?[​IMG]

Who else but a very imaginative storyteller could up with a scene full of babies! Pure genetic replication.

Courtesy of a GaLaxy Far Far Away. :cool:

MJ

Binary Sunset, Andy Wylde and mes520 like this.
  12. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    I like how you see Jango slipping his helmet on as soon as Mace moves his lightsaber away at 6:24

13. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    But for certain Senator, in grave danger YOU ARE.

When Yoda tells Senator Amidala, the above, Yoda's insistence that Padme must assume she IS still in danger, and his stare and closer look at her (and he points at her too) was a great portrayal despite Yoda being CGI....

[​IMG]

...And I'll tell you why I make this point....BECAUSE he did similar to Padme's Son, to insist "You will be, you will be " afraid, regardless the way he thinks. His mother infact said later that she doesn't need more security and not only that....

[​IMG]

the point is also that this is the puppet Yoda which we all know and love. Thus the AOTC moment is no less integral despite being CGI.

GL tell your story the way you like.

MJ

14. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    There is so long that a fool (me) can keep avoiding the double post rule. Apologies for breaking it here....now let's get down to it if I can be so bold. [face_peace]

Anakin Skwalker now no longer the Jedi he wanted to be, he appears to have realized that he has now turned to the Darkside and about to be MASKED...

[​IMG]

...and how uncanny that is....Why?.....next pic is up....

[​IMG]

and by the time we reach ESB....Luke, son of Skywalker "turned to the darkside" is seen here UNMASKED.

Both Father and Son are staring eyes wide open.

GL, am I on the right track?:-B

MJ

15. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    The hinting that Palpatine may have created Anakin. That counts, right? It's certainly an interesting concept.

enigmaticjedi and mes520 like this.
  16. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014

How has it not dawned upon me before that R2-D2 was mere inches from the Dark Lord of the Sith basically screaming "We're so going to die, you suck Anakin." in his droid tongue the whole time?

Jedi with a TARDIS likes this.
  17. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014

Well, Star Wars isn't for kids. It's family friendly. Something that you can show your 10 year old and not have them have nightmares later that night. Well, mostly anyways...

[​IMG]

I think showing an entire slaughter would be a bit excessive. The "adults" know what happened. The kids get a general idea of what happened. And I'm sure no one really was expecting Anakin to go into the Youngling training room when they first saw it. I doubt they would have wanted to see him cutting kids in half. Instead you got to see a bunch of other Jedi get murdered by their fellow soldiers and Clone Troopers shooting kids.

The Clone Wars showed a good amount of war side effects without delving into the PTSD area. You get to see the political aspects. You see how it affects the citizens. You see how it effects the soldiers who ran away/are against the war. They go over it a lot. Just because there isn't a legless Clone Trooper trying to hang himself because of the war doesn't mean Star Wars doesn't take it seriously. I mean, I'm sure it happens in universe, they just decided to show every other aspect except that one.

And if gore is your issue, well, it's heated plasma. Not much you can do about that, not much blood if any at all. And for limb loss.... well at least someone loses 1 limb every movie.

18. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Padme looking at C3PO ( little does she know that he'll be an important droid for the future and her children), she calls him PERFECT. Anakin is next to them, where he is the Maker of C3PO. Padme has no idea how her life would be affected and how Anakin is affected by her. C3PO can be seen as "young" and a juxtaposition to Anakin. Infact, it has been said all that happens to C3PO is a parallel to Anakin himself.

[​IMG]

14 years later, Anakin has turned to the Darkside in shocking fashion. He’s then encased in machinery.[​IMG]

Sidious can be thought of as the Maker of Darth Vader. Anakin's turn had been all the while planned by Palpatine (Sidious) this manipulation results in manifestation of Anakin to evil. Sidious is looking at him (and we will see moments later) is very pleased and surely believes that Anakin now is PERFECT. Vader asks where Padme so the TPM pic definitely has resonance.

GL you are the ultimate Maker. :cool:

MJ

19. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    Swimming to the Gungan City -- a wonderous and beautiful scene.

The beautiful Royal Nubian Cruiser's escape from the blockade.

"Anakin is the father, isn't he?" --- blank stare --- "I'm so sorry."

Infant Leia being dropped off on Alderaan.

The gradual aesthetic progression of Palpatine's elite bodyguards.

Tonyg, Bloncket, Shaak Ti and 2 others like this.
  20. mute90

mute90 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2012
    AOTC Coruscant Chase scene - They're heading right toward a bigger ship at high speed. Obi-Wan's having a small freak out in the passenger seat, and Anakin just starts laughing. That whole chase scene says a lot about Anakin's character, but that's the part that always makes me laugh along with him.

Tonyg, Bloncket, Bigger Fish and 3 others like this.
  21. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015

I never liked puppet Yoda that much.

Tonyg likes this.
  22. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    It's that time again....:-B

Clegg Lars: I doubt she’d have lasted this long.
    Owen Lars: Whe’re you going?
    Anakin: To find my mother! ( But we find out shockingly, how he’ll be having a life or death tussle with the Tuskens when he couldn’t save his mother!)
    Clegg Lars: Your mother’s dead son. Accept it!
    [​IMG]

Luke: What if this Obi Wan comes looking for him? (Obi Wan has lasted quite a while…surely he should be dead )
    Owen Lars: He won't, I don't think he exists any more. He died about the same time as your father.
    Luke: He knew my father??? (boy, if Luke knew what his father did after blaming Obi Wan!)
    Owen : I told you to forget it!
    Beru: Whe’re you going?
    Luke: Looks like Im going nowhere. ( little does Luke knew he’ll be having a life or death tussle with the Tuskens but to be saved by Obi Wan )

[​IMG]

GL, impressive , MOST impressive.^:)^

MJ

23. RogueLieutenant

RogueLieutenant Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2015
  24. RogueLieutenant

RogueLieutenant Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2015
    I wish we could have watched this whole fight. Him choking out that girl while fighting Cin Drallig was so intense.

[​IMG]

25. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    It's a shame we never got to see his raid on the temple, that was a letdown for sure.

Maybe TCW would've shown it, but alas.

AshiusX likes this.