main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    not really to me he's never been that dominating and I find the majority of actors have no dominating presence. It's one of those things that's different for different people same as if a character's death if it means something to others or not and based on rumors the Vicar is a typical role and death in fantasy/science fiction stories and are always ones that I could not care less for.[face_devil]

nightangel likes this.
  2. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    Are you trolling?

3. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    so giving one's opinion is trolling???o_O
    in fact it's the opposite saying someone is trolling for saying their opinion now that's trolling.:)

4. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    At the very least star is giving a thumbs down to a scene in which a legendary actor portrays a character that we know virtually nothing about.

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    every little background character becomes a big deal in sw. "bob" anyone?

6. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Sounds like he's someone leading a secret (or maybe not so secret) movement against the First Order. He gives a little background on what's going on, but not enough before he's cut down. This leads Poe into having to do something quickly and improvise. Perhaps the whole purpose of the Vicar is to propel Poe's story and, as we've said, to get us to immediately hate Kylo. Maybe Vicar gives us just enough info to get a sense as to what is going on but not enough to answer the mysteries set into motion. Maybe he's one of the "Lost Twenty" but I think it was stated that he's not Force sensitive (but I doubt it-I think he is)

With all of the "there's more to it than what's on the call sheets" it would seem that this movie would have to be 2.5-3 hours long to fit everything in!

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  7. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yes, like Galaxy Quest tells us, there are always random characters who dies in series/movies, when the main cast is supposed to survive, [face_devil]

[​IMG]

8. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    we are talking about rumors as there is nothing else, if people always insist on waiting for the movie then how about we shut down this forum until the movie is released. Hey if I watch it and am surprised and like the Vicar's death and the emotions it gives than that's a good thing. What do you want me to say that after living life in 2 countries where war was in the backdrop every day that I'm more interested in seeing emotional death that mean something meaningful to someone that actually knew the character rather than the detached vibe we get from the rumors. Anyways moving on since people who have different opinions seem to irritate people.:p

9. Blazer-Smith

Oct 28, 2004
    Yeah, but when you offer an opinion on everything including random minutiae like hypothetical responses to characters you know little about, it just seems like a college freshman who believes they are a psychologist because they took 3 hours of psych 101. (By the way I think I win the award for biggest run on sentence EVER.)

Satipo, TK327 and Dra--- like this.
  10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Sure whatever that's your opinion believe whatever you like could not care less.
    and English is my 3rd language and I usually make no effort in writing posts on a social medium this isn't school or work related so I'm not wasting my time in trying to write the best I can.:p

Anyways back to rumors, I wonder how big the civilization of Jakku is??[face_thinking]

11. Blazer-Smith

Oct 28, 2004
    Your immediate response says otherwise.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Here's a crazy thought: remember the Obi-Wan relative rumors? Well maybe the Vicar is Obi-Wan's brother.

13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Moving on from this waste of time back and forth that has no purpose.o_O

Anyways like I said before I wonder how big the civilization of Jakku is and how far the Vicar's power reaches on the planet???[face_thinking]

@Darth Chiznuk
    all of those rumors were about a female black or mixed race playing a relative of Kenobi.

14. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014
    I think it could resemble more Tatooine; with a big spaceport (like Mos Eisley)and then the rest of the planet having sarpse pockets of civilization,making it easier to hide.

15. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I have to say when looking at Jakku I always feel like it looks like a post apocalyptic world and with a character being a scavenger it actually fits even more.:p
    Although it most likely does have a spaceport like Tatooine and spread civilizations.

Rabs likes this.
  16. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    You really wonder why folks have accused you of seeking a low point in everything about TFA? Good Lord, man.

17. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    they can accuse me of whatever they want as what they think is irrelevant to me, I've said it before just giving my opinion on the rumors not the movie and nobody is forced to agree with me, nothing more.:)

-LordSkywalker- likes this.
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    If both Maz and the Vicar are Jedi it makes me wonder how many other Jedi are out there. Maybe the academy slaughter isn't as complete as it seems.

19. Solo-Skywalker

Dec 29, 2014

I agree; it seems like one of those forgotten sectors (in whatever "rim" it sits) Probably already searched and staked out after the "Battle of Jakku" so the planting, hiding of Rey on the planet would be made easier. Easily since she is using downed Imperial craft as a place of residence, no reason to continue a search there when all is assumed lost.

starocean90 likes this.
  20. Solo-Skywalker

Dec 29, 2014
    Maybe this is a purge type of aftermath when all the Jedi separate; Maz,Vicar and Luke all go separate ways and only come out of hiding when a "beacon" alerts them,except the beacon for Luke is only put into motion after Han Solo's death

21. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Maybe he's Anakin who like Obi-Wan and Yoda in the early draft of ROTJ can return from the netherworld of the Force...

...I'll see myself out.

Pro Scoundrel and starocean90 like this.
  22. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    if Von Sydow is Anakin he should try to spend some quality time with Luke on Skellig.;)

HeadingSouth likes this.
  23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Unfortunately cameos run in the family. ;)

24. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    I posted this in the Luke thread, what if Luke was guided to Skellig by his Anakin? What if Skellig is a ancient jedi temple like the one on Lothal in Rebels? If Skellig is a secret ancient jedi temple that might explain the coded location in the lightsaber.

Satipo likes this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No. However, your recent trend of finding your daily knowingly disagreeable/contrarian "opinion" and refusing to let it go until it generates idiotic drama has become trolling. The staff have been discussing it for awhile now. Consider this your notice. You are absolutely trolling and other members of this community clearly recognize it. So does the staff. If you enjoy posting here you should reevaluate your recent approach. Because you may not be here to discuss the film by the time it is released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.