main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars and 2015 SDCC

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Dewback, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    Hm, considering the stink TPTB made with the 50th anniversary footage of Doctor Who, I kinda see Disney trying to avoid a similar debacle. I also kinda doubt there'll be a trailer, but honestly, I don't really see why they chose to show up at SDCC at all. Especially with no new action figures or anything. [face_dunno]

Stephen Thomas likes this.
  2. magmd

magmd Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    Damn, was busy at work all day b/c leaving for SDCC tomorrow so was trying to get everything tied up. Now I see forum with talks about THR about solo movie. Then its already up on the official SW.com page. Damn! For sure forced them to show their hand early.

But then makes me worry about the panel. Such an odd year for Hall H. First of all, that SW will be there at all. But then, to show up with minimal stuff regarding TFA. Seems like they could have just sat out of Hall H. They had plenty of stuff to go over in 7A/B, why bother forcing a Hall H panel if they don't want to show anything.

Hydro spanner Celt likes this.
  3. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Is Abrams going to be at SDCC? If not, I can see yet another reason we aren't going to see much of anything at all about TFA.

It's nice that they get to talk about this Han Solo movie (not that there's much to talk about at this point) but it's the here and now that people are most interested in.

Maybe they have an announcement about the director for Episode 9 and a release date.

I can't wait until this week is over so that we can start speculating on D23.

4. magmd

magmd Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2003

Friday, July 10, Star Wars Schedule
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Hall H
    Lucasfilm president and producer Kathleen Kennedy, director J.J. Abrams, writer Lawrence Kasdan, and special guests provide a special look at Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

I think maybe they should have named the panel Lucasfilm. This way they could fill it with whatever, and the SDCC mentality would be that anything goes. At least for me, seeing the panel called SW: TFA. I expect to see TFA! Great if there is other items. But my mentality is that I get juicy stuff about TFA. If they are not going to be generous about what they want to bring, then just stay on the bench. The time slot can be picked up by any other studio. Or make it clear that it is not a panel that will dive/focus on 1 particular film.

5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    JJ, KK , and LK are all officially announced for SDCC.:)

Django Fett and nightangel like this.
  6. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Ok thanks.

I get a kick out of this "special look at Star Wars: The Force Awakens" in light of what we've been hearing this week. This should be very very interesting.

Jaxxon- likes this.
  7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  8. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Poor girl's already getting mobbed by crappy watermarks autograph hunters.

9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    and already her autograph is on Ebay, seems like Ewan was right about fake fans.:rolleyes:

10. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    just because they're not showing a trailer I'm pretty sure we're going to see Sonu but its screenshots and images

11. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015
  12. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
  13. ledzepfilm

ledzepfilm Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 30, 2015
    Honestly, they should've had the description of the panel say "a behind the scenes look at The Force Awakens" instead of a "special look."

14. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    What would that change?

15. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    Stephen Thomas likes this.
  16. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    If the fans are going to wait nearly three days for the show, a show without a clip or a trailer, then I can only hope Abrams has a good security team.

Hydro spanner Celt likes this.
  17. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    If they're in line now they're definitely the kind of fans who already read EW's report and either don't care, or believe Abrams/Lucasfilm is lying.

Solo-Skywalker likes this.
  18. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    And if they aren't lying, then JJ better make like George Costanza.
    [​IMG]

Xinau likes this.
  19. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    JJ should have to run for not showing a trailer that nobody who means anything said would be shown?

HeadingSouth, Chewgumma and Seeher like this.
  20. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    Hey, I didn't say it was reasonable. Normal level-headed thinking doesn't lead to camping out on a sidewalk for three days for what will be essentially a talk show.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  21. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I am really sad that I could not go this year! I so wanted to go! :(

22. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    she's making millions, its part of the job.

23. Shakez

Shakez Jedi Master star 3

Aug 22, 2014
  24. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    She is light years away from making millions. If what I read back in the day is accurate, her salary was around 70K.

25. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Her salary (if that figure is correct) is only one part of her income. Emma Watson has only really done the HP movies and is worth $60 million so to say that Daisy is light years away from making millions is underestimating a fair bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.