main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars and 2015 SDCC

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Dewback, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    no chance. sorry. what you read was WRONG!

2. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Yeah, nothing new.

News: No trailer or clips at SDCC confirmed. We will definitely get a behind the scenes reel. Young Han Solo film reveal. Reiteration of Rey as granddaughter of Kenobi theory (dude seems very convinced...), and of Sana as mother of Boyega and ex-wife of Han (he's less convinced about that)...Nothing new...

Interview clips conducted at Celebration, embargoed until today, I suppose...

Boyega: Says that the discipline his parents enforced prepared him for the world of "Jedi" and gave him a foundation "between the dark and the light." Not clear if that means anything, really. Could be a hint at force-sensitivity...
    Ridley: Favorite filming location was Abu Dhabi. Loved the set in the desert, creatures milling about, and speeders chilling in the sand. Nothing new.
    Fisher: I missed this (got a phone call for work)
    Hamill: Reiterates how talented the new cast is. Joked about how Lucas basically directed with two suggestions "faster, more intense" and "this time, do it better." Implies that JJ provides a lot more for the actors to work with. Envied the new cast in that respect. Joked about Alec Guiness on SW set.
    Daniels: Says the new actors took to it very easily, and that JJ was a great director (and far less limited in his direction than Lucas). Joked about Alec Guiness on SW set (mentioned how he got knocked out during the Vader fight).

Frankly, this strikes me as bordering on false advertisement. The site certainly made it seem as if these were fresh new interviews, and then...3-month old clips.

3. ledzepfilm

ledzepfilm Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 30, 2015
    When you mean confirmed, you mean confirmed by Lucasfilm yes? The XM station is Entertainment Weekly, afterall. However, I'll be totally fine with a BTS reel, as long as it shows off some new locations and characters.

4. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    No, confirmed by the Entertainment Weekly people based on a "very reliable source." There has been no confirmation from Lucasfilm.

5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    all the stuff past your bolded is old news as for Sana being Finn's mom.....o_O

6. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    All sounds very familiar, am sure I have read all this stuff,

But thanks for the info and updates DLB, fabulous as always :cool:

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  7. ledzepfilm

ledzepfilm Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 30, 2015
    So it's just a rehash of what we heard on Monday. No official confirmation yet.

8. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    So really nothing about TFA. No pictures, posters, character props...nothing at all?

dekaneas likes this.
  9. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Odd. I'd almost believe he's doing this as a deliberate distraction for those speculating about Rey's real identity.

Almost.

10. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    There may be. He just didn't mention it.

Yup. Hence the phrase "nothing new." ;)

In short, you all made the right choice in not bothering to listen, and I made the wrong choice.

Dra--- likes this.
  11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  12. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I believe so.

13. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    can put the pictures from comic Con, posted on instagran.?

14. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
  15. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    thejeditraitor likes this.
  16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  17. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

Rumor is they're revealing the Black Series that were leaked from China. Kylo, Finn, Rey w/ BB-8, Chewie, and Han. And the Black Series vehicle.

18. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    with packaging and all or just the figures and I wonder if they are going to sell Rey and Finn as Rey and Finn and any word on any Poe toys???

19. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    [​IMG]

20. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014

The more I think of it. Why would Han or Luke's daughter be growing up on some random planet? Not to mention the actress has a British accent like Obi-wan. Unless Jakku is full of people with British accents, it just doesn't make sense to me.

21. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    The other bit that's interesting is Ridley's mention that her being "solitary" was a "clue" about who she is. Many, including me, assume(d) that meant "Solo." But there's someone else who spent a lot of time living a solitary existence on a desert planet...

Personally, I don't like the possibility, and so am inclined to reject it. But this guy, who moderated the Celebration panel with JJ and KK, and I believe is doing so again, keeps talking about it...

22. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014

Not only that but that really incredible artwork from Martin Ansin for just a simple speculation piece? Something is up and I have a feeling the Dude isn't wrong. But then again, if he truly does know, he would be pissing off Lucasfilm something awful by talking about it.

23. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    yeah he was the moderated at Celebration and everything VII revealed from EW officially was him was also one of the first to say the standalone movie are Fett and Han and if no footage is revealed at SDCC then basically everything said by this guy is on the mark but the moderator for SDCC is Chris Hardwick. Also is Kenobi stuff is just theories which he himself said not from sources.:)

24. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

So wait they dont want to confused people by putting Episode VII in the title but a confuluted link to Kenobi is all good? I guess they could explain it in Ep 8 but still seems to go all the way around streamlining it. Sibling Rivalry or Cousin Rivalry resonates through out history. But I dont know grandkids of Kenobi and Anakin going head to head one more time just makes the galaxy seems small to me. It work if the Jedi Order was still intact but...

25. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    I know. It just seems to be an odd obsession to air publicly so often. And to have artwork created for an article including that obsessive speculation? And to have a track record of being the one to officially reveal a lot of TFA stuff? Is this Lucasfilm's way of getting fans comfortable with the possibility of it, before dropping it on them? A test run?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.