main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fantasy Flight Games and the Star Wars TCG

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Having only played a few games myself, I find fighters tend to all get engaged in a furball and neutralize each other for a while. When they aren't, they do help in nipping away at shields and "keeping them honest." it's more of a choice to redirect some damage to a different facing if there are some fighters there that can take advantage of an unshielded side in the fighter phase.

Will probably put a preorder in for one of each of the wave 2 ships in a couple weeks.

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
  3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Well this is different: An announcement for a new book called the "Mask of the Pirate Queen" about the Zann Consortium's new major rivals, the Veiled Sorority.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/7/6/mask-of-the-pirate-queen/

[​IMG]
    Explore the jungles of an Outer Rim paradise. Slice into the networks of an interplanetary crime syndicate. Fight your way onto a pirate ship. Battle a seasoned pitfighter while thousands of spectators look on – all in pursuit of the nefarious, cunning, and powerful Pirate Queen. You never know what tough deals you'll make, what underground contacts you'll meet, or what illicit deeds you'll perform in this fast-paced bounty hunting adventure.

The Pirate Queen leads an all-female criminal organization known as the Veiled Sorority that predates the Clone Wars. Non-females of any species can join the sorority, and most of the lower-ranking members are male, but only females can hold leadership positions. The Pirate Queen herself remains anonymous to all but her most intimate counselors, always wearing an ornate, high-tech mask to maintain her anonymity– which is more necessary now that the infamy of the Veiled Sorority is growing.

The trademark criminal practice of the Veiled Sorority unites benevolence with ruthlessness. Preferring to take entire vessels rather than just cargo, a band of Veiled Sorority pirates will board a ship and offer to be merciful if the crew surrenders without a fight. If anyone refuses or offers resistance, then every single person aboard the ship could be executed.

The Zann Consortium, headed by a cunning former protege of Jabba the Hutt, is behind the bounty posted for the Pirate Queen. Having recently become the Veiled Sorority’s favorite target, they have lost too many ships, cargo, and lives not to seek retribution and revenge. Operating primarily in the Outer Rim, the Zann Consortium has made a windfall feeding on the conflict between the Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire, extorting neutral planetary governments by offering military protection for their worlds. Those worlds that refuse find themselves attacked by domestic terrorists and plagued by corrupt government officials who have been bought by the Consortium.

In agreeing to hunt down the Pirate Queen, you and your companions are willingly becoming pawns in the vicious interplanetary rivalry between these criminal syndicates. Neither organization has the law on it’s side, and you’ll often have trouble telling the good guys from the bad. You might earn an enormous profit and gain powerful underworld contacts in this dangerous affair, but any mistake you make has the potential to get you killed.

[​IMG]

I guess they had enough of Zann's frat parties?

5. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Uh looks really interesting.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Totally headcanoning a fierce rivalry between the Firebird Society and the Veiled Sorority. There's no way those law and order types could stand a pirate organization like that.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Just want to say that I love that they are using the Zann Consortium who are criminally underused since Forces of Corruption

Grand Admiral Paxis likes this.
  8. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    ... and FFG wins again. These guys are seriously on a roll with the Star Wars RPG stuff.

9. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    What I assume is the eponymous mask sure looks pretty neat.

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  11. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Because it just makes no sense what he supposedly able to pull off ;)

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    To bad you don't have a hutt avatar right now since then I could make a quip about being surprised that a hutt underestimating the power of corruption

13. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Oh I don’t doubt the potential of the SW Underworld, I have much bigger issues with how many really powerful people Tyber personally annoys and the kind of technological wonders and ship building capacities he can pull from thin air. Stealing other peoples stuff or getting Imperials/Rebels to defect would not be an issue, but being able to actually research, design, fund and build better ships then them is going very far.

Abadacus likes this.
  14. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Well, he did recruit Mandolore to his cause, and we all know that they are magicians when it comes to awesome powerful ship designs, in between being family oriented rustic farmers...

Abadacus, Gamiel and Gorefiend like this.
  15. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Tyber Zann also had incredible timing... let's not forget that Jabba, Xizor and the Emperor died and Thrawn went off into the Unknown Regions before they could really bring their forces to crush Zann.

I liked the idea - which was mentioned in the preview - of his criminal organization preying on the neutral worlds of the galaxy. Of course, I also like that there's a rival now. It's a big galaxy, and Black Sun and the Hutts can't be the only players on the galactic scale.

Barriss_Coffee and Gamiel like this.
  16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So what you're saying is that it's all Zaarin's fault.

17. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    It's good to see an announcement for a new rpg book. They've been much quieter on that front lately. Will FFG be at SDCC?

18. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Zaarin is just awesome like that.

I really hope we'll see some Zaarin action in the Age of Rebellion line.

19. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
  20. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    For those of you interested in how the RPG handles the mechanics of the Dark and Light Side, Check this out.

Barriss_Coffee and Gorefiend like this.
  21. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    I am a little sad to see TCW-style nightsisters in FFG, but I guess it was inevitable.

22. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Almost certain they will also have other versions of the Witches show up.

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Me I am happy that there are more Force traditions in the book then just Jedi and Sith/Imperial dark sider

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  24. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    For keepers of the peace, that art shows off a lot of dead bodies, burning villages, and attacks on herbivorous animals.

25. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Clearly evil herbivores. ;)