main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fantasy Flight Games and the Star Wars TCG

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That looks more like a terentatek to me than a reek:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Reek
    [​IMG]
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Terentatek

[​IMG]

Jedi Knight Fett and Gamiel like this.
  2. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Clearly they are burning the villages in order to save them.

3. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

[​IMG]

4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    You can't spell lawful without "awful".

5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    "Lawful Good does not mean Lawful Nice"
    -The Motto of Lawful Evil since 1978.

That said, no one ever said jedi were good at being keepers of the peace.

Gamiel likes this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Especially not when an evil dictatorship have taken over the known galaxy and is activity hunting them.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Says the White Ranger. :p

Though there is something to be said of that, with respect to Jedi. They're sometimes pretty harsh.

8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I go Green when I'm away.

9. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Any FFG news out of SDCC?

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hmmm... I thought FF was at SDCC but I didn't hear much from the SW front about it.

There's a new article up about the Force and Destiny game today: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/7/16/the-powers-of-the-force/

Some cool images too:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...the last one looks like Blackhole fighting Cade Bane, Greedo, and.... Star-Lord. Which is a fanfic I will be writing RIGHT NOW.

11. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    Personally I love the smug Luke, "yeah, you guys look over there. I'll just be over the other way."

12. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Ugh, I want an update as to when the next wave of Armada items will be available. Plus the Stronghold book.

Come on FFG, give us some exact dates!

--Adm. Nick

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  13. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    Personally I love the smug Luke, "yeah, you guys look over there. I'll just be doing my thing elsewhere."

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I just want a free weekend where I can go to the gaming store and look at all the pretty pictures in Desperate Allies and debate buying it. Diplomats!

...but I do also want Strongholds and the ISD from the next Armada wave.

Star Wars will be the death of me.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

15. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    I just want friends with which to play Armada :(

Gotta say, I'm usually not a fan of most of the TIE variants, but that Punisher looks F-ing sexy!

16. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  17. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Force and Destiny is coming out (according to Cool Stuff Games) on Jul 28th.

18. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Oh man, some of you guys that like to debate about the Force are going to flip. I don't know which way. :p

Boring stat stuff:

Races: Cerean, Human, Kel Dor, Mirialan, Nautolan, Togruta, Twi'lek, Zabrak.
    Starfighters: Y-Wing, Delta-6 fighter, Delta-7 Aethersprite interceptor, Delta-12 Skysprite, X-Wing, TIE Fighter.
    Shuttles: Lambda-class, Pathfinder scout ship.
    Freighters: G9 Rigger light freighter, HWK-290 light freighter, HT-2200 medium freighter, Simiyiar light freighter, ZH-25 Questor light freighter.
    Capital ships: Adz-class destroyer, CR90 corvette, IR-3F-class light freighter, Victory-class Star Destroyer.
    Planets: Cerea, Coruscant,Dagobah, Dorin, Ilum, Moraband (Korriban), Ossus, Weik.

The Jedi Temple has been turned into the Emperor's Palace.
    Korriban is the Sith name of Moraband. Take that, George. [face_laugh]
    Yep, the Ysanna are on Ossus.
    Tython and the Je'daii.
    Yep, TOR material mentioned (Sacking of Coruscant, relocating of Jedi to Tython). SPOILER ALERT:
    "the Jedi and the Republic eventually prevailed." Sorry, those of you who played Sith characters in TOR!
    Rokur Gepta and the Sorcerers of Tund.
    Midi-chlorians.
    "The Force consists of two related, but distinct, elements: the Living Force and the Cosmic Force."
    MORTIS.
    Force Witches of Dathomir.
    Stats for Podracer Pilot and Toydarian Merchant SURE TO BE YOUR PLAYERS' PRIMARY VILLAINS.
    Cool adventure involving a wrecked ship from the Mandalorian Wars.

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Can I have the Sorcerers of Tund AND the podracers as my villains?

Rokur Gepta in a podracer? He can be small enough.

Gorefiend likes this.
  20. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    He will podrace you.. IN YOUR MIND.

Edit: Apparently, the CWAS Mortis story is told as a legend in the book called "The Force Wielders". [face_plain]

Gorefiend likes this.
  21. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Out of curiosity, is Pesegam mentioned as another alternate name for the planet?

22. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    [​IMG]

Edit: blackmyron Also, more info plz, e.g.

Midi-chlorians.
    "The Force consists of two related, but distinct, elements: the Living Force and the Cosmic Force."
    MORTIS.

And the priestesses if they're mentioned.

Sorcerers of Tund would also be acceptable.

23. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Little surprised that Byss and Dathomir weren't included in the planet gazetteer.
    Also, there's a big disclaimer (StoryGroup?) about the 'ancient tales of the Jedi and the Sith' : that the 'truth about their origins and early adventures has yet to be revealed' and that it 'should not be treated as canonical truth' (yeah, must be Storygroup)... which is then completely undercut by the actual adventure that deals with events from that period. [face_laugh] (Plus, that the rest of the book essentially ignores the statement).

No, that's it.

Edit: Besides the recap of the Mortis episodes (told as a legendary story without names), the entry for Mortis under "Notable Locations" : "The legendary Mortis is allegedly the home of powerful Force beings known as the Father, the Son, and the Daughter. Though it is most certainly a major vergence in the Force, no one is sure whether Mortis is an artificial station, a location within the Chrelythiumn system, or even a place beyond the comprehension of mortal minds."

Midi-chlorians are considered to be 'associated' with the Force... 'however, as with many matters related to the Force, there are few absolutes.'
    Not particularly useful in the RE setting as 'the subject is treated with ridicule by disinterested scientists and with official discouragement by Imperial authorities.'

'Ultimately, all energy from the Living Force passes into the Cosmic Force. This includes not only the energy of the Living Force at a particular point in time, but the energy of all things that have ever lived in the galaxy. For this reason, the Cosmic Force transcends normal conceptions of time and space. In this way, it also connects all things in the galaxy together: not only what is, but what was and what has yet to come."

Rokur Gepta is treated as one of the 'legends': "Some rumors say the one surviving Sorcerer, called Rokur Gepta, was granted command of an Imperial warship and held sway over Imperial forces in the region for a time. Exactly how and why he was allowed to do this is not public knowledge, but it implies important connections to the highest ranking Imperials. Other rumors blame him for Tund's destruction, while some whisper that Rokur Gepta died in the midst of his tyrannical rule."

Oh, and you'll be glad that the Drew novels get the same lore scrubbing: "While some tales [of Darth Bane] have survived the centuries in Jedi histories and the trappings of Sith lore, details are severely muddled and highly questionable."

MercenaryAce and DigitalMessiah like this.
  24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    So what Imperial things do we get pictures of? Any other pictures of the Palace other than the cover?

25. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Now all we need is Zonama Sekot and the Yuuzhan Vong amirite

oh yeah blackmyron
    what does it say about Tython and the Je'daii