main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Poetry Inspiration Challenge—More poems available

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Findswoman , Mar 9, 2015.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I KNEW YOU WOULD PICK 14 BECAUSE IT WAS LONELY up there.

Somebody should pick the remaining two, totally.

Admiral Volshe and Findswoman like this.
  2. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    "Oh, nice one. This one could be a 1.5k or 2k word story." It's now twice that and still not done...

3. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    If I'm not wrong, you have not written any super-long things? If so, this may end up being your first!

whiskers and Findswoman like this.
  4. whiskers

May 19, 2005
    Not in a very long time.

Findswoman likes this.
  5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    That reminds me...I have pretty much all of your stuff that I had not commented on open and I should probably look at it. :p As well as that PM from ages ago. I tend to forg...wairt, where am I?

whiskers and Findswoman like this.
  6. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    I haven't any idea what I want to do with the poem I received. It did occur to me when I was reading through the recent posts on this thread that I could do a gender reversal (since the genders of the speaker and the person being referred to, as in JadeLotus's poem, are quite obvious), but the idea doesn't actually inspire me. I do know that I don't want to go with an easy and rather painfully obvious interpretation, but that is all I have figured out.

Findswoman likes this.
  7. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Is 24 taken? Could use a boost.

Findswoman likes this.
  8. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Here's mine!

Home

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Wonderful! Index now updated. :)

Admiral Volshe and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm surrendering #8 for someone else to take. I never did come up with an idea on how to use it, and my muse has moved on to other things.

Findswoman likes this.
  11. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014

That's fine, Jon. Thanks for letting me know. No. 8 is now available again.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  12. Lazy K

Lazy K Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 22, 2012
    捨てる神あれば拾う神あり、と言うことで――

May I have #8, please?

13. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    I'll take the last one please :)

14. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    All righty doo! All the poems have now been handed out, so we're just waiting for the finished products now (and have gotten some mighty fine ones already :cool:).

As always, if you have any questions about your poem, or would like to brainstorm or otherwise just check in, feel free to use this thread or to PM me. :)

Ewok Poet and Admiral Volshe like this.
  15. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    Sorry it took so long. Here's my entry.

16. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Hi everyone,

It's been a long time, hasn't it? I hope no one minds my resurrecting this thread in the interest of a bit of housekeeping. So far, there are fifteen other authors besides myself who have signed up but haven't contributed a story yet. Because the boards only allow ten tags per post, I'll list the first ten here and the remaining five in the next post (following the same order as the OP):

Jade_Pilot
    SeparatistSympathizer
    Chyntuck
    divapilot
    Lazy K
    K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku
    whiskers
    Kahara
    Viridian-Maiden
    Ceillean

If you are on this list, please let me know whether or not you are still interested in eventually contributing something (and again, there's no real deadline). If you aren't, no hard feelings—I'll simply make your number available again in case someone else would like to take it. Anyone I don't hear from within a week of this post (i.e., on or before Friday, October 7) will be removed from the list, and their number will be made available again. (Note that there is still no deadline for the challenge itself.)

And if you are still interested in participating, I'm here to answer any questions and to provide further prompts, guidance, etc., if they would help.

Thanks so much! :)

Chyntuck likes this.
  17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
  18. whiskers

May 19, 2005

I had something mostly done last year, but it got lost in the hard drive crash. Go ahead and recycle mine.

Findswoman likes this.
  19. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I'm still in, and it's going to be a loooooong fic. It's lucky there's no deadline though :p

20. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    I have a page of handwritten notes, so I might still manage a finished story for this one of these days. Or one of these years. It's a good thing there isn't a deadline.

Findswoman likes this.
  21. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Well, I had an idea back when I started but it didn't really pan out. Would like to wait and see if another plot bunny occurs, though! :)

Findswoman likes this.
  22. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oddly enough, I had inspiration road-blocks with my poem because it covers themes that I tend to write about a lot in one of my NSW fandoms, and I was unsure of how to tackle it again. BUT, looking at it after some time has passed, I think I have a new angle I can take. So I want to hold on to mine. :)

Thanks for keeping this going, though, Chyntuck! [:D]

23. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Please make my number available again. The muse was being obstinate and I got nuthin'.

24. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Thanks to all have responded so far—I have updated the list accordingly. :)

25. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    All right, hope no one minds my putting out one more quick heads-up to those people from whom I haven't yet heard:

Jade_Pilot
    SeparatistSympathizer
    Lazy K
    K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku
    Viridian-Maiden
    Ceillean
    SabyneAmberle
    JadeLotus
    Lady_Skywalker87

Today, folks, is the day to let me know whether you would like to continue in this challenge or not. Please let me know if you would like to hold on to your number or poem, or if you would like me to make it available again. (Which I shall do if I don't hear from you.) Many thanks! :)