main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Why are you guys acting like you know Sarah Michelle Gellar is voicing the female Inquisitor? As far as I know they haven't announced who is voicing the Inquisitors, who Gellar is playing, nor have you heard the female Inquisitor speak yet. Remember Tarkin? We didn't know Stephen Stanton was doing voice work on Rebels until the episode went online. Fulcrum? They hid who did the voice in the first episode she appeared in and used a different voice actress in the second appearance to confuse us. And Barriss's voice actress Meredith Salenger has been showing up at a lot of Rebels public events over the last year.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

For all we know, Gellar could be playing Mon Motha or Rae Sloane or Young Leia or...you get the idea.

cwustudent and Knight Wolf like this.
  2. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    RAE SLOANE!? In rebels!? Yes all the yes!

3. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015

She ain't confirmed for Rebels and neither are the other two, I was just using the names as an example of characters that might show up and have been teased at once or twice by the production crew.

4. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I want to put this in spoiler tags, but I wanted to make sure I snagged both of you for this.

She will apparently appear in Aftermath in some capacity from what I understand.

Revyl Ren likes this.
  5. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015

Yeah, she is an admiral at the time and she was the one in charge of the forces that captured Wedge Antilles.

6. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    I know that she is not confirmed and what else she will appear in. She was turned into a cyborg in chrome stormtrooper armour and goes by the name Phasma.

7. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    Sharah probably isn't playing femInquisitor - Freddie said in this podcast (circa 45:00) that "some people speculate that she's a female Inquisitor. There's a ton of characters people have not seen, so they're not able to speculate". He also added that her character has a lot of scenes with Kanan and she's in whole season 2, maybe also in season 3. Also, "she's in a position to take orders and execute them, not to give them".

Honestly, I have no clue who she might be...

8. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015

That description sounds a lot like a Rebel or Imperial agent of some kind. Inquisitors are very much officers, they stand just below Vader in the chain of command and can commandeer any Imperial forces necessary to complete their mission (Inquisitor Issac gave orders to Admiral Konstaine, remember).

podjazd and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  9. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
  10. Mr. Loth Cat

Mr. Loth Cat Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 4, 2015
    What if it wasn't Barriss at all? What if it was Ezra's mother? Ezra had to get his force capabilities somewhere, so either his mother or his father had to be force sensitive. Also, we've seen a picture of Ezra's mother, and she does have a similar face shape. Did we ever confirm what species Ezra's mother was?

In numerous interviews they've said that season 2 will be the "Empire Strikes Back" of the show. Ezra finding out his mother is now an inquisitor would echo Luke finding out his father is Vadar.

Just some speculation. I could be completely wrong.

pepoluan likes this.
  11. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Ezra's mom had green skin? :confused:

12. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Because ya know cosmetic surgery duh! ;)

Watto likes this.
  13. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Just some thoughts, but it hope this season one of the main characters die. It'd add some real tension and threat, and also would be a great character enhancer for some. Personally, I think it should unfold like so:

-Halfway through the season have Hera die, either killed in an explosion on the Ghost during a mission, or by Vader/Tarkin/etc.
    -This causes great sadness in the group. Kanan is angered and wants revenge on who did this (again, Vader or an Inquisitor).
    -Kanan sees Vader/Inquisitor that killed Hera, foolishly runs in for revenge, and Vader doesn't play around this time and finishes him off (same with an Inquisitor).
    -Ezra is greatly pierced by this loss, and Ahsoka comforts him and tries to veer him away from the dark side, saying justice will come eventually.
    -This leaves Zeb, Sabine, and Ezra left. The "parents" are now dead, and they must learn what it takes to lead and be a part of something bigger.
    -If Ahsoka faces Vader and dies, maybe have Ezra feel defeated and go into hiding somewhere in the galaxy.
    -Zeb should die to Kallus, but in turn he kills him.
    -Let Sabine live, making her never to want to become attached to anyone ever again after what she's witnessed. She becomes a bounty hunter, and her story can be further explored in books/comics/games.

Now I wrote this in haste, but I feel that there needs to be some sort of loss. I hope they don't keep every character alive just because a little kid likes them.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Initially you suggested that "one of the main characters" should die. But then you go off by saying that once that one person dies (Hera, for that matter), it starts a chain reaction that wipes out just about everybody. Are you suggesting they should just come to an immediate conclusion by the end of next season in Rebels and carry the leftover stories in comics/books?

pepoluan likes this.
  15. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I don't think he means that and they wouldn't do that after TCW. I think he means totally flip the show on its head. I wouldn't mind them doing this and it would be interesting to see if they can pull it off.

For example. In Battlestar Galactica they do this at the end of Season Two. They end with a decision and totally change the situation the characters are in and end it with a cliffhanger.
    Then the first few episodes of season Three pick up the pieces and use a different format from before. It works very well.

As long as Ahsoka doesn't fight Vader or dies I wpuld be fine with it.

16. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Hera: Nope. She has to keep the family together. I could see her stepping into Ahsoka's place as the rebel cell leader....if Ahsoka dies, that is.

Kanan: Not unless Ahsoka takes his place as Ezra's master. I don't see that happening.

Ezra or Sabine: Nope and nope. This is Disney....they don't kill off your teen heartthrobs. They wait until they hit their 20's and turn them into crazy *****.

Ahsoka: Yep.....either that or Miley-Cyrus her (see above).

Zeb: YES! This makes the most sense. Have Zeb and Kallus in intense mortal combat, eventually killing each other. Maybe even have Zeb narrowly defeating Kallus in order for the Ghost crew to escape just as a giant moon comes crashing down onto the.....oh, wait....

cwustudent and Darthmaul208 like this.
  17. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I stated I think a main character should die,and then I gave my own little story on what should unfold for ALL the characters. I didn't mean have them all die by season 2, I meant to have this lead up to the series finale. I didn't think I'd have to phrase it to the exact word to get my point across, but evidently I had to...

18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I think a main character *will* die.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    What's wrong with Ahsoka fighting Vader?

thejeditraitor likes this.
  20. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I just don't want to see it. It is obviously something the fans want so if they do it, it will be pandering to the fanbase something that should not happen. It also doesn't sit well with me. If they fight and Ahsoka dies will there be character growth? No I don't think there will be as Vader will probably not be the focus. If they fight and Ahsoka doesn't die what change for her? She knows who he is, wants to stop him and the empire (I assume still haven't watched siege of lothal) and knows she is out of her depth.

To me it just doesn't work logically. Unless we get the consequences of the fight then it is purely fan service. I mean if they fight and Ahsoka escapes and then she goes into hiding and we then see Vader meditating and having visions of the past and feeling angry (or just visually do it with his hands on his head) then I would be fine with it.

I think it would just be purely to indulge the fans and yeah it might be "cool" to see but the purpose of the fight would be lost with the fans just going ohh ahh. I think there are other ways to show the characters have a past/connection and that they have changed. Think the ESB cutaway scene at the end of the film between Luke and Vader.

I guess it is just me and I guess it will happen seeing those con posters. But I hope they pull it off.

21. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Not every attempt to please fans is 'pandering' Maul. Personally I don't think this is needed either but expect it and don't really see the harm. Most everything I've partaken so far is predictable anyhow this would be right in line.

pepoluan likes this.
  22. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Perhaps but in this case I think it is. I mean during interviews the first thing they ask Dave is "when will we see Ahsoka fight Vader?" He replies well we will see.
    Surely the goal is to please fans by telling a good story with character development and to make the audience think and feel. Them fighting won't simply do that for me, there has to be consequences and a reflection on it.

23. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014
    I agree with you that an Ahsoka/Vader fight just for a the sake of them fighting would be just fan service. There needs to be some kind of character growth.

Would a scenario where Ahsoka, knowing who Vader was, doesn’t want to fight him/face the monster he’s become but is forced to work for you? Say something like Ahsoka fights him to distract him while the Ghost crew completes some mission vital to the Rebellion. Maybe he kills her or maybe he captures her. IMO Ahsoka getting captured by Vader is the worst case scenario for her.

24. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Yeah it does and I thought about it when writing the other posts. I also thought about it the other ways such Vader doesn't want to fight her or they reluctantly fight. It would be interesting to see- a held in fight, the only time I can think off is in RotJ with Luke and ANH with Obi Wan.
    Again the problem with killing her is the consequences I don't think we will see Vader reflect on that because that isn't a focus of the show and barely in the movies. Capturing her might be more interesting because they could be character growth and a discussion of who anakin is now. If this were live action and more adult with a different focus I can imagine a whole hour of the talking, with Vader having to leave because of anger and sadness. If she is captured Vader has to kill her, but if he doesn't then he has a problem. I can see him falling out with Emperor about it and Tarkin being placed to watch his actions so we see why Tarkin commands Vader in ANH.
    The problem with it is I have thought this too much before Ahsoka joined Rebels. I used to discuss this when TCW aired about what would happen. I said they should just transition TCW to the OT era and do the rebellion. That is what happened albeit if it was rushed with TCW not ending how it should and Rebels being annoyingly different and underwhelming to what I imagined
    The problem is I discussed what would happen so it us one of those things I don't need to see. Akin to Han Solo's backstory or the death star plans.

Knight Wolf likes this.
  25. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Considering the Ahsoka/Vader fight has been speculated since Ahsoka appeared in TCW, I hope they do it justice. It shouldn't be Anakin vs Dooku v.34.

It should be a huge gamechanging event, potentially explaing why she isn't in the OT (besides the obvious ). I do think the crew know this, so until some actual idea of what will happen is made clear I will give them the benefit of the doubt.