main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Hera

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Why_So_Serious, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well hopefully they could "merge" the threads. I did a search and couldn't even locate that thread initially.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Did you use google, or the board search function, because I found it right away with the latter. ;)

3. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    Well She AIN'T green[face_thinking]

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  4. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I wonder why they didn't make Hera the same girl as the one briefly seen in liberty on ryloth, I mean it's not like it was ever a secret she was related to Cham

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That picture is from LOR. There was another Twi'lek girl who befriended the clones in Storm over Ryloth, but her name was "Numa". Unlike the one held by Cham in LOR, however, she does have green skin.

[​IMG]

6. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Hera, IMO, is like Jan Ors from Jedi Outcast.

Same voice actress and love interest to the scoundrel Jedi Kyle/Kanan.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  7. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Hera is awesome. Her character rocks. Is she related to the Ryloth general in the Clone Wars, cos if so that is a great idea. Would be cool to see Ryloth in Rebels or more Twi'leks.

Rebels is impressive...most impressive!!

Can Aayla or a clone of Aayla be in it? Plus will we see why/how Rex operated independently from the Empire and how they avoided executing Order 66?

Would be cool to see a flashback to see how each of the crew met each other. It seems that Sabine was formerly in the Imperial Academy system (a little like a Han Solo), how did Hera and Kanan meet?

Also how did Kanan survive Order 66, flashback please!

She's an incredibly talented pilot though and a very good leader it seems who thinks rationally when under pressure. She keeps the team together and in line at crucial moments. Sabine has the targetting and agility skills, Zeb is brute force and the big guy, Ezra is the trickster who is streetwise, Kanan the Jedi with the power of the Force and mystical character.

The marketing was great as they showed the clips of each character's skills. Would be cool to see how they formed before Ezra came.

Also the Season 2 premiere was epic!!!!!!!!

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hi DarthTalonx. I can tell you're really enthusiastic, but don't post more than once in a row in a given thread. Don't want to create too much clutter. ;)

9. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    Soon in the show,perhaps a blast from Hera's past will come along and then SHE will be distracted and that won't be good for the others at all:(

10. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yes, Hera is the daughter of Cham Syndulla. And if he's still around during the time frame of the series, I'd sure love to see Cham show up.

Well, we've already been treated to one mummified Jedi corpse, so you never know. :p

As for "Aaayla," I wouldn't count on it.

We'll definitely be seeing Rex. And I expect the first appearance of the clones in Rebels will go some length to explaining how the three former GAR Officers have been surviving since the end of the Clone War.

As to actually seeing what happened with Rex during Order 66? Short of a literal flashback scene, I think we may have to wait for a comic or novel. Still, the scars on the heads of Rex and his crew already tell us part of the 'how' they were able to avoid Order 66.

Good news! The story of Hera and Kanan meeting for the first time was already detailed in John Jackson Miller's canon novel A New Dawn.

Likewise, the story of Kanan and his Jedi Master Depa Billaba -- specifically their fate during Order 66 -- was explored in the Kanan: The Last Padawan comic series.

If you're interested in learning more, I'd recommend seeking these titles out. They're a lot of fun! :)

DarthTalonx likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yep, definitely read A New Dawn and the Kanan comics. They are awesome.

Trebor Sabreon and Rou-eru like this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    "A New Dawn" is certainly an acquired taste. I'm 32 chapters into it, and IMO it's a very slow read. For instance, the book seemed to spend a page and a half talking about how large the mirror is in Count Vidian's private chambers.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "People of several different species found Hera appealing to look at, and she was happy to put that to use for a good cause."

"[Vidian] looked like a war droid playing a human at a masquerade party."

"What good was the Force, if it allowed its most devoted followers to be cut down by rank and betrayal? 'A Jedi uses the Force for guidance,' his first teacher said. Yeah, guidance right into a freaking wall!"

"He wasn't some chivalrous nomad, skulking from planet to planet doing good deeds and leaving when things got too not. No, he left when things got too dull. When the drinking money ran out, or when the bartender's daughter suddenly wanted to marry him. Kanan didn't leave because the Empire moved in: He's stared down Imperials like Vidian before and lived. No, he left because where the Empire went, fun usually died."

"The Jedi had always preached against forming connections, to prevent their acolytes from putting too much value in any one relationship. In so doing, they had unwittingly trained their students to be the perfect fugitives, able to cut and run at any given moment. As long as they didn't stop to care, they could go on indefinitely."

"And for some reason she couldn't put her finger on, she wanted to have one more talk with Kanan. He was self-centered and hedonistic, to be sure--but there had been flashes of something different, moments that made her wonder who he was and where he had come from."

"He liked that Hera had direction and drive. All women were magical creatures to Kanan, but there were happy forest nymphs, and there were wizards."

"Who wants to download Vidian's brain?"

DarthTalonx , see if any of this appeals to you.

14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Sounds like they should've named him Count de Money.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  15. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    You mean de Monet. ;)

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You know, I just gotta say after rewatching several of the past episodes of Rebels, I've really grown to like Hera more and more. She's easily my favorite character (outside of Ahsoka of course).

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That's one of my favorite scenes in Rebels, maybe my overall favorite.

18. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    That scene is great because pretty much every time Lando opened his mouth in that episode I wanted to punch him.

They went over board trying to make Lando seem cool in rebels if you ask me.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm sure Leia would've done the same to Lando if Chewie wasn't with her.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Or if Chewie hadn't gotten him first.

21. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I think they went overboard to make him an obnoxious pig to probably appease a certain female demographic that they want to attract with characters like Sabine and Hera so they made him out to be a sexist, misogynist relic of the 70's and he's largely for comic relief.

He was not like that in ESB, he was mainly playing it smooth to put on a front because Vader was there threatening to take over or level Cloud City and awaiting for his quarry and he did not want to arouse suspicion & Solo who knows him pretty well - Lando's demeanor quickly changed soon as the door opened and he took quick action once it became clear he made all the wrong choices despite for the right reasons to save his city in his mind at the time atleast, because it became clear the Empire does not make deals . If Lando is very active against the Empire now many years before ESB then he should've known better and already took action Bespin but he did not. It makes him look less heroic and just a complete tool.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Not sure if I go by that. "You old smoothy"

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Ezra and Kanan also try being smooth with the ladies on the ship, but Lando was simply over the top namely with a 30 something year old guy with a voice of a much older man hitting on a 16-17 year old female was a bit too much. Lando just came off creepy. But it does not change the fact it was a front in ESB and Han was playing it cool when he said as he did not trust Lando and nor did Leia, and Han and Lando were both gamblers, pirates , con artists by trade so Han suspect his charming had an ulterior motive in Rebels its Hera playing the part of Han and Leia composited while Kanan and Ezra come off as impotent boys in the situation with Hera wearing the pants and Lando comes off little more than a comic relief pimp.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "certain female demographic"

[face_plain]

25. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    There's nothing wrong with Lando being portrayed as cool such as in his latest comic book but rebels simply failed because they tried too hard.