main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which piece of Star Wars music always gives you tingles down the spine?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Hermi_Odle, Dec 5, 2012.

1. chagrian_scavenger

chagrian_scavenger Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2015
    Star Wars music is brilliant and a lot of the pieces are really moving.
    'Binary Sunset', 'Across the Stars', 'Duel of the Fates', 'The Emperor's Theme', 'Battle of the Heroes' and 'The Throne Room' are some of my favorites.

If I had to pick an absolute favorite, it would be the music piece at the end of Revenge of the Sith (when Obi-Wan gives Luke to Owen and Beru).
    Right before the 'Binary Sunset' theme picks up, there are these short, tinkling sounds. Hearing it always sends tingles down my spine.

I really hope that the Sequel Trilogy will have it's own amazing, memorable music (as well as certain music pieces we are already familiar with).
    But with John Williams involved, I do not worry.

2. The Wampa Lover

The Wampa Lover Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 6, 2014
    Pretty much all the music makes me have goosebumps, but the music for the credits of "The Wrong Jedi" made me cry (the stringed instruments for that were powerful!).

Darkslayer and Darthmaul208 like this.
  3. Coruscanti Window Cleaner

Coruscanti Window Cleaner Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2015
    'The Death Star/The Stormtroopers'

Especially the bit that plays while the Falcon is approaching and docking into the Death Star.

Don't tell me you have never played that bit back in your head while driving into your garage.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Throne Room Celebration and Yub Nub. It is very nice ending a movie on such a high note.

5. Cyreides

Cyreides Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 19, 2014
    music during order 66. such a sad set of scenes

Darkslayer likes this.
  6. darksideDINO

darksideDINO Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2015
    The moment Luke looks towards the binary sunset...nothing better!

Darth_Pevra and Force Smuggler like this.
  7. smoothkaz

smoothkaz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 25, 2014
    A Jedi's Fury is possibly the most evocative and powerful piece in the saga.

8. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Hmm, so many to pick from, but probably the "strongest" moment for me, soundtrack-wise, is Luke burning Vader's armor then slowly panning up to the fireworks in the atmosphere.

DarthSheev likes this.
  9. darksideDINO

darksideDINO Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2015
    Forgot to mention Luke finding Owen and Beru. The wide shot with the smoke and 'The Williams'... oh my lord!

Sarge likes this.
  10. Jangounchained1990

Jangounchained1990 Jedi Knight star 2

May 31, 2015
    Final duel from ROTJ.

darksideDINO and Obi-John Kenobi like this.
  11. VictoriaSkywalker

VictoriaSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2015
    The Force Theme is my favorite, and if I'm really tired and upset it can make me cry. I always listen to the Victory Celebration after a successful dance competition and the remixes are amazing too ( .
    I also love Across the Stars and the Throne Room!

12. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    One of my favorite Star Wars musical moments that brings chills, is the Theme for when they push frozen in carbonite Han down the hallway to Boba Fett's ship. It is like a Funeral Dirge; very haunting.

darskpine10 likes this.
  13. Codename_Strife's_Shadow

Codename_Strife's_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2015
    I personally favor the Dark Side and Imperials usually, so the Imperial Theme (Don't know/remember the track names, sorry [face_dunno]) is great music for when I'm playing a video game or something like that; great for pumpin' yourself up

My all time favorite however, combined with the scene mind you, is the Obi-wan, Qui-Gon, and Darth Maul fight music. Aside from Darth Maul's death, I love the whole fight and the music lends it a sense of urgency and importance that it so richly deserves, which I may elaborate on elsewhere if you wish to read about my reasoning for the fight's importance.

14. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Imperial March in tragic mode from Attack Of The Clones.

Darkslayer and Alienware like this.
  15. EisWarren

EisWarren Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2015
    Duel of the Fates and the full version of the song played during Qui's funeral which appears in RotS

16. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I'm going to expand on my previous post.

This medley is from the Episode 2 ending and The Clone Wars video game.

17. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    4:15 always gets me. I think, out of all of JW's star wars scores, this gives the greatest scifi/space opera feel.

this is a close second, I love how it builds up and includes the 'imperial attack' countermelody from the opening scene of the film.

number three has to be the intro to the battle sequence on Hoth. 4:01

Revyl Ren likes this.
  18. Prisic Duskleap

Prisic Duskleap Jedi Master star 3

Jul 24, 2014
  19. Revyl Ren

Revyl Ren Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2015
    Can't argue with that. Battle of Hoth is awesome!
    One of my favourite pieces from the entire saga is Princess Leia theme. That composition os just sheer perfection.

I guess Binary Sunset and the Imperial March are all-time favourites for a lot of people here as well.
    As others pointed out already, Rebel Fleet is also a spine-tingler (fond memories of SW:G) as is Luke and Leia. I also love Lapti Nek (Jedi Rocks? YUCK!)
    Honorable mentions go to Burning Homestead and the music that plays during the Jawa/Sandcrawler scenes in ANH.

20. SOLARISENSHI

SOLARISENSHI Jedi Knight star 1

May 20, 2015
    I think we can all agree the Darth Sidious/ Emperor Palpatine's throne room music during Lukes fight with Vader in Return of the Jedi is so eerie and haunting yet very beautiful and definitely suits the fight more than maybe a more upbeat action-based track

21. RainSolo

RainSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2015
    It's gotta be "The Asteroid Chase" for me. Gives me the shivers every time, and its probably one of my favourite tracks from a film score of all time!

22. LeiaBuns

LeiaBuns Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 7, 2015
    ROTJ...when Vader says to Luke that he betrayed his sister. If Luke didn't turn, then maybe she will.

NEVEEEEERRRRRR!

Battle of Endor, part 2

mes520 and Andy Wylde like this.
  23. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015

1:58-2:08. Genius.

mes520 likes this.
  24. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    Across the Stars. The quiet way it begins and ends has an angelic quality that's too gorgeous for words.

mes520 likes this.