main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General Force Friday.... anyone seen anything over here?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Darth Scouser, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Darth Scouser

Darth Scouser Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2014
    So as we all know the big day is fast approaching where we all relive our childhood and splash out wanton amounts of cash on Toys and other spin off merchandise i.e. books and games based around The Force Awakens. We know Disney have announced a midnight madness, they've also said it's a worldwide event, however here in the UK I haven't heard much about it at all. I live in Liverpool and go to Manchester quite regular, two fairly prominent cities and whenever I go to a Toys r Us in both there is no mention of it, no countdown clock, nothing. Same in the likes of Asda and even the Disney stores around the area. So has anyone down south or in the midlands seen or heard anything? I'm sure we'll see something on the day, but I wouldn't hold my breath for Black Series or specific collectors stuff until Forbidden Planet stock it all around October/November knowing how anti-collector our mainstream retailers are here in the UK.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We've got a thread going on Force Friday over in the Collecting forum . I'd be surprised if FP (at least) didn't do something. Maybe not at midnight but the next day. If you hear anything let us know over there.

Darth Scouser likes this.
  3. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Toys R Us Warrington is doing the midnight opening and now has the countdown clock :)

4. Darth Scouser

Darth Scouser Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2014
    Thanks for posting that info! Looks like I'll be heading to Warrington on the 3rd of September :).

5. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    I noticed today that Forbidden Planet Southampton has cleared lots of shelving next to their current SW displays.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My (small) local Entertainer didn't have any notices up but they moved the current SW stuff to an endcap instead of burying it mid-aisle as is normal.

7. Darth Kermit

Darth Kermit Jedi Knight

Oct 22, 2013
  8. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
  9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    For those in the London area, the Forbidden Planet Megastore will have a midnight opening. Details at the link.

10. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
  11. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Smyths was terrible, just two end isles...that was it lol

Checking Toys R Us & the Disney store over at the Metrocentre after work to see what they have.

12. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    I snapped up a Sphero BB8 from M&S (!) - picking it up tomorrow :D

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  13. JMSwallow

JMSwallow Author: SW Insider, SW Fact Files VIP

May 22, 2005
    I was thinking of picking up the TFA Nerf blasters - but I was ticked off to see that a $39.99 toy was being sold in UK stores for £39.99 - a 30% markup is pretty steep.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - the UK gets a lot of that. It's not just SW merchandise either - try PCs, game consoles, etc.

15. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Toys R Us Midnight Madness was fun if under stocked. Between TRU and Argos I managed to complete the first wave of the Black Series figures on the Friday and had a great time chatting with other fans in the build up.

Best purchase has to be the Sphero BB-8! Can't believe how much I love that little droid!