main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion TFA Tickets! / When are you seeing it?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Mr. Crumb, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Mr. Crumb

Mr. Crumb Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 31, 2013
    I know that it's really, REALLY early for this kind of thread, but I am curious when everyone thinks the tickets will be put up for sale by theater chains.

I'm thinking perhaps sometime in November, but you never know...we've seen some crazy things in the past. October release? Perhaps it's not likely, but anything's possible. I know the exact IMAX theater I want to attend for the first showing (with a small group of equally enthusiastic friends), so it's going to be a showdown trying to get tickets before they sell out...I am afraid the release will happen when I am at work or something. I really hope not.

Perhaps this will also be the spot where people eventually start showing off their tickets once they are purchased....just make sure you all black out the bar codes/numbers so no scoundrels some around and take your spot! ;)

B99 likes this.
  2. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Yeah, I've already chosen my theater, and it's pretty small, so I want to make sure I get on the wagon early because they do assigned seating. Of course, I'm also hoping they'll do a marathon beforehand, so I really hope they announce before tickets go on sale.

B99 likes this.
  3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Two months ahead seems pretty standard for big releases.

4. Mr. Crumb

Jul 31, 2013
    Hmmm, then perhaps October isn't out of the question. :D

5. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Probably mid November. I feel it will break every record when it comes to box office results! Can't wait for it!

Now, I am just sooo happy that yesterday they have changed EP VII premiere date here in Poland. Originally we had it set up for 25th December but now they have announced we will see it 18th December!! I am so happy!:D

Pensivia and B99 like this.
  6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I've never pre ordered a ticket.. This will be a major accomplishment for me. :p HAHA

I'm guessing Nov? Once I get it, I will have to put in under lock and key.. I'd be sick if I lost it..
    Luckily there is 3 theaters near me, so if I can't get one, I have 2 others to try. It'll be a shooting gallery.!

Quick question, if u pre order a ticket, does that mean one seat is taken?

7. Mr. Crumb

Jul 31, 2013
    Are we talking about preordering at a theater with reserved seating?

8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Online, I don't (think) mine have reserved seating..

9. Mr. Crumb

Jul 31, 2013
    Gotcha...but yeah, each ticket sold is counted as a seat in the theater until it sells out. I expect the theater I want to attend will sell out extremely fast.

10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    So your guarantied a seat but not an exact seat?

HG Mockingjay Pt1 had a tv spot that said when tickets were on sale. 1 Month before! I'd love if we knew what day u could. But then every person on the planet will wait on a computer to pre order, so maybe its not better...?

11. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm going FULL out, baby!! IMAX 3D!!!

That said, I will probz wait a week or so before I see it, in order to not have to line up an hour in advance for good seats.

And I will REQUIRE the best seats possible for this. :-B

WAIT-that would be Christmas!! Dang it!

-sigh-

Weekend of release then, I guess...cos you know I can't wait longer than a week! :p

12. Chris_Fives

Apr 16, 2015
    Book it in advance.. I feel great disturbance in the Force as if all seats were sold out for 3 weeks since movie's release;)

Pensivia, B99 and DARTH_BELO like this.
  13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'm wondering if I should book the first showing in the morn, or wait till the next showing or even in the afternoon opening day?? I'm guessing later in the day less lines? Everyone would probably go first showing? RIGHT???? This is gonna be crazy!

Forbidden Island and Chris_Fives like this.
  14. Chris_Fives

Apr 16, 2015
    I hope my IMAX will show it on Thursday at midninght! Already planning my Friday 18th off at work:D

DARTH_BELO and B99 like this.
  15. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Does anyone think on opening day, that there will be any open seats to just get your ticket there, no pre ordering at a theater?

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It will be that one horrible section in the very front that nobody ever wants to sit in. You know... the seats they probably would be better off removing altogether.

Forbidden Island, DARTH_BELO and B99 like this.
  17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    neck ache!!!

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I camped out for all the SE's and prequels. It is a very different world now, though. Now, people will pick the exact seats they want while browsing the internet on the toilet.

Darth Sone likes this.
  19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Don't think my theaters have the option to pick a seat, just have to get there EARLY! Hopefully theres no traffic....

20. Chris_Fives

Apr 16, 2015
    Maybe at morning screenings.. but I feel like the anticipation is so huge that booking in advance is the only option!

B99 likes this.
  21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Movie tickets.com is our only hope..

22. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    My toilet doesn't have internet yet :(

Forbidden Island likes this.
  23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6