main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Man, you have been out of the loop. :p

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Oh, have we already talked about this? I saw it months ago but only thought to post it here now.

3. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    Scottish Christ?

I approve. As long as he rolls his R's.

4. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    "Shom things in here don't react well to Rhomans"

Vthuil, Gorefiend and Gamiel like this.
  5. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Apropos of this thread, I just had a cool random thought--what if Hu and Yang are numbers in some ancient language and Huyang actually does have a regular droid name after all?

6. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I'm really fascinated by Huyang. I want more Huyang. (I want Huyang to be an Iron Knight.)

7. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Grr. I had budgeted for a bunch of FFG stuff, then W had to come out with some awesome new Tau kits and new codex :(
    Witcher 3 is half downloaded. Hope I can play it by the end of the week.

8. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Wait a New Tau Codex!? Any new Kroot? :D

Gamiel likes this.
  9. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    None seen. New Lord of War suit, new medium/heavy suit, new fire warriors, new crisis suits.
    Pics of the leak

I'm hoping Kroot get pulled out of the Tau book and get their own mini-dex like Harlequins did.

Abadacus, Darth_Garak and Gorefiend like this.
  10. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    I would love for them to get something like their old Merc List back.

Abadacus, Gamiel and Iron_lord like this.
  11. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Who would have known, but after all the "hail hydra" whispering memes the actual scene in the movie was actually not a twist. At that point in the movie Hydra wasn't a secret anymore and it was the characters' first big scene in the movie, so... most underwhelming twist since "I am your father" was after watching RotJ first.

12. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Of course it is still a rather awesome movie, given that it is a 70es political thriller mixed with a comic and a Sci-Fi movie. ;)

GrimdarkRose likes this.
  13. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Yes it is, but seeing as we are a forum of nitpickers I had to mention the one negative thing I could say about it, which was more of Internet's fault anyway.
    So I'm still waiting for the Hulk movie and Avengers 1 to show up on Netflix and I'm up-to-date on the phases 1 and 2 of the Marvel films. Then I can be all "I understood that reference".

GrimdarkRose likes this.
  14. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Not a Tau fan exactly (as an IG player, Tau are only ones to give me pains when it comes to shooting) but those look pretty awesome. The local Tau armies are going to get bigger. Btw have you seen the minis from Raging Heroes' Kickstarter? The Toughest Girls in the Galaxy, awesome looking minis (and they finally finished shipping all the kickstarter orders and the entire range will be available on their site over the coming months) - mine got here two weeks ago and they are superb. I've added them to the Guard.

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What would you like to see?

Personally I would like to see knarloc and great knarloc riders, some new special units (snipers, close combat experts, units that are equipped with lots of tau tech, etc), kroot versions of terradons for air cavalry, etc.

Gorefiend likes this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  17. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Tags if you wanna imagedump, plz. Ta.

The Loyal Imperial likes this.
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Four pics count as a imagedump?

19. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Anything that requires me to scroll two whole pages before I get to the next post does, yes.

And please do remember that when a post of yours is mod-edited, that is the final edit permitted. (Though you can of course ask to make a change)

Though I'll let your amendment slide this time because, whatever, social thread.

Point Given likes this.
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Are we talking about smartphones here? I only use computers so I am not familiar with that kind of things.

Did not know that, thought I could do my usual "one pic above the spoiler to show what is below" thing.

Thanks.

21. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Some more Veteran units with a better base stat line, different evolution traits and exotic equipment options would also be great, similar to those Ogre Maneaters from back when Fantasy was still a thing.

Abadacus and Gamiel like this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [​IMG]
    https://warosu.org/tg/thread/28562761
    What regiment are you playing?
    No. *goes and take a look*
    Look nice, even if you could complain that they, like most miniatures of females are a bit big breasted.
    What figures did you get?

23. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Homemade Remnant regiment. This way I can add whatever looks cool/ catches my eye (I got Cadians, Catachens, Steel Legion, Karsrkin, Scions, Stormtroopers from DreamForge) + some skitarii because I love the AdMech, a Knight because it looks cool and various Space Marines (Ultras, Dark Angels, Raven Guard, Raptors) that I mostly got from friends who either didn't want them or gave them to me in trade. So yeah, the whole thing looks like the survivors of various forces, preparing for a last stand or something.

I can get that complaint, and the chest plate definitely betrayers the gender, but at least they look awesome and most of them are armored properly (I think only the jailbirds have little to no armor). Aside from the heroes, you can also assemble them as you want so that's a bonus. Plus it's pretty hard to find female models for IG that don't look crappy. Infinity also has good models generally but I'm not about to combine my Infinity models with my 40k ones. In case you're wandering, I play Haqqislam in Infinity (got a Ghulam pack and a Hassassin starter box so far).

I've got:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the 3 of the wereshewolves. Might be considered somewhat NSFW so I'm just going to do it like this. Yeah, no way you're going to wonder about the gender. That aside, those are some of the best werewolf minis I've seen. If it breaks board rules in any way let me know and I'll remove the links.

There are more I want to get but the next thing I'm getting (when they got it all up for general sale) are some Iron Empire troops:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gamiel likes this.
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I blame Vostroyan genetics that give moustaches to both genders. :p

Darth_Garak and Gorefiend like this.
  25. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I'm in a remarkably good mood tonight. Why? Because I just saw the stage production of Spamalot.

I guess I'm looking on the bright side of life, now.