main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Jessica Jones

Discussion in 'Community' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 16, 2015.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I figure we have enough info for a separate thread for Jessica Jones. I for one think it's shaping up to be yet another high-quality entry in the Marvel Netlixematic Universe.

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Calm your skin and look at these new AKA pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    I like my superheroes and my supervillains to wear tatty scarves. Good job, Netflix!

Abadacus, Rew and Diggy like this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    At a quick glance, I thought it was Charlie Sheen.

5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm pretty pumped for this show, love the cast and I am especially excited to see David Tennant as a villain. I have seen a lot of people complaining that the Purple Man isn't...well, purple. I think it's probably a good move not going that direction though, it certainly doesn't have me as pissed off as it seems to have a lot of other people.

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    They need to calm down anyway. Daredevil didn't wear red until near the end, so who knows what might happen.

7. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    he'll probably glow purple when using his powers or something

8. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    It would make sense for him to disguise his condition with make-up. Not saying I know that's the direction they've taken, but it's a possibility.

9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The rage though...

Why is he called 'The Purple Man'?

HAVE YOU SEEN THE SCARF!!!

10. Hogarth Wrightson

Jul 2, 2015
    ONE SIDE IS CLEARLY PURPLE AND HE ALSO HAS PURPLE GREEBLIES IN HIS TIE!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    LOL... people are complaining about Purple Man with not so much Purple? :oops::rolleyes:

Oh silly internet. It's David Tennant, I'm sure he'll more than make up for the lack of his namesake hue in his looks.

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

[​IMG]

Oh, yeah, I totally see it.

13. Hogarth Wrightson

Jul 2, 2015
    "I'm not saying it was Daleks, but... IT WAS DALEKS."

Juliet316, BigAl6ft6 and TX-20 like this.
  14. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Perhaps he only becomes purple when he uses his powers? Or his powers have the "side-effect" or making him look purple? Or he becomes purple over the course of the show? Or he's already purple and is using his mind-powers to make people see him as "normal?" And so on and so forth.

The point is, we don't know near enough yet to make any concrete judgments.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    So when does this start?

Juliet316 and Abadacus like this.
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

NOT SOON ENOUGH!!!

17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Okay, not enough freaking out over Krysten Ritter. She's always really good and, well, beautiful. I hope this works out for her. Though she certainly seems unhappy in those pictures!

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Jessica Jones is, at the start, a thoroughly unhappy character from what I remember...

19. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Thanks to that picture of David Tennant, Mrs. Inty is now officially more excited than I am for this series to hit Netflix. Which is really saying something.

And, of course, it has to hit Netflix on an incredibly busy (for us) weekend.

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    November 20. Which mean I'll binge watch this series over the Thanksgiving weekend.

I'm not at all familiar with Jessica Jones. So the other day I did some quick searches and came across this:

[​IMG]

Looks like some crazy stuff is going down in the series. I hope it's done in the same graphic and mature tone as Daredevil.

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    This is my concern: JoinTheSchwarz can probably give a more accurate take, but my understanding is that this is the extent of any sexual interaction between Jessica and The Purple Man; there's no sexual assault, or rape, or anything that resembles touching -- it's just a complete mental domination and degradation vs. a more active sexual relationship.

It's no less horrible, but it does alter the take somewhat if they go the full rape/assault route.

22. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah, Purple Man didn't touch one hair of Jessica's head, but he made her watch while he abused tens of women, for example. Had her enslaved and conscious of what was going on for months. Try to imagine not having your body obey your commands, but some other guy's, for months. Bendis wasn't interested in using rape as a cheap device, but in exploring how creepy and devastating to the victim the old "mind controller" comic book archetype would actually be.

Healer_Leona , BigAl6ft6 and dp4m like this.
  23. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    A lot of people are going to be so shocked when they see lovable David Tennant playing such a vile character. It's going to be great. "He evil, he's disgusting, he's vile, but but it's David Tennant. Oh I'm so confused right now."

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The Jessica v Purple Man backstory, that's basically the crux of the series and I skimmed at the episode titles and it's totally going to be that.

I get the feeling this'll skew in the general arc a tad closer to the original comic source. Daredevil sort of cribbed from all over the place, and certainly nailed the tone, but you can't really say that's an "adaptation" of a specific arc. Alias is only 18 issues or so, I'd figure there's your season 1 right there.

Anyway, I love this shot of Kirsten Ritter as Jessica

[​IMG]

Rew likes this.
  25. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    This show has my attention. Mainly as i'm enjoying Netflix' Daredevil and i'm a Doctor Who fan. Who is Jessica Jones - a detective with Super Powers? I take it she isn't a costumed hero like Daredevil...

Those shots look very good.

If i'm a fan of Batman, Daredevil, and Sherlock could this show be for me?

Hogarth Wrightson likes this.