main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Force Awakens Premiere - Regal Continental 10, Friday Dec 18

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Sep 10, 2015.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Had a conversation with the General Manager today.

Here is what we know.

He said we can DEFINITELY do something. That being said he has NO information about if there will be a marathon, a Thursday night showing or anything. Disney has been quiet on that front so far.

He has already informed the folks in charge, that he wants to do this and that the RMFF has done this before and that we will be working with a local charity.

That is all I have at this point. He & I will keep in touch and when he knows something I will know something.

Thought I would start a thread so we can discuss.

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Thank you for this!

nnaydolem likes this.
  3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Are we thinking of having a table? Something similar to what we do at DCC and have done in the past at Starfest?

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Is it in the meeting notes from last month?

5. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Good work! Really hoping it's a Thursday night showing and we can have a table.

nnaydolem likes this.
  6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

We didn't have any information on it last month as nnaydolem was still trying to get in touch with the manager to continue the conversation. She has been trying since at least July or so to see what we can do in partnership with Continental.

7. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Brad's been elusive! he apologized profusely! He was on vacation and some things at the theater. BUT he is on board and is really happy to have us included as well.

8. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    What I mean is I thought we talked about things to do at the event, assuming it happens. Didn't we discuss specifics like charity stuff and activities we want to have?

-- Sent from my R2 unit

9. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Disney has not released the official premier event schedule yet (which theaters, when, etc). Please be aware those theaters will be for approved canon costumes only. If this theater is not on the Disney list then go for it. But I would wait until the official list is out. If this manager wants on that list he'll have to contact Disney directly.

10. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Per our previous discussions, even if it does become one of the theaters on the list, it doesn't mean the RMFF can't run an event there. It just means we can't "provide costumed characters" such as the 501st and RL folks can.

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ^^^^ what he said ;)

12. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    And apparently he doesn't want on that list anyway, since he wants to work with RMFF specifically.

It's a big sandbox. 501st and RL may get the biggest, flashiest chunk, but they don't get it all.

13. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Working on a few things for our upcoming event. First general question...would we like to do a raffle? Good source of monetary donations. Also, I am confirming with the theater, SITH__CHICK had a great idea of setting up the green screen for donations.

I am thinking the $$ route as it easier and my employer will match monetary donation, hence doubling whatever we can raise for Urban Peaks. I also think that IF, big if, we can get some backgrounds for TFA that would be a big hit.

thoughts?

14. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
  15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Raffles good.

16. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Waffles good too.

17. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Bah! Pancakes over waffles any day. Even space waffles...

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i have been reaching out to folks for couple of things, so should stick with Urban Peak.

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    As long as I put in a monetary receipt, my employer will match that:

Eligible donors
    All full-time and part-time associates with at least six months of service and all internal/external Board Members are eligible for the Matching Gift Program.
    Eligible organizations
    • 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organizations, excluding religious organizations
    • Accredited primary and secondary schools
    • Accredited two-year or four-year, public or private colleges, universities, graduate or professional schools
    Recipient institution must be located in the United States or one of its possessions, and must be recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as tax-exempt and designated a public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code or as an instrumentality of a state or local government as provided by 170(c)(1) of the Code.
    Contribution limits
    The minimum donation is $100 to qualify for the program.

20. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    BIG updates coming on the meeting Saturday! be sure to be there...

pagil m'gar likes this.
  21. ladyblues

ladyblues Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2013
    I hate to ask, but can we get an update here on what's happening with this event?

I feel really bad asking and about not being able to make the meetings. My official emissary has been working weekends for the last three mtgs. We'll have to do something about that.

22. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    this morning Star Wars announced ticket sale tomorrow, but we don't know what time. I chatted with the GM of the RPX and it looks like they do not have the marathon. IT does look like that the Hawkins has the marathon...which is a really nice screen, but not as nice. :( so i have chatted with JT and i think at this point, as a group we can do the marathon at the hawkins (UNLESS brad can get the marathon at the regal...but at this point, he thinks this is coming down from Disney and it out of his hands, BUT he is trying) than we will have our event on the 18th as planned. SOOOOOOOOO i am online most of the day...as soon as i know ANYTHING i will post it here or PM the folks that are decision makers on FB.

Brad said he understood and is ok with this decision BTW...so he will LMK as soon as he knows something.

thoughts?????

23. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    A tease for the trailer coming during Monday Night Football 10/19: https://twitter.com/DisneyStudiosCA/status/655806407648800768

So, to clarify a bit on what nnaydolem said above, we'll be at the Regal Cinemas Continental theater near I-25 and Hampden for our group event. We'll have a table, green screen (I believe), and other usual table stuff, in addition to some special guests we're working on. The showing will be that Friday night, December 18.

For the probable Thursday night showings of TFA, there is the option of a marathon of all 6 movies before a (probable) 7 pm showing. In the Denver Metro area, StarWars.com has posted two theaters doing this: the Harkins Northfield 18 and Westminster Promenade 24. TPM would more than likely start at 3 am or some such nonsense/hard coreness.

Announcement about theaters' plans, marathon showings, and the new poster: http://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...ter-first-look-in-theater-exclusives-and-more

FanForced and I are considering going to this, but we would only show up when A New Hope starts and go through to when TFA starts (probably) at 7 PM.

Does that help ladyblues and others? So, thoughts on the Friday night event and Thursday night?

24. ladyblues

Apr 18, 2013
    Cool, thanks!

Am I correct in understanding we are (a) planning to do the event at the Continental, then go to a Friday night showing together, but (b) we don't know what showtime because show times have not been announced and (c) that is a decision being made tomorrow once tickets go on sale?

25. ladyblues

Apr 18, 2013
    Is Fandango the way kids buy tickets these days? I still go to the box office, but something tells me online will be the only way to get opening night tix to TFA before they sell out. Does anyone have predictions on the best way to snag seats in the Harkins Northfield 18 marathon (including TFA)? Fandango?