main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Rogue One - First Anthology Film

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by TCF-1138 , Mar 12, 2015.

1. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    To me it evokes images of a "story" that was told in an infamous holiday special.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    They may have added that "SW story" part to the end of this movie's full title (which I don't mind, by the way), but they didn't drop the Anthology name as a category. The spin-offs are all still officially in the "Anthology Series".

True Sith and PymParticles like this.
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Do we know this for certain?

Not that it really matters, as long as the movies are good - but I do prefer Anthology. "A Star Wars Story" sounds like something that would've been printed on the first edition of Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    http://www.starwars.com/news/category/star-wars-anthology-series

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  5. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Still, Anthology definitely sounded better as part of the title, but whatever. Not something worth getting really worked up over.

6. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    "Star Wars - Anthologies: Rogue One - A Star Wars Story." o_O
    Yeah, I am wondering how they're going to approach it going forward. It does kind of seem redundant if they are keeping the "Star Wars Anthologies" title. Otherwise it could just be a way of classifying it seperately from the saga-kind of how we don't reference the word "saga" in the series of episodes. :confused:

7. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    There is no need to say, "A Star Wars Story". All that needs to be there is "Star Wars". People will understand. Having "A Star Wars Story" makes it feel like they are talking down to me like I am a child, and the film is specifically for children.

8. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    [​IMG]

Has anyone notice that Donnie Yen's character may be blind? That intrigues me...

Just saw this discussion on another thread, my apologies

9. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    I didn't mind the "A Star Wars Story" IMO it sounds better than "Anthology"

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yup, first thing that struck me, second only to "Holy Hell, that's Donnie Yen!".
    I had sort of hoped that there would be no lightsabers in R1, but casting Donnie Yen in Star Wars, and not have him fight with a lightsaber seems like a waste to me. General Kota for the new continuity?

Poor Greedo likes this.
  11. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Technically a double post, but since my last post was on October 1, I'd say it's a bit late to edit.

I was thinking about the trailer for R1. Seeing as how we're a little over a year away from the release (Dec 16 according to IMDb), and we got the first trailer for TFA over a year ago, it isn't unreasonable to expect a first teaser to show up soon.
    Do you think we'll get one with TFA? I'm thinking it's a possibility that we'll get a R1 teaser after the credits. (Thinking about it, I might have pitched that idea earlier in this thread. Anyway.)

What do you guys think? Teaser for R1 with TFA? Or will they wait?
    I, for one, hope they don't wait (duh!)! I'm incredibly curious about how R1 will look. I'm looking forward to seeing hints of the cinematography (I'm a cinematography nut) and design, not to mention the action scenes. It would be great to get a teaser after the credits, so as soon as we've seen the new film, the hype can start for the next one!

What an age to be a Star Wars fan :D

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Hmm, I want it too but there's a few things that makes me think we won't see a trailer for Rogue One for a little while longer.

First, Abrams confirmed that there won't be a mid-creidts or post-credits trailer attached to Force Awakens.

Second, there's this:

[​IMG]

Third, my hunch is that the marketing strategy will be to completely focus on TFA until it has reached its place in the box office rankings. There may be a concern that a trailer at this point would detract from promoting TFA.

13. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, those are obviously good points! Though I have heard reports of at least one other trailer that is supposed to be attached to TFA that isn't in that picture: Star Trek Beyond. Of course, that might not be true.

You're probably right ( :( ), but I'll keep hoping until I know for sure otherwise!

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    count me as officially surprised no Rogue One with TFA, I mean let's assume this movie makes a gillion dollars or whatever, it'd seem smart business to attach it to TFA. Of course, this could STILL be tied into the "don't bump heads with Paramount's Rogue Nation" deal Lucasfilm had, maybe Rogue One silence (aside from Celebration) until 2016?

....heh, maybe around 4 weeks into TFA's run they'll be a "see it again!" campaign with a Rogue One post-credits attachment.

15. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I think it's all about promoting TFA now. I don't expect to see much Rogue One promo stuff until SDCC.

16. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    I think they may want to hold off pumping Rogue One until week three or four of TFA. Either before or after the movie as BigAl6ft6 says.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Kinda surprised we haven't seen anything about this film and it's less than a year out...at least a teaser? And don't tell me whatever that was at Celebration was a teaser.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  18. Sir2lazyThe2nd

Sir2lazyThe2nd Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 13, 2015
    I think a teaser or at least footage is going to come out around Star Wars Celebration

19. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Do they wait until May for the debut of Captain America?