main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Bloodline by Claudia Gray (book spoilers permitted)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheyMightBeGeeks, Oct 10, 2015.

1. TheyMightBeGeeks

TheyMightBeGeeks Jedi Padawan star 2

Jul 23, 2015
    New Republic: Bloodline is the title of the Mar. 29, 2016 Del Rey novel and will be written by Claudia Gray who wrote the YA book "Lost Stars" that was release on Force Friday.

[​IMG]

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I imagine a lot of folks will be thrilled we're getting another Claudia Gray book. I'd be one of them.

bizzbizz and Commander Wolffe like this.
  3. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Wait, so this isn't a YA novel? (Not that I imagine it'll make much of a difference content-wise).

Jedi Ben likes this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    On some ships, the cheers went on for hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Kind of hope it is a follow up on Lost Stars.

6. Qel

Qel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2007
    Brilliant news, hope it features Ciena and Thane again.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It looks like it's one of the two Del Rey novels they're supposed to announce (based on the "cover not final" familiarity), which means it's an adult novel this time around.

8. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Wow. Didn't think we would get a continuation of Thane and Ciena's story this soon. Now doesn't mean 100% that they will be a part of it but chances are probably very very good.

9. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Very good. At the end of her last book, the Empire was together again . I look forward to the follow up on that development.

10. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Just out of curiosity how long does it usually take authors to write these books? Lost Stars has only been out for about a month now and assuming Gray didn't have any idea about if the story was going to be contiued (also assuming that this book will have some of the same characters that Lost Stars did). Is six months generally more than enough time that authors need to write a novel?

11. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...I feel sort of obligated to point out that you rated Lost Stars 4 out of 10 stars.

(Granted, many - though not all - of the things I personally disliked about it would likely be fixed by a New Republic setting).

CooperTFN likes this.
  12. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

Seems like Gorefiend has rated everything from the new canon poorly. Wonder if he is being honest with his reviews?

13. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Yeah but then I read Aftermath and I really felt Lost Stars was way better then it and the more I thought about Lost Stars the more I liked it and the less I had problems with the problems it has. New score would be more 7ish

I loved A New Dawn, really like the Lando and Kanan Comics and Rebels. The rest I felt was just not great (except the Young Reader books, which have all been very good)

14. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002

She surely finished Lost Stars well before the release date and and almost as surely been working on this book prior to Lost Star's release.

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, I'm fairly certain it's a continuation of the new strategy where they wait before telling book X exists until it's at a certain stage of completion.

CooperTFN likes this.
  16. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    This is exciting news. Lost Stars was a strong debut, and I'm looking forward to Ms. Gray delivering another excellent story.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This should be great!

Just a little sad that both the books are from post ROTJ.

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    We have three decades to fill. I'd be annoyed if we didn't have a focus here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am fine with focus in the era. But Idont want all the books this year to take place there

20. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Yeah, was hoping for another book set during the PT, maybe between I and II. I think Dark Disciple is the best new SW book out.

Or do a novel about Kylo Ren. Unless they are saving his whole story, backstory and all, for the film's.

21. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    It depends on how many Trapper Keepers they have to use.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Anyway do we now if this is a sequel of sorts to Lost stars?

23. Qel

Qel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2007
    Personally I'm kind of relieved just to see books being announced that aren't set in and around Episode VII as I feared once the movie was out we'd be getting nothing but that era for quite a while.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I mean I would rather have in between era then around episode 7 for now but i still like some diversity.

25. CommanderL

CommanderL Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2015
    I hope we at the very least get mentions to lost stars charcters