main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Count Dooku,Sith Lord or freedom fighter?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by mihaitzateo, Oct 17, 2015.

1. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    Sith Lord, and evil.

He did not care about "freedom", his goal was the same one as Sidious, to enslave the galaxy under Sith Rule.

AshiusX, jakobitis89, Davak24 and 3 others like this.
  2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    dooku became a sith for what he felt were good reasons but evil is evil.

jakobitis89 likes this.
  3. PHIERY

PHIERY Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    Dooku was both. Dooku was a Sith Lord, thus making him a freedom fighter.
    Dooku was perhaps the most intelligent Jedi to have ever lived. In order for Dooku to leave the Jedi Order and become a Sith, he must have witnessed the attrocities and the Evil that the Jedi had committed.
    He left the Jedi order and joined the Sith to fight for freedom in the galaxy.

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes, obviously.
    But even the TCW version of Dooku only has the Sith Eyes at certain times, just like pre-suit Vader only had the Sith Eyes at certain times - so there's not contradiction with the movies or other media.
    My point is, that Dooku has the yellow eyes, just like other Sith we've seen. Whether it's the TCW model or not doesn't really matter - the events and the characterization is still canon.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Iron_lord like this.
  5. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Well I never seen Dooku with Sith eyes.
    What I see is that most of the time,Dooku is using Light side abilities.
    In my theory,he is just a Jedi which also uses Dark side abilities.
    He will never be a good Sith,because he lack egotism and self love.
    Without egotism and self love,he is not angered when he can not overcome someone.
    neither he hates someone,when that one wants to kill him.
    See how serene is Dooku when Anakin kills him,he does not beg for mercy,neither his face
    shows hatred or angered towards Anakin.
    He dies as a true Jedi.
    He dies a Jedi Master,not a Sith Lord.

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    What? He had a look of being betrayed, and of fear.

And he has the yellow eyes. Am I the only one seeing it?

7. mihaitzateo

Oct 5, 2015
    Can you give an example,where Count Dooku has yellow eyes?
    I never seen these,I must have missed it.
    Anakin have clearly glowing sith yellow eyes,after killing rebels on Mustafar systems.

8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yellow-orange : here:

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  9. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
  10. mihaitzateo

Oct 5, 2015
    Well ok,but Count Dooku never has Sith Eyes in the Prequel Trilogy.

11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    That's far from the only moment where Dooku's eyes seem borderline copper-orange in the TCW series.

TigerCraneFist and Dinos4Ever like this.
  12. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Sith lightning, starting a war for a Sith Lord, and generally aligning yourself with the Sith are not exactly Jedi attributes.

13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It's not like we get really close looks at his face the way we do Anakin's and Palpatine's.

14. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    In the movies, only Anakin has some kind of inconsistency, one time he seemed with yellow sith eyes, then he has never seen with it. As for Dooku, we never see him using yellow eyes to be honest.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

whostheBossk and mihaitzateo like this.
  15. mihaitzateo

Oct 5, 2015
    Well,what kind of Sith Lord is Count Dooku,
    when most times,when he fights with the light saber,he
    is using the light side?

16. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    He does? Based on what?

17. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    Who says lightsaber skills are light side in the first place? I would personally consider them to be closer to the Dark Side, as the usage of a lightsaber is inherently violent, contradictory to the Jedi's code of peace and serenity.

whostheBossk likes this.
  18. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    He was both, but a freedom fighter first. I never really liked how TCW presented him and the Seperatist. It doesn't really match up with what was presented in the movies in my opinion. Yes he was a Sith Lord, but he had noble intentions. His goals were to create a better government, not be an evil dictator. Joining the Sith was a means to an end. He may have been corrupted to a point, but I don't think he ever lose his noble intentions. In TCW though he might as well have been Stalin and the Seperatists Communist Russia.

He started the movement because he was tired of the corruption, and felt the Republic was ineffective at stopping atrocities. He gets people on board with this, then turns around and creates a government that is even more corrupt and commits atrocities? Yeah, I don't buy that the government he set up would continue to support his actions and the actions of their army if they acted the way TCW portrayed them. I also do not buy that Dooku would have been able to keep those actions hidden from that government.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and mihaitzateo like this.
  19. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Sword skills and violence are inherently neutral. They can be used for aggression or defense. Ideally a Jedi would only ever use his fighting abilities for defensive purposes.

whostheBossk likes this.
  20. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    Violence is violence, whether it is for defense or aggression. To use a lightsaber either offensively or defensively against an opponent requires some aggression to a degree.

21. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Yeah, AOTC made it pretty obvious that he was in on Sidious' entire plan to take over. The argument that he was a 'freedom fighter' and still basically a decent guy is a little ridiculous.

jakobitis89 and Iron_lord like this.
  22. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Really ? I don't see any difference to be honest.

---5:20---

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    He may have started out with good intentions, but along the way he got corrupted into thinking elimination of any and all opponents (i.e. swiping the board clean) was the best way to start fresh. Democracies are messy by definition, with a lot of compromise, some winners and some losers, and it doesn't always work to the betterment of all its citizens.

Neither does any other form of government.

But if you eliminate those who disagree in part or in whole and impose silence through intimidation on any others who may even have another thought - it's downright bad.

Edited to correct a word above.

24. mihaitzateo

Oct 5, 2015
    Well I think that best answer to this question could be given by Lucas,
    if he wants to give the answer.
    Because I guess that George Lucas likes to let some things to not be so clear.
    Someone put here a picture from that Star wars cartoon movie,which from what
    I understand is made under closely Lucas supervision.
    Maybe Lucas even changed his mind,about Dooku,since in that cartoon movie,
    is clear Dooku have sith eyes,sometimes.

25. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011

It doesn't matter what your intentions are when you start out. Eventually you get so wrapped up in the solipsistic philosophy of the dark side that you start to care about nothing except gaining more power for yourself. It's exactly what happened to Anakin. He started out kind of legitimately agreeing with Sidious's "benevolent" dictatorial vision for the galaxy. But by the time Padme confronts him on Mustafar, he's gone out of his mind with lust for power. He wants to be the dictator now, even though when Padme asked him three years before in the meadow, Anakin told her in no uncertain terms that he was not the wise leader the galaxy needed.

I think Dooku really was a political idealist in the beginning. But I don't think that was his real motivation by the end.