main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Trailer 3 is here!

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Chris_Fives, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    I love everything about it!!!=D=^:)^[face_nail_biting]

What you guys think?

Binary Sunset, EHT and Skellybobs like this.
  2. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    One word: FANTASTIC!

Can't wait to the premier!!!

3. Skellybobs

Skellybobs Jedi Knight

Sep 15, 2013
    I really like the close up shots of Kylo Renn, he has that brooding look that Vader had. I think he's going to be the most interesting character in the movie.

Less than two months now!

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I love...
    -That Han seems to be the one telling the stories of the Jedi. This shows how much he's changed since his reluctance to believe in the Force in ANH.
    -That we don't see much of Leia. Let's leave that for the film!
    -That we don't see anything (except that one shot we saw in teaser 2) of Luke. The reveal in the film will be epic!
    -That it didn't give away too much of the plot (not much that we didn't already know actually)!
    -The cinematography. My goodness! Whether or not the film will be good is yet to be seen, but we can be certain it will be beautiful!
    -Kylo Ren. He looks great, sounds great, and I'm sure he'll be awesome!
    -The lens flares. I'm sure the JJ haters are going nuts now, but I think it looked great!
    -That Harrison Ford seems to care more about this role than he's cared for any role in decades.
    -That we didn't see anything from any lightsaber duels (except what appears to be the start of one). I want the style of the duel(s) to be a surprise!
    -That Star Wars is back!

Hernalt, smoothkaz, dolphin and 4 others like this.
  5. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    I agree! It is a perfect trailer! Building up the hype and yet not show anything too spoilerish! Love it!

6. dva3842

dva3842 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 2, 2008
    Great trailer. Love how the generic trailer music segued into ESB "han and leia", "the force", and lastly the original "sw/luke" theme.

Unfortunately, I got too excited and read too much of the youtube comments where some nincompoops posted spoilerish text in caps.

DBPirate and TigerCraneFist like this.
  7. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    Oh yeah, I agree, looks really good. I also like the dialogue in the trailer, which has a different, more polished "feel" that the prior Star Wars films headed by George Lucas. I get the feeling that "rebel scum" and the other awkward but yet legendary quotes may not appear in this particular film. I don't think it is a negative to the film itself, but just an observation.

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Indeed, the music was lovely!

D'oh!
    Sweden's largest newspaper had a headline that was extremley spoiler-ish today as well! [face_plain]

I think the dialogue in the trailer was awesome, but I sure hope for some cheesy lines in the new movies. That's an important part of Star Wars to me!

Han: "It's true. All of it. The Dark Side. The Jedi... they're real!"
    Wonderful, wonderful line!

9. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Sorry for the double post - too late to edit.
    I noticed something in the trailer that I thought was quite interesting:

[​IMG]

Look familiar? :boba:

Probably just an easter egg - I doubt it has anything to do with the plot or anything.

Sarge and Skellybobs like this.
  10. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Perhaps those are flags of planets that are part of the Resistance? Or you're right, it could just be an easter egg...pretty cool either way

LOVED the new trailer, so many good things in there and so many questions! I think my favorite parts from the trailer are
    Leia hugging Han...something I never thought I would see again in a new film, and the end with Kylo Ren and Finn about to throw down!

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Is everybody well behaved in here, so far?
    [​IMG]

It would be unfortunate if I had to leave a garrison here.

12. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    As I have kept myself completely spoiler free this is PURE SPECULATION -- the one thing that keeps flitting through my mind since seeing this trailer is... has Luke gone into hiding?

Perhaps he has not decided to fast forward since RotJ in rebuilding the Jedi as he didn't 100% know the story of what all happened with Anakin and the Fall of the Old Republic... and that temple like structure with all the flags is Luke's home?

This "Awakening" of the Force and rise of Kylo Ren is what will finally bring Luke [and reestablish the need for the Jedi] back into the GFFA at large... and that's what the ST will be overall about?

Aeneas 1138 and Bail B. Baobab like this.
  13. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001
    Nice find! Holy smokes -- well done.
    I have a funny feeling the Mandalorians will be a factor in much of SW going forward. But if that is Han in front... he'd have to have a lot of guts showing his face there...

Darkslayer and Skellybobs like this.
  14. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    I think I'm going over to the dark side as some of my fears are coming true based on the trailer :mad:

I won't start the bashing here as there's probably already plenty on the forum, elsewhere...

I have a bad feeling about this.

15. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    I was in two minds about watching this. I avoided the full trailer for ROTS and was glad I did, but I decided just now that I know so little about this film that I need something to get my mind racing for the next 2 months.

It is a pretty good trailer. The danger is that it sets an expectation now about the tone and pacing of the film, I really hope it is representative. If not then I'd have preferred to have not watched this trailer.

16. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Ok, as someone who is trying to avoid any kind of spoilers possible, has only seen the teasers, and knows absolutely nothing else should I avoid watching the trailer?

17. Darth Kermit

Darth Kermit Jedi Knight

Oct 22, 2013
    I was in your shoes before watching the trailer. There are no spoilers in the trailer apart from what has already been seen in previous teasers and the poster IMO. I watched it and I'm not disappointed that I did, but it hasn't excited me as much as it has for some people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  18. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Before the trailer came out yesterday I was pretty excited to watch it. Then I saw the poster and it tempered my excitement, and started to wonder if this is really going to be all that good.

I saw the trailer and if anything I'm more concerned that it may be more TPM than ESB or more re-boot than continuation.

I could point out at length what gets me concerned but I starting to think I will need to lower my expectations and just try to take it in with a corellian cruiser full of salt

Darth Kermit likes this.
  19. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    It does look a bit similar to ANH, but not enough to make me worried. I think it looks like its own movie, and like a continuation of the saga.

However, having low expectations is probably just a good thing. My expectations are probably a little too high right now - but I'll try to go into the theatre with realistic expectations.

20. Aeneas 1138

Aeneas 1138 Jedi Knight star 1

May 1, 2014
    Having seen the poster and the trailer and having bought my ticket, I sense the faint beginnings of an excitement I have not felt since 2005.

Now, then, it may be overzealous to slap a spoiler tag on this, but ....

What strikes me most about the trailer and the poster is that Luke is completely absent from both. This disturbs me greatly because it suggests that Luke may have been killed. We know he appears in the film, but, for all I know, it is as a Force Ghost. I much prefer @episodenone's suggestion that Luke has instead gone into hiding. Either way, from what Han said, it seems like the events of the OT have passed into legend.

Also either way, it seems inescapable that Luke (or anyone) has not rebuilt the Jedi Order, even after all this time. This also unsettles me. Indeed, I wonder whether the entire ST is going to be about rebuilding the Jedi Order. However, that should have been one of the Rebel Alliance's first priorities. I cannot remember exactly how long after ROTJ the Jedi Academy series was set in the old EU, but I am sure it did not take this long. The Jedi have been absent from the Galaxy for far too long.

If I may say so, I find the lack of Jedi disturbing.

21. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005

If you could point out at length what gets you concerned over a 2 minute trailer, maybe you're looking a bit too hard for things to complain about, IMO.

I thought it was great. The cinematography looks beautiful...so many stunning shots in a short amount of time. The camera following the X-Wing destroying the TIE Fighter was jaw dropping. There's been nothing like that in a SW movie that I can recall. It is so awesome to see battles in so many different environments too.

There was so much emotion...wonder, fear, anger, agony...

Yet, it didn't reveal much of the plot as to keep us in suspense as to what will happen in the next chapter of this epic story.

22. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    The bolded part is my biggest fear concerning the movie, actually. I would hate it if that was case!

Luke needs a big, very alive, role in the ST if you ask me!

23. episodenone

Jun 13, 2001
    I think your fears over your perceived lack of Luke in the movie will prove completely unfounded. They brought him back. They brought them all back. They know what they are doing.
    Oh - and this is a trilogy - for all we know they have 3 more movies in them -- not just this one.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If you are OK with knowing actors cast in the film, this will not be a spoiler:
    This is all I will say on the matter: I know all the rumors/confirmations... and the ONLY character from the OT I cared to see again is Luke. And, I promise I am not disappointed by what I have read and seen confirmed.

The Bops, PymParticles , EHT and 2 others like this.
  25. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    This actually made me a lot less worried, thanks!