main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LAJ_Fett's Question and Answer Thread V. 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Nov 18, 2003.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    No probs! :) Let us know how you do with the guides..

2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Hello. I have a friend who is thinking of selling his collection off. He asked me about it so I am trying to find out what it is worth. I haven't seen the collection firsthand to know what state it is in but throughout the years I have seen it and definitely know some if the stuff.
    The collection is mostly PT and AOTC. There is some Vintage and Power of the force. He definitely had alot of the Shadows of the Empire collection. He also has some big vehicles and deluxe sets. He has:
    Reek
    Acklay
    Nexu
    Episode 1 Anakin Podracer
    Episode 1 Sebulba Podracer
    Aotc Jedi starfighter.

He also has the max rebo band minus max rebo and alot of jabba palace and cantina figures.
    It is all LOOSE and comes from a smoke free house and has been stored in a box for a few years.

Is there anything rare to look out for?
    What sort of price would it go for in a job lot or individually? What were the prices at the time?

I am half tempted by it so what would be a reasonable price considering we are friends.

Thank you for any help.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Best thing to do is to search for recent closed eBay auctions for the items - that will give you an idea of what they are going for. If loose be sure the figures have all their accessories - they won't be worth as much without weapons, etc.

Jedi Daniel and Darthmaul208 like this.
  4. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    At an antique festival, I picked up a double-sided Phantom Menace theatrical poster for $10. It has some clear wear, but that only makes it more authentic to me. Anyways, a poster being double sided usually ends any talk of it being a fake, but unfortunately, I've read that the Phantom Menace is one of the few posters where fakes do exist in double sided format. Any ways to confirm its authenticity?

5. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
  6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
  7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    The one I saw the other night had already been on the shelf, but as I recall it's a J-hook design, so there's likely nothing to punch.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Update: the Vader Guide sold for $2.25 and the RotS guide didn't sell at all--so in with the Insiders it's going. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Oh well - at least you tried..

CooperTFN likes this.
  10. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I have the Oola Attakus statue with the right arm completely broken clean off. Is there any type of glue that can repair it? I know it won't be definite, but I gotta do something. I've done a bit of research elsewhere and I've seen Epoxy and Krazy glue both being recommended. Anyone agree with these choices or are there better options?

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I used Super Glue to reattach the rangefinder on my Gentle Giant Jango bust. That part was small and fiddly. Main thing on something like that is to practice before doing - plan it out. I ended up using a Q-Tip to apply the glue and so far it's held. Try Googling around on Attakus statue repair before you make a final decision.

12. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Thanks for the info! :D I glued the arm back on and it looks fantastic. I can still see the broken split, but it's hardly noticeable. I am very pleased with the current condition of the statue,

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Glad you got your statue fixed.. :)

14. Tajir

Tajir Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2015
    LAJ edit - sorry - advertising isn't allowed here.

15. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Hi guys,

Would you buy a boxed 1999 TPM 'Invasion' Armored Scout Tank with Battle Droid figure for $20? Is it worth that? I can only see one listed on eBay for $23.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Hey where did the "I bought everything" thread go?

17. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I refreshed and see it now.

18. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    I have an unopened Kotobukiya / ArtFX Light Up Commander Cody in my closet. How much would you suggest it's worth? There's slight wear and tear on the box, but it's in great shape otherwise. It looks like the price on this varies! I'm in Boston (all the figures I can find online look like they're in Japan). Also, where are some of the best places to advertise its sale (aside form the obvious Ebay or RebelScum)?

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Your best bet for prices are to search eBay for any recent closed auctions for the figure. That would give you an idea of price. Amazon Marketplace would be another option for selling.

Mazzic likes this.
  20. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Hello there. I'd like to know if I may create a
    thread?

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    We've actually got a thread for SW Funko items here in this forum. If you want to discuss non-SW ones we have a general non-SW collectibles thread here.

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  22. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Anyone else not finding the Black series wave with Darth Raven and Ben Kenobi??

23. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Nope not at all.

I wouldn't worry about Ben Kenobi though because he's being rereleased in the 40th Anniversary Wave 1 so in a few months there should be plenty.

In the UK no one seems to have them. TRU put up the product pages on their website and supposedly they are in stores but nothing past Wave 1 has turned up.
    Argos has the Krennic Wave but nothing past that.
    Amazon UK has many scalpers selling them at inflated prices so in all it's a bad situation.

B99 likes this.
  24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Forbidden Planet might have them but again the price would be high. Haven't been there in awhile so I don't know anything else . I know I haven't seen them locally.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  25. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Nah, Forbidden Planet sold out a while ago.