main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Star Wars Episode VII-IX - What are Your Biggest Fears?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by dolphin, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Probably wants to do it a movie at a time.

Darkslayer likes this.
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    He's 83 years old. Maybe he doesn't want to make promises he's not sure he can keep.

As long as John Williams is healthy, and wants to do Star Wars, he'll do Star Wars. No one in power would want someone else to do the music unless it was absolutely necessary.

3. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Good point. I suppose my concern isn't really taking into account the reality that he is quite up there in years, so I guess in big business it's not always the best idea to promise something if one suspects an untimely tragedy

Skellybobs likes this.
  4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    If it's true that they're already beginning work on Episode VIII, I wouldn't be surprised if JW is feeling up to doing at least this next one as well. It was one thing when the episodes were three years apart, but it will only be a bit over a year and a half now until we see Episode VIII (if you can believe it), which means it would be only about a year until he begins working on the score, if he's doing it. That's not far off at all...

5. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
    My fear is that some of those blasted annoying yellow minions will find their way into the new saga. I know I'm not the only one tired of those little bastards popping up everywhere....;)

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  7. ChewieWe'reHome

ChewieWe'reHome Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 25, 2015

Man, I remember when "cute" didn't mean "scary, bug-eyed, no-eyebrows, no-nose, big-teethed monsters". And now it looks like it's starting to become a trend....
    [​IMG]

Skellybobs likes this.
  8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    OT re-make

Darth Kermit likes this.
  9. queenofhollywood

queenofhollywood Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 11, 2015
    I'm fine with almost anything the ST throws at me (she says now...). But I don't know how I'm gonna cope if they decide to kill Han or Luke or something like that. Killing people off seems to be a trend now. I would also like for the films to remain true to the whole universe created for SW, not just the OT. But that being said, we don't need to keep having too many throwbacks unless it serves the story. If there are gonna be mentions to Vader, the Emperor, the Empire, etc, hopefully there will be a political (or any other) reason to do so and not just for the sake of nostalgia. My concern with too many characters is the plot will be serving the characters and not the other way around.

Skellybobs likes this.
  10. dva3842

dva3842 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 2, 2008
    1. Star Wars, 2. ESB, 3. ROTS, 4. ROTJ, 5. TPM, 6. AOTC ; I would concede later seasons of TCW were better than the prequels. I'm glad Disney is making the unaltered OT available soon. Finally will get rid of that misleading CGI explosion ring of the death star and Alderaan. I'm beginning to think younger fans don't even know what the original death star explosion looks like or are even aware it was different. I'd always thought there could have been more stories since ESB. That Vader could have been around for four more movies and ending with a mask reveal at episode IX i.e. "Splinter in Mind's Eye" and the other novels before ROTJ. I think if Disney wanted to they could get more creative scriptwriting with their unlimited funding. If they can come up with many new stories in TCW , it's entirely possible staying away from the PT does not automatically mean retreading remaking the OT. But I do have a little fear JJAbrams could retread the OT anyways after he let his writer friends butcher ST:ID

11. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    :mad:Lens flare :mad:

Really JJ?, is that your only idea how to make a shot better?

Have you guys seen the new trailer?

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Do you have as big a problem with all the lens flares in the Indiana Jones movies? Because there are a lot of them in those.

Skellybobs likes this.
  13. ChewieWe'reHome

ChewieWe'reHome Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 25, 2015

He also uses precise framing and clever sweeps.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    The lens flares kinda annoy me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarge likes this.
  15. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I didn't really notice any lens flare in the trailer. I suppose that's a good thing-for me at least. If I was completely oblivious to it, then it couldn't have been that bad...

16. dva3842

dva3842 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 2, 2008
    After rewatching the trailer over and over and unwisely reading the youtube comments, I'm worried about this now too i.e. I am hoping for bigger roles for the OT principals lasting through Ep. IX.

17. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    going to tag this for people that haven't seen the trailer, might be being a bit overly cautious on my part.

that the lightsaber duel (assuming there is one) will be so short, it's length will be on par with Maul Vs Qui-Gon on Tatooine
    I'd hate that.

Sarge and Darkslayer like this.
  18. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

Ennio Morricone is 87 and still working. JW is a young pup compared to him. :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012

At least they showed the start of the fight and not like in AOTC where they showed the entirety of Anakin fighting with the 2 blades in the trailer for that.

Sarge and TigerCraneFist like this.
  20. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    haha you got a point :p

Force Smuggler likes this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I was looking forward to that but the trailer spoiled the whole fight.

Dandelo likes this.
  22. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    I'm just worried it will be good, but no more than that. Nothing truly special.

We are EXPECTING cinematic magic, but lightning can only strike so many times.

23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Not me. Just give me something good. A starting point. Episode 9 for best movie ever. End big! Not start big and collapse.

24. Jangounchained1990

Jangounchained1990 Jedi Knight star 2

May 31, 2015
    That the spin offs will have so much bearing on the plot of the main films that I want be able to understand what is happening in the ST if I don't see all the spin off material.

25. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, I don't think you need to worry about that!
    Lucasfilm will want the movies to be accessible to as many people as possible.