main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Trailer 3 is here!

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Chris_Fives, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Darth Kermit

Darth Kermit Jedi Knight

Oct 22, 2013
    They definitely only represent the first 1/3 of the trilogy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bops likes this.
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    You don't say [face_thinking]

Darth Kermit likes this.
  3. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

I have nothing to base it on other than a gut feeling, but I'm convinced the lightsaber fight seen in the trailer takes place in Act I, or the beginning of Act II.

The Bops likes this.
  4. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    I have nothing to base it on other than a gut feeling, but I'm convinced the lightsaber fight seen in the trailer takes place in Act I, or the beginning of Act II.[/quote]

... hmm, not sure of how many "acts" are in "The Force Awakens", but I would think that the lightsaber dual would be close to the end of "The Force Awakens". The arc of the lead male character seems fairly straightforward in the trailer - an unknown comes to discover that he has Force abilities, and presumably after some haphazard training (similar to Luke and Yoda), the lead male character goes off to have the dual with the antagonist at the climax of the film, which is typically near the end.

5. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    Naw, I think the fight might be a halfway point, or something that sets up final act.

I'm wondering if we'll see Luke swoop in, blade blazing away, for a little finale dueling.

We may not have seen all the lightsaber action/scenes this movie has!

6. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    Just realized that we didn't see C3PO in any of the trailers either...hmmm....

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Indeed, though we have seen in officially released material.

8. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm definitely a little late to this party, but I did see the trailer last week as soon as it was available. Wow! I'm very impressed with how little we've been presented with, and it makes us want more. I know the name of one planet, I'd say most of the main characters, but no plot and no idea where it's going. I think being spoiler-free has been working out well, I just can't wait for December 17th!!

9. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    If you follow the structure of both TPM and ESB, there is a "duel" half-way through the film that ends abruptly and then the final duel in the third act. It's also in AOTC (OB1 fights Jango mid-way through the film and then the final duel with Dooku). In TPM Darth Maul duels with Qui-Gonn half way through the film and then the climatic battle at the end. ESB there's the "dark cave" duel then the final duel near the end. So I'm with those that say that the potential fight shown is probably the first skirmish/duel and not the third act climax.

Revyl Ren and TigerCraneFist like this.
  10. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I hope this is right!
    I'm a sucker for lightsaber duels, and would love more than one in this film. I especially want Luke to duel someone in it (and live).

11. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    One thing I like to do is on YouTube, is to watch the many trailer fan reactions while muting the sound and covering the picture in picture. After watching over 20 of them, it seems that it is very exciting and enjoyable and most important, satisfying.

Without giving anything away, has anyone here seen the newest trailer and if so, what did you think?

12. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I've seen it, and I loved it. It didn't really give anything away. I still have no idea what the film is actually about, but if it has the same feeling the trailers have, it will at least feel like a Star Wars movie 100%.

13. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    Thanks for the input. I am still too scared to watch it. lol

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  14. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Fair enough :)

I was afraid I was gonna feel a little too spoiled after watching it, but as it turned out, I still don't feel spoiled at all!

But I'm glad it's the last trailer! One more would've been too much for me, but there's no way I would've resisted watching it :p

Pensivia, Mist1024 and Gus X like this.
  15. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    Yeah, 7 weeks out, and I have no idea what the plot of the movie is. That's exactly what I was hoping for.

16. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    Awesome... I am trying to pass the time with ANYTHING!!! ugh

17. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    What did you think of the trailer?

18. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

It was pretty dang great.

Gus X and Darth Kermit like this.
  19. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I went to see Mockingjay part 2 tonight, and they showed the trailer before it. It was the first time I saw anything from TFA on the big screen, and my goodness - it was beautiful!
    It felt more real than ever!

Hard to believe it's less than a month away now.

Chris_Fives and PymParticles like this.
  20. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    I was seeing 1st and 2nd trailer in IMAX since March...Before every movie... I had goosebumps every time=D=

Hopefully new one will be attached to Mockingjay next weekend:D

21. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    With less than 4 weeks to go... I'm okay not seeing any more trailers unless I'm in a theatre. So there :p