main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We're All Fine Here, Thanks. How Are You? - The FanFic Social Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    You know you are a former Japanese Magna nerd when you automatically start reading images from graphic novels right to left :-B. And then you think, hey, I should catch up on all my old favourites. And then you go: no, no, that would be a VERY BAAAAAAAAAD idea.

And yeah, my first 20 posts were probably fairly similar.

Got my new insulin pump yesterday. It's pretty and TARDIS blue!

Also, I've decided I'm not going to go to Saint Louis :( As much as I wanna go, they need a confirmation by tuesday and I'm just not going to risk paying the deposit, then not get my passport in time (I've also have yet to send out the second set of forms [face_blush]).

2. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I first joined the New Galactic Empire in the SWC. Then I posted in the CCC in the SWC.

Hooray for TARDIS blue stuff!!! :D

Too bad you can't go to St Louis though, Bri. :(

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Gamiel Yes, my computer is superior, but it's also a little lacking in the portability department. When I'm out and about, it's easier just to take my tablet. :p

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    My first posts were prior to the 20 posts to send a PM thing... now I feel old. :p
    But IIRC my very first post was in games. I was looking for someone that had the rules for SW Risk.

I never minded OPPM but the only time I was ever posting that quickly was for a new thread that was an index or something that I needed the first few posts.

Bri- Liked your post for the TARDIS blue pump. I'm sorry you don't get to go to the conference.

5. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    My inability to go to the conference is my own fault and a lesson in DON'T procrastinate (my passport has been expired for almost a year and a half and I should have gotten a new one long ago). But as I told my sister, going to the conference would have been fun, BUT so is watching nextflix, writing fanfic, and eating Christmas baking, and the second option is much cheaper!

BUT TARDIS blue pumps make everything better.

6. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    Fun stuff. :) I'm glad to see Tom Orzechowski's still lettering; while he's worked on far more than just the X-books, IIRC, he first really became famous for the Claremont-Byrne-Austin era Uncanny X-Men. :D

(I.e., back when Claremont's foibles were mostly held in check. :p

whiskers likes this.
  7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Got bored.

[​IMG]

Made this.

8. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    My first post on the board was in the newbie housewarming party and then this German woman compared Serbia to countries with starving children in Africa. If there wasn't a couple of others who genuinely liked the idea of a Teebo superfan, I would've just forgot I ever registered on here. :p But it was only when I started posting in this thread that I became, I dunno, a regular. I knew that whoever welcomes me first won't be particularly close to me, but I also knew that I would meet somebody special on here....which I did. <3

Also, Diva, have fun and thank whoever of those three authors invented Vagran and didn't write anything about it...so I can do it myself. :D

In other words, we had a battalion of German cockroaches here last Sunday and that sort of dictated the entire week. I nearly had a heart attack when they had this orgy thing in my beautiful, beautiful stash of spices and herbs.

9. Ewok Poet01

Ewok Poet01 Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2015
    Tapatalk thinks I am somebody else...and this post just proved it. Who is this and how did I get into their account?

Послато са SM-J500FN уз помоћ Тапатока

jcgoble3 likes this.
  10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Ewok Poet, the like was for the first two paragraphs rather than the third. I hope they're gone soon! And very weird about this... I guess we can call it an unexpected sock.

And divapilot, do report back on your meeting with the profic writers!

As for me, I'm in transit back from a truly amazing choir reunion at my college, and it was the first time I've been back to that campus since I graduated in 2001. A lot has changed there, but the old friends and the top-notch music-making experience were pretty much just exactly as I remembered them. If I had to name the one undergraduate professor who influenced and inspired me the most, it would have to be the director of this group, also because of the wonderful music history courses he taught.

And since we're talking first posts, mine was in the "answer a question, ask a question" thread in Welcome New Users, about whether I preferred hot or cold. It was followed shortly by a post here asking TrakNar what fastnachts were.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    It's not a sock since I have no idea what this person's e-mail and password are. Tapatalk says they registered in 2013. This truly is bizarre and I'm going to report it, just in case it could happen with all those Darths and other common username variants. O_O

EDIT: Now it shows they registered on Tuesday...which is the day I stopped receiving Tapatalk notifications AND the day I changed the e-mail address used on here. WEIRD.

Admiral Volshe and Findswoman like this.
  12. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Nice. Very 1930s/40s cartoon.

TrakNar and Admiral Volshe like this.
  13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    That really is most bizarre. Worth checking with the admins, maybe? Sorry I can't suggest much else—I've never seen that happen before!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  14. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005

Now that is just strange.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  15. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It is showing as November 3rd, 2015 for me! Super strange!!

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    That's just odd. I know nothing of TapTalk, so your best bet would be to PM LAJ_FETT directly (if you haven't already) and just explain the situation.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Chyntuck, Findswoman , Lazy K and 4 others like this.
  18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

She told me to do the same, so I will. I can always revert to my old e-mail address (I don't need to hide who I am that much, I guess :p), but if Tapatalk creates *another* account because of that, headasplode.

Other than that, I would recommend the app if it's user-friendly for you. I use it on my tablet when in bed and outside.

Will take a browse and leave comments later today. :)

TrakNar and Findswoman like this.
  19. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    *proud auntie mode on*

My little niece walked today. Five whole steps, all on her own, like a big girl.

*proud auntie mode off*

Ewok Poet, Lazy K, Gamiel and 5 others like this.
  20. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Awww.

*sees Greek in your sig, is reminded of the work he should be doing*

Chyntuck likes this.
  21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Awwww! You are allowed to go into proud Auntie Mode for that.

I made my brother cry today by showing him the newest episode of Doctor Who and sharing my theory with him

Clara has already died in the Doctor's timeline, he has just broken his own 'rules' by going back to spend more time with her. That is why he is so "huggy" and is concerned when she "dies", but never sad.

And I also got invited to the Step-Grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary. They are going all out for it (we are talking they are renting a limo for the ~7 people invited). On one hand, it's a free fancy dinner and alcohol. On the other hand, it's an evening with Hutts, and my step-father's sister REALLY doesn't like me. I'm not "proper".

BAHAHAHAHHAHHAHA.

mavjade , Admiral Volshe and Chyntuck like this.
  22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Made a couple pixel animations last night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm very slowly getting back into animation.

divapilot, mavjade and Chyntuck like this.
  23. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    If she doesn't like you because you're not "proper," then that means you absolutely HAVE to go... :trollface:

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. Just gotta make sure my mohawk is nicely trimmed and my tattoos are showing with my sluttiest dress. It will be like my sister's graduation with the paternal grandparents all over again (side story for newcomers: my father's mother dislikes me so much that she didn't even come to my high school grad... I seem to have a talent for making older women dislike me).

And those animations are great, Trak.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Thanks. I've been trying to get back into animating for a while after my animation class burned me out on it. Used a bit more stretch and squash on the smaller animation for extra bounce and squish.

Unfortunately after finishing a painting, finishing my Bonnie miniature, making a few animations, and working on a reference, I found that I really can't draw at all tonight. Managed to paint my miniature, but that's really it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.