main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finn and Rey's Cat Cantina and Pizza Parlor (The Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Or this.

[​IMG]

Gamiel likes this.
  2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I prefer this. :D

[​IMG]

TrakNar, jcgoble3, whiskers and 2 others like this.
  3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I just got a notification here on the boards that someone is now following me. Feels just a tad creepy. :p

(What is "following" someone even supposed to do, other than creep them out?)

Revanfan1 and Admiral Volshe like this.
  4. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    They know what you had for lunch...

they're probably lurking in your closets, too...I'd suggest a katana and a couple of flamethrowers for your protection. :p

5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    That is not creepy, trust me. I had people ask me if they could add me to their "VIP collection" and "Important people list" on Facebook and, in past, Myspace.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  6. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    [​IMG]

Quick, everybody make it super creepy and follow jcgoble3!

Lazy K, mavjade , TrakNar and 4 others like this.
  7. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

You're welcome. :)

It just means they like you enough to follow you...I think. :p That's what I use it for, at least.

*gets out her olive green armour and snaps it on*
    *plops on a helmet and crouches behind the bar*
    Don't hurt me!! D:

:p

leiamoody, jcgoble3 and Ewok Poet like this.
  8. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Oh dear. [face_laugh]

9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, I've had a handful of people following me. I choose to take it as a compliment, personally, but I could see the creep factor. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  10. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012

I'm following you, too! Wow!
    But you're not following me! :( :p

All my followers are going to come for you, too. :p

jcgoble3, Exeter and Revanfan1 like this.
  11. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    This is not Facebook (thank goodness), so I don't think it's creepy at all. But again, it doesn't seem as though "following" anyone on these forums actually does anything—as in, alerting you to when a person you are following has started a new thread, or somesuch.

But yeah, I suppose it's a compliment and a status symbol both. :)

Admiral Volshe and Exeter like this.
  12. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    *follows Revanfan1 * :p

Following alerts you to when someone is online and permits easier finding of said person, rather than looking through the user list, or just hoping they're online at the same time. This makes PMing a person more efficient in the case of more time-sensitive conversations.

13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Well, nice to know that it actually does something. But how does it actually do that? As in, where on this site would I look to find that information?

14. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    The old "Watched User List" didn't really do anything either (no alerts, except when you were first 'watched'), but I used it as a quick shortcut for PMs, back before you could tag somebody so for story updates you had to message everybody individually (and only message one person at a time).

Pretty much everybody I follow was on my old WUL...people that aren't on much anymore, and I want to remind myself that they exist so I can be creepy see if they get active again.

If you pull down the little arrow next to your username in the upper right (like where you'd change all of your user details), there's a link that says "People You Follow."

As for seeing who's online, the main page at boards.theforce.net displays a pane on the right side telling you who's online. When someone you follow is online, there's a separate subsection that displays them and their avatar.

15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Ah, OK. I didn't know how it worked because I've never followed anyone. :p

Admiral Volshe and Exeter like this.
  16. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Thanks for all the information, Exeter.

Exeter likes this.
  17. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I don't know half the people that are following me. That is weird. Two of them have zero posts. I assume they are socks. :confused:

Exeter and jcgoble3 like this.
  18. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    I am following you too, J_L. I don't even remember doing it. [face_laugh]

19. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Now I'm following you, Volshe, because I can't keep track of who follows me anymore.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  20. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Dunno if anyone else has seen this before:

21. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    "Following" people allows you to see all the activities of the people who you follow on one page... somewhere - under your news feed I think. Kinda useless in my opinion, but the 'people who you follow' online now can be useful for stalking Mav when I need her input doing mod things when we both see the other is online.

In other news, my friends and I have dubbed this week (well, until the 25th) hell week. I HAVE SO MANY THINGS DUE AND A MID TERM THAT IS GOING TO GUT ME ON THURSDAY! I've already just lost my mind. Case in point: I submitted a final project today AND forgot the freaking bibliography, SOMETHING you can get kicked out of university for. THANKFULLY it was for a professor who really knows me. I realized I had forgot it in the middle of class (it's a seminar class and we were really off topic anyways), of course I start freaking out. She's like "Briann, stop crying, it's okay. Just email it to me."

mavjade and jcgoble3 like this.
  22. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    On the following thing, all the people that follow me are either the GM or another player in a RP I'm playing in. And all the people I follow are either perspective players for my RP or players in another RP I'm in.

I don't mind it, and it does nothing special except make it easy to find them when they're online. In RP's at least PMing people happens frequently enough that I can see the utility in using it.

Briannakin, I'm glad the professor understood.

23. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Just taking a moment to wish a very happy birthday to a wonderful pal and mighty fine writer, Admiral Volshe. Many more! [face_party]

Exeter, Chyntuck and whiskers like this.
  24. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Happy Birthday, Admiral Volshe. Now defect to the Rebel Alliance, we have low-sugar cookies! :D

jcgoble3 and Chyntuck like this.
  25. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks Findswoman !!!! :D
    Your pitiful attempts to turn me are quite amusing, but the notion that I would ever consider the Alliance is ridiculous.

But it is my birthday and I feel merciful, so I won't raze your home planet. :p

(Thank you!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.