main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Netflix's Lost In Space remake series

Discussion in 'Community' started by DantheJedi, Nov 22, 2015.

1. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Danger, Will Robinson! Another remake ahead!

Hopefully this time the Robinsons will have had enough of Dr. Smith's antics and shove him out the Jupiter 2 's airlock near the closest black hole; Oh the pain, the pain, indeed.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Lost In Space is absolutely one of those things that has an immeasurably good hook for remake. Even the botched film-series relaunch captured at least some of that hook.

This has potential; I just hope they keep it more fun and light than dark and brooding. I don't want Lost In Event Horizon: The Series. :p

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Wasn't the Matt LeBlanc movie remake torture enough?

Jedi Merkurian and Sarge like this.
  5. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I'm in for more sci-fi. In general I have liked Netflix's original shows. So perhaps it's time to say "In Netflix we trust" at least for our entertainment needs?

Wasn't Joey, don't care. Still was a fun movie from a nostalgia point of view.

6. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    In the 2000s they filmed a pilot for a new Lost In Space series that was filmed by John Woo that was pitched to the WB network (It can be found online). Of course, it didn't get picked up for series but their sets ended up being used as the Battlestar Pegasus sets for Battlestar Galactica.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

It's not nearly as bad as you remember, and Matt LeBlanc was actually pretty good in it.

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    But then you wouldn't need eyes to watch it where you're going.

dp4m likes this.
  9. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Loved the original TV show, loved the movie so I'm all for a reboot as long as it's done right.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    This could work, especially now that we're getting a resurgence of the Space Opera genre. But it needs to be relevant to the 2010s in terms of having the right balance of fun, whimsicalness, thrill, danger, and humour. It has serious potential. Inevitably there will need to be some darkness in it, but restrict it to shades rather than an ongoing tone of foreboding. Actually, Jessica Jones is an interesting example of how to develop shadow as compared to all out dark like Daredevil.

Hint: ignore the film from the 1990s.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It'll be all completely grimdark and ****.

12. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
  13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    That seems to be how most remakes go these days.

14. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I don't know. If they're smart they'll reboot it the way Doctor Who did: still fun and whimsical, but with more serialized storytelling and room for darkness and drama as needed.

TryWhistlingThis and TX-20 like this.
  15. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I have the Nostalgia Critic's impression of Gary Oldman and that's all I need.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    ...was the movie supposed to be bad? I liked it well enough, though I don't think I've seen it since it came out.

CT-867-5309 and Amon_Amarth like this.
  17. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Really? That was one of the most terrible movies I have ever seen. I fell asleep shortly after the title cards, and would have stayed that way had they not felt the need to scream "LOST IN SPACE!!!!" as the credits started to roll.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    I want a grimdark reboot of Noddy.

19. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    J-Wox hated it. That means it was good for carbon based life forms.

20. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    How can this be a bad thing? Netflix already has experience making a good show out of a property that had a bad movie.

21. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    I think Netflix bringing Lost In Space is a safer bet than Star Trek being launched on CBS All Access.

Since they've got David Tennant on Jessica Jones, I pitch this guy for Doctor Smith:

[​IMG]

Juliet316 and jabberwalkie like this.
  22. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm guessing there's no way Matt Smith wants to do another space exploration show. Wonderful as he is.

23. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm good with a Lost in Space reboot, though like others don't want it grimdark. But then I've been happy with the series Netflix has done so far.

24. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Haven't seen the old series, but I did enjoy the movie as a kid. Maybe I'm just biased. Anyhow, I get the feeling that the remake might have a Stargate Universe vibe?

25. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    I'd totally watch this. I used to watch the original series reruns as a kid so this news is kind of exciting for me.