main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Gentlemen's Writing Guild

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SkalenFehl, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Sith-I-5 only completed submissions, please. I still have unfinished pieces from ten years ago. [face_hypnotized]

2. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003

With Exeter, that makes three vets from the old guard. Nice to see you back! I look forward to reading your entry! Here's 1,000 points for you!

Exeter likes this.
  3. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

C'mon, you knew this was coming. [face_mischief]

SkalenFehl likes this.
  4. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    OK! Plot bunny bit. I should have a submission by the weekend for the Amnesia Challenge. [face_dancing]

Exeter likes this.
  5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Getting through the amnesiac bit was hard, but my character's memory is hopefully returning, and we can start to cook on gas.

Edit: Aborting this. Amnesia too much of a crutch to narrative flow to complete in time.

28/11 Edit: Danger Will Robinson. On 5035 words, and story not completed yet. Gonna need some severe editing even if I do get this guano done on time.

29/11 Edit: If I don't make this, I'm blaming the Boards being down; drokk it.

30/11 05:23 Edit: Story complete. However, 7770 words with all the markup; 7613 after posting, and counting the posted words.

06:49 6921 words. C'boath on a bike, this is brutal.

07:32 5981 words.

09:04 4989 words. Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! [face_tired] http://boards.theforce.net/threads/oc-gwg-amnesia-challenge-new-kids-on-the-block.50035050/]New[/url] Kids on the Block.

Lazy K and SkalenFehl like this.
  6. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    Hey gents. Sorry I've been MIA. Lots happened in the last week or so. Son in and out of hospital, diagnosed with spinal meningitis, Thanksgiving and personal obligations, and some laziness, too. I'll be back asap.

7. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    I hope your son will be okay, meningitis is a very serious condition.

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    As Goodwood said, hope your son is going to be okay.

9. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Take all the time you need, Skalen. Obviously family always comes first. We'll be here when you have the time, just like we always have been.

10. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Hope he's doing okay. Please let us know how he's doing.

11. Dashren2001

Dashren2001 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 20, 2008
    Sorry for the disappearance. An unfortunate incident involving my writing became part of a much larger personal issue, so I had to step away from the keyboard for a while, and try to remind myself that not all readers are the same, while at the same time dealing with said issue in my personal life. Today, I think I'm ready tto try to put it behind me and move forward and resume writing. I remember you guys reading my story and commenting that you enjoyed it, and reminding myself of that was an enormous help, so hopefully you'll be seeing part six of Coldiron Squadron soon!

Fehl, I am very sorry to hear about your son, and sincerely hope he recovers (at least as much as one can recover from that, I will be honest, I'm not too familiar with menengitis). You and your family have my thoughts.

12. Dashren2001

Jan 20, 2008
    It feels so good to finally dust off the writing fingers and get something up.
    [Removed]

Mav Edit: Please make sure to read the FanFic FAQ on promoting fics.

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I'll abstain this time, thanks.

Hope thread members are okay.

Between new Challenges and my own stories, got a lot on the go.

14. Dashren2001

Jan 20, 2008
    You know that moment, when you get into a groove, and you make the best part of your story yet, do you guys then just immediately look at the parts before it and immediately hate them? Because that happens to me a lot and it drives me crazy.

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Yeah, this is what we should be doing to keep the thread going, now that we have re-discovered it, discussing our characters or stories.

You know that phrase about people liking the sound of their own voice?

That is mostly how I feel about stuff I have written earlier. It is what was in our hearts and minds at the time, and presumably put onto the page to the best of our ability at the time, and it is what got me to this stage where I'm now in the groove, so I value it for itself...plus, apparently I can be a funny fragger, and I tend to amuse myself when I look back on things.

Earlier writings and posts are the history of my character, and I can mine it for information to make what I am writing now, deeper and more dynamic, plus sometimes I forget details, eg. oh, Deputy the astromech is black is he? Whoops!

Exeter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.