main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion November is Coming...and so is NaNoWriMo!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by LAJ_FETT , Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Congrats whiskers =D= [face_dancing] [face_party]

C'm'on, Admiral Volshe, you can win this. I saw you write so fast in the FF Olympics, I couldn't believe it.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Totals updated. Congrats, whiskers!

Let's go, Volshe! Last day!

3. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    Congrats to everyone who made it :)

To those who didn't, well you did better then me. :p

4. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Congrats, Whiskers!

I have been sick as a dog the last three days so I am glad that I miraculously finished early this year. I've only managed about 500 words since hitting 50k. I think I must have subconsciously known that it was coming on...

5. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

Dysautonomia has got nothing on me. [face_party]I can't believe I did it! :D

Ewok Poet, Sith-I-5, yahiko and 4 others like this.
  6. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Congrats, Admiral!

Admiral Volshe and Chyntuck like this.
  7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Wow! Admiral Volshe that is one steep climb during the second half of the month. Congrats! =D=

jcgoble3, Admiral Volshe and Chyntuck like this.
  8. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    WOO-HOO! =D= =D= =D=

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  9. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Congrats, Volshe! That was amazing! And congrats to everyone else who won and to everyone who attempted!

I haven't written since the 20th, (early holiday gatherings and other RL junk knocked me out for a few days, and by the time it was over I'd lost my mojo,) so I ended up with 26,164. Not as good as last year, but better than any other year I've participated. There's always next year! :)

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Totals updated. And it's all over for another year. Congrats to all the winners and a good effort to all who tried.

11. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks everyone! :D [:D]
    Congratulations again to all and thank you Laj for keeping everything all pretty for us. :)

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    No probs!

See you all again next Nov!

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  13. yahiko

yahiko Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2015
  14. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    The secret is you never stop to edit and you count every word written. So let's say you wrote a paragraph and decided you didn't like it and you are going to delete it. Cut it out but somewhere in your document have a place to put all the deleted scenes. I would put them in a different font and color at the end of the document. Those words count. It is not the number of words in a completed and edited story...it is just 50K words. If you get stuck simply write scenes you do want to happen somewhere down the line and put it at the end of the document to add in later...or maybe not. Write alternate scenes that may or may not get into the final draft. Just write anything. NaNoWriMo rules say you simply have to write 50K words of a work of fiction. They don't have to well written sentences or have a plot.

I wrote as a Rebel this year. This means I am not following the rules exactly. I was writing two stories with a combined word count of 50K. Other people write nonfiction stories and they are considered Rebels. NaNoWriMo simply wants to get people to write.

15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Congratulations whiskers and Admiral Volshe ! =D=

And congratulations to anyone who participated, no matter how many words you wrote!

I ended up with only 13,047 (and I didn't even enter all of that into the site). Just too much on my mind to really buckle down and write. But that's more than I've written in a long time, so I take it as a win! :D

16. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Congratulation, Admiral Volshe, Whiskers, and everyone else involved.

Admiral Volshe and whiskers like this.
  17. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Congrats, all!

18. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    Will there be a new thread for Nanowrimo for this year?

I for one will try this challenge for my second year with the intent of making the goal.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yep - in fact I'm going to start the new thread today. I was just waiting on approval from the Fan Fic mods. I'll lock this one once the new one is up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.