main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Luke Cage

Discussion in 'Community' started by Diggy , Dec 4, 2015.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Coming to Netflix next year, her are three set photos, which probably have spoilers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have at it.

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Luke Cage has a lot to live up to. Daredevil was good and Jessica Jones was simply awesome.

Like Jessica Jones, going into the series I'm not really a fan of the character so I don't know the history and the gallery of rogues so this will be an opportunity to get to know the character.

From the pictures above, it looks like the Netflix MCU has it's own Phil Coulson in Claire Temple

3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Hope Claire Temple shows up in more than just one episode. I felt she even kind of overstayed in that one episode by a few minutes.
    Side note: I'd have to rewatch Daredevil, but my initial thought after my first viewing whenever ago, is that I wish she was in more of his episodes.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This show needs excessive amounts of Misty Knight.

5. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Why is she in it - there's nothing to sew?

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Did you look at the pictures?

7. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Just the first one. I thought to myself, why's she in it, and that I'd go gay for him

yankee8255 and AmySolo like this.
  8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Take a look at the third photo.

9. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    She fixing up good blind guys, impenetrable guys through the eye, and eye don't know what she'll be doing next either, but I'm looking forward to it.

AmySolo, Rew and rumsmuggler like this.
  10. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Looking forward to Luke Cage. Hopefully Iron Fist will show up at some point.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Really looking forward to this, Mike Colter was awesome in Jessica Jones. I'm interested to see what kind of story they are going to go with....Jessica Jones really only followed a small part of "Alias", though there were several lines and scenes right out of the book.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  13. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Cool, but you're posting this picture in the Luke Cage thread. Is that when Luke Cage Season 1 is coming or Jessica Jones Season 2 premieres?

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Cage - November.

15. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Iron Fist when?

Is he going to be in this at all? Those two are super pals.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yes, there will be an Iron Fist series.

It's been teased on Netflix.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I know the series is being developed. I'm talking about the character appearing in Luke Cage. Or the other shows that are apparently getting season 2 before IF gets 1.

18. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I would assume Iron Fist is going to appear in Luke Cage. They will probably meet, maybe have some sex, and then Iron Fist will find out that Luke Cage killed someone close to him and leave for a couple episodes. Eventually Iron Fist will come back just in time to disappear again, but not without hanging with a character from Daredevil in the final episode for WAY too long and for no reason.

Ender Sai likes this.
  19. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Cute, but trite. Night Nurse is integral to the whole Hell's Kitchen hero scene, and so I can see why she's there.

EmpireForever - I keep hearing IF won't get his own show. There's concerns at Marvel over how they manifest the energy that gets channelled through IF's fist - and really, without that, is he Iron Fist?

Plus, the whole idea of a white guy being a martial artist is apparently a bit questionable for some.

So, no word yet on when it'll happened or if Marvel has a direction forward.

20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    So just make him not-white. I mean.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I think it's more than that; the long tradition of westerners who go to Asia to learn Asian secrets is a tired trope.

I agree though; making him mixed race Caucasian/Asian would be a sensible start. Doesn't do much about the mystical energy stuff though, but I mean. Dr Strange you guys.

22. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Well Dr. Strange is getting that movie money. Not much to do about that.

He's the iron fist. Just have his fist glow like it's burning up or something. He doesn't even use it all the time, and most of the chi stuff could be internal.

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I meant more - how are marvel conflicted on how to portray the magic when you know, DR STRANGE IS COMING TO THE BIG SCREEN.

Didn't mean to shout though. Well I kind of did. Actually.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  24. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Oh, I don't know. But basically every Defender has the same power set at this point, so it's kind of disappointing anyway.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Ender, they're already talking about making him Asian and, in fact, I think that's what held everything up.

They've already announced a showrunner/EP after the delays were causing concern. And I think there's plenty of time to get casting done and get a cameo in there, similar to what we saw in Daredevil with the Iron Fist-influence.

And confirming that Hogarth will theoretically be showing up as she should there as well...

But this is the Luke Cage thread. :p