main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Episode VII to open December 18, 2015

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by The Hellhammer, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    Holy cow!

Jo Lucas likes this.
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    8! ;)

3. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    9!

4. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    Dat countdown clock at the top tho. Got me mesmerized

5. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    2013 seems much longer ago except when I look at that countdown clock now it seems like 2013 was yesterday.

Dewback and TigerCraneFist like this.
  6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, it's funny how we perceive time.
    In many ways, it feels like it was just recently we got the news that there would be new Star Wars movies, but at the same time it feels like we've been waiting forever.
    The first teaser still seems new to me, but at the same time, I'm extremely familiar with the images in it by now, in a way that makes me feel like it was years ago we first saw it.

And we're only a week away from the film now (in one week and two hours, I'll be heading to the theatre), but this week is gonna feel like the longest stretch of waiting.

7. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

Actually, for me it's just the opposite. I'm a teacher, and I got the announcement when I was teaching a group of freshmen. I've had that group all four years, and now that they're seniors, I'm finally going to see the movie. I put a countdown on my board the day of the announcement (and it was over 900 even though I was expecting a Memorial Day release,) and I've been ticking it off one day at a time. Now that there's a big giant 8 on my board, it just doesn't even seem real.

Funny story - One day, in the 300s, I was changing the countdown from 323 to 322 or something like that, and so I just erased the last number. One of the students said, "Don't you wish it was just 32?" I remember laughing and agreeing - but now even 32 seems forever ago.

A week from tomorrow boys, a week from tomorrow.

8. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    That's just awesome!

Skellybobs likes this.
  9. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    That's awesome, BigBadYodaDaddy ! The idea that the time passing is equal to those kids' entire time in HS. It's the same for me: My daughter was just a 4 month old baby when I first found out-different times, different work office, different house, and NOW-my daughter is in preschool and...

TFA in one week!!

It's such a crazy feeling when you think about your personal sense of passage of time in terms of other people's growth/experiences.

Skellybobs likes this.
  10. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    So I'm wondering... how much screaming vs. shushing there will be when they sith hits the fan and we're all sitting in our seats and boom -- it all gets real.

I for one don't know how I won't scream -- but I know it's obnoxious.

Oh well -- guess thats why I have tix to 3 diff shows :)

DARTH_BELO and Skellybobs like this.
  11. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

My absolute favorite moment of cinema Star Wars was in Revenge of the Sith. Right after the opening crawl (which was met with thunderous applause) there's that sequence where Anakin and Obi-Wan take their ships over the bow of that cruiser and dive into the Battle of Coruscant. I was blown away. Involuntarily, I just breathed out "Oh ****." Some guy a couple rows up said, "Right?" No one is seeing the premiere who isn't a huge fan. It was just too hard to get tickets. I think that alone will be half the fun of it. I expect insane applause when we inevitably see Luke light up old green again. If (probably when) someone dies, I expect gasping. Laughter at the jokes, baited breath during action sequences. The long and short of it is, we're nerds guys. We're nerds because we LOVE this movie in a way that people just can't understand. When the movie is on TV, or when you pop it in yourself, you can't really share the moments you absolutely love with those around you - even if you're watching it in a group. When you're surrounded by "our people," as it were, you know that you're among friends whose names you just don't know yet. It's the kind of environment you just can't manufacture, and if I miss a line or two because of it, well, it's not like I don't have tickets for the 19th too. :cool:

12. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005

THIS. So beautiful.

episodenone and Skellybobs like this.
  13. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Agreed. I remember that very sequence when I saw ROTS for the first time. The two starfighters fly just over the huge ship and I'm like "that's pretty cool." Then they descend over the edge and suddenly-we see all hell is breaking loose right in our faces! Blown away indeed.

You can only get experiences like that in SW, in my opinion. And those moments are wonderful when they happen!

I'm really hoping for a moment like that in TFA...

episodenone likes this.
  14. Revyl Ren

Revyl Ren Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2015
    In EXACTLY 7 DAYS (to the minute!) I will be sitting at the cinema waiting for the opening crawl! Yay!

15. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Six days!
    Less than a week, that's absolutely crazy!

Now to continue playing good ol' Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II until the sixteenth :greensaber:

16. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
  17. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    I am literally so angry at you right now. :mad:

Gus X likes this.
  18. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Hey, you guys have a counter on top of the thread, so I'm keeping a countdown for us on this side of the pond. No need to get angry [:D]

Gus X likes this.
  19. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I just bought my tickets on Fandango! This is a first for me, I've never bought tickets on Fandango! I've always bought them at the ticket booth at my local movie theater. However, I'm seriously afraid of it selling out even in my little town. So, 6:30pm on the 18th it is! I'd have picked the 17th, but that's my Dad's birthday.

20. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    :p Y does the countdown say 00 weeks, is there a glitch??

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  21. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Oh yeah, by the way... My country is releasing it a day earlier than you lot.

If I take into account my time zone (UTC+12:00) that will actually make it even earlier relative to where you are in the world.

For instance if you're on the East Coast of the US, my midnight screening will be happening at 6am on the 16th.

But don't be too jealous of me, many Europeans countries as well as Turkey and South Africa get a release date on the 16th. Those Frenchies get to see it 13 hours before I do!

22. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    In Sweden, it premieres on the 16th, but there's no midnight premiere. First showing is 10am local time.
    So for East Coast Americans, that'd be 4am (I think) on the 16th.

You're still seeing it two hours before me though [face_bleh]
    ;)

23. Raz Zaphon

Apr 9, 2000
    Hah, well if you're going to a 10am session then that will be 2 hours before me. I wonder if the rest of Europe is not doing a midnight premiere? That would roughly sync up most of the world to the same point in time.

24. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Nah, I'm going later. The first showings are only in 3D, and I hate 3D!

I too have wondered if the other European countries have midnight showings. I was saddened when I found out we wouldn't get midnight screenings, since those are so much fun!

25. Raz Zaphon

Apr 9, 2000
    I feel for you there. I was only able to find a single screening that was 3D. I nearly got 3D tickets but just couldn't bring myself to do it.