main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non spoiler review thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Justrec, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    This is going to be the thread where people can freely proof read reviews and post nonspoiler reviews for the people who want to know what some critics and reviews think of the movie without being spoiled. If you don't want to know even this, click away now.

Alienware likes this.
  2. Justrec

Jun 13, 2014
  3. Justrec

Jun 13, 2014
    Buzzfeed reporter "Rest easy #theforceawakens is 100% Star Wars and something new. Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, oScar Isaac : welcome."

Chris_Fives likes this.
  4. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015

Star Wars premiere just letting out now. A LOT of smiling faces. #StarWarsForceAwakens

Fantastic!!!

1st Star Wars review: it was epic, awesome & perfect. The cast was stellar. JJ killed it!

Ranking: 1. Empire Strikes Back. 2. Force Awakens. 3. A New Hope. 4. Return of the Jedi. 5 - 8 Prequels. Thank you JJ. #TheForceAwakens

THE FORCE AWAKENS proves JJ Abrams is an auteur: once again we have great characters, propulsive fun, sort of shi**y, dumb story.

5. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Okay so everyone bear in mind that twitter reactions from a premiere tend to be highly positive relative to the reception a film ends up with.

Darth Dnej and TigerCraneFist like this.
  6. DV-213

DV-213 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 18, 2014
    Do I understand it correct that the movie had some kind of celebrity premiere today and will open to the rest of the world tomorrow?

7. dva3842

dva3842 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 2, 2008
    Right, it was a private premiere at three theaters in Hollywood. There's a video of starwars.com's replay on youtube.
    Presumably there will be critic reviews out before Friday so there is a preliminary rating % on RT as they've kept TFA
    from media critics until the last week.

DV-213 likes this.
  8. DV-213

DV-213 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 18, 2014
    The opening is Friday in the US?

9. thesloth1327

thesloth1327 Jedi Padawan

Dec 13, 2015
    Many positive reviews by people after episode 1 as well so I would take it with a grain of salt.

10. thesloth1327

thesloth1327 Jedi Padawan

Dec 13, 2015
    Thursday night. However the embargo is lifted on the 16th.

Given that this is Starwars and Disney I have a rule that the movie ends up with a 10% bump regardless of how good or bad the film is.

The nice part is the VFX while they will be impressive we are not talking about ground breaking technology so to an extent the actual film should matter a bit more. People will be less forgiving if say the VFX are great but the story is on the level of Transformers

Prequel_Rubbish likes this.
  11. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Might be worth pointing out that there are negative reviews out there too. Impossible to quote them without spoiling alas....

12. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    TPM has a ton of great reviews coming out of world premier. I have one person that I trust that was at the premier last night. I am waiting to hear back from him what he said. I hope it does not suck.

CairnsTony likes this.
  13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE THINKS!!!!! :cool::p

Correct!! Was thinking the same thing,, I would wait till Fri for real reviews my self..(If I wanted to.)

14. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014

15. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I might temper what I said earlier btw by saying that the overwhelming majority of people are saying positive things.

I see the movie in less than 24hrs so I'll know soon enough. :)

Gus X and B99 like this.
  16. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    Someone said Patton Oswalt liked it via twitter, but I'm too afraid to look at his feed in case he said something else about it.

17. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Patton Oswalt did indeed like it....I've seen a couple of other people who are very critical of the PT praising it as well.

Wally44 and Gus X like this.
  18. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Wally44 likes this.
  19. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Here are some more spoiler free "reviews" I've come across:

No spoilers but #TheForceAwakens is beyond amazing. Truly. It was an emotional experience that exceeded my hopes!!! https://t.co/DX8L8qH9sf
    — Chris Hardwick (@hardwick) December 15, 2015

#StarWarsForceAwakens totally delivers #nospoilers I repeat #nospoilers again #nospoilers just #wow pic.twitter.com/SD4odRnTZZ
    — Elizabeth Banks (@ElizabethBanks) December 15, 2015

There’s a new hero in town, in a movie that DELIVERS. Cried like a baby, whooped like a teen! #StarWarsForceAwakens pic.twitter.com/apo0EHr7EA
    — Rob Lowe (RobLowe) December 15, 2015

JJ did it. #StarWarsForceAwakens
    — Patton Oswalt (@pattonoswalt) December 15, 2015

And without spoiling it, I can say that #StarWarsForceAwakens has the BEST final shot of any Star Wars film. Wow.
    — Patton Oswalt (@pattonoswalt) December 15, 2015

Dak Oolron, Dewback and JediLight like this.
  20. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    All these tweets being reposted are from actual critics and not just average joes who got into the premier. This is a positive sign.

21. Justrec

Jun 13, 2014
    Phil Rosenthal@PhilRosenthal 12h12 hours ago
    Just leaving the #StarWarsForceAwakens premiere. It's really really good. Best one since Empire.

Robert Mills@Millsy11374 12h12 hours ago
    Short #TheForceAwakens[​IMG] reaction. It's everything you want it to be. See it ASAP. Beware of spoilers. It's funny, fun and exciting.

Steven Weintraub@colliderfrosty 12h12 hours ago
    Not going to say much till I see it again but rest assured THE FORCE AWAKENS is the best STAR WARS since 1983...maybe 1980.

Amy Hennig@amy_hennig 11h11 hours ago
    J.J. nailed it. #StarWarsForceAwakens is wonderful.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  22. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001

We need more.

The truth is all of us SW nerds are going to enjoy this the first go around, unless your mind is made up before you go in.

23. Justrec

Jun 13, 2014
    These are just from the permiere. The actual press screening is today. Be prepared for another huge drop.

24. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I'm aware. I knew people there last night and I know people who are seeing it in a few hours (maybe as I type). There will be a lot of these kneejerk reactions until more measured reviews are posted on the 16th.

25. Justrec

Jun 13, 2014
    This is something I very much expected from this film and am glad to see there's an amazing final shot that's going to leave us all in awe.

Dak Oolron likes this.