main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation ***TFA SPOILERS*** What are your theories for Episode VIII? ***TFA SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Raz Zaphon, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Supreme Leader mavjade has given her blessing for this.

This thread contains FULL SPOILERS for THE FORCE AWAKENS.

PLEASE NOTE: At this time the NSA rules for TFA spoilers still apply to this forum. This particular thread is the sole exception.

DO NOT POST THE FORCE AWAKENS SPOILERS ANYWHERE ELSE IN THIS FORUM.

This thread is for spoiler-free discussion (relative to those who have seen The Force Awakens) of Episode VIII. Seeing as TFAs forum is a splinter of the Spoilers Allowed forum I don't trust the discussion over there to be free of leaks from unwitting spoiler forum patrons. This will be particularly hazardous in January when shooting for Episode VIII resumes.

Additionally, TFAs forum is big and scary right now and moving very quickly. It would be nice to resume discussion with some of the familiar handles from this community.

Official info:

http://www.starwars.com/news/rogue-...on-to-write-and-direct-star-wars-episode-viii

Here is an audio interview with Rian Johnson containing his perspective on the saga. His interview starts at around 37:00.

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/f/b/3/fb3...50580926&hwt=9be82b159fe6b54dd5ce34ef77f5681c

So, with all that in mind... Episode VIII: What are you expecting to see?

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  2. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    Rey trains with Luke. Finn and Poe go on bromantic adventure and fight Phasma, who has a bigger role in this as Finn's arch nemesis. Lando returns for this film to avenge Kylo's death with Chewy.

As for villains, I don't know really. Kylo continues his search for Rey and Luke? Who will Benicio del Toro be playing? Who is the new female lead? There's not a lot for us to go on right now.

3. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Perhaps Benicio del Toro is playing Snoke? Andy Serkis looks quite busy.

4. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    Would love to see Ep VIII surprise us by beginning with a flashback to Rey's childhood at the New Jedi Academy and the Knights of Ren killing all of the Jedi and then she wakes up and is with Luke in the midst of her training.

Meanwhile, Kylo has been off training with Snoke and continues his search for Luke.

Finn and Poe go on a search for...something. General Hux and Captain Phasma?

5. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    We don't need flashbacks. I feel like the force vision was enough to give us an idea of what went down. Some helpful exposition is all we really need.

6. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003

Interested in who del Toro will be playing.

Perhaps the female lead is Rey's mother in flashback?

Also, I wonder if Maz will be in the next film?

7. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    First, whoever thought of this thread, you're awesome! That TFA forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Anyway, I can't help but think that Kylo Ren got pretty messed up in his lightsaber duel, any guesses whether he has any robotic limbs or other cybernetic health aids?
    Also, I would think we get to move a few years into the future, Finn is more integrated into the Resistance, Poe is just more awesome, and let's hope Rey gets more training from Luke than the couple weeks he got on Dagobah. I can just hear him now "Kid, you don't know how good you've got it on this sunny, green island. I learned the Jedi arts in a slimy mudhole!"

Raz Zaphon and Lazy K like this.
  8. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003

I hope not. I want to see what Luke says as Rey hands him his lightsaber.