main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD New Story Board Tagging System- Please Read!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Dec 11, 2015.

1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I go away for two days and come back to find that we're getting new toys! Yay! :D

mavjade and Chyntuck like this.
  2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    So, if the tag has "Legends" in the title, it will be EU and George Lucas' films material;

And if the tab has "New Canon" in the title, it will be material based on Disney's take on the Saga?

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I've added a few examples to the first post. Some of them are the move straight forward examples, and some are of the more grey areas. I hope they help anyone who may still be confused! :)

The Legends tag should be used for anything based on what is considered Legends by LFL, so the old Expanded Universe: Books, comics, games. So if it's a storyline based on something that happens in the old EU, or uses a character from old EU as a basis for the story, it would use the Legends tag.

If it's what is considered canon now: So all of the movies, The Clone Wars, Rebels, new books/comics/games, as well as any AU that isn't specifically based on the Legends timeline, it goes in the other tags. We've taken out the "New Canon" part of the title and they are now Before the Saga and Beyond the Saga.

4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Would be nice to have at least one example with new characters from cartoons, comics and books. Otherwise, awesome!

Послато са SM-J500FN уз помоћ Тапатока

mavjade likes this.
  5. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Very good idea! Thanks! I was trying to figure out if I had left anything major out, and I did leave that out. I've added an example with a character from the new books.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  6. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    The new tags are live and you should be able to use them!
    We have a limited color scheme to use, but we may play around with them a bit. Don't be alarmed if the tags change colors a few times.

Edit: You guys can change your own tags to the new system, but if you have issues, please let us know and we're happy to help!

Ewok Poet and Admiral Volshe like this.
  7. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I've already begun manually editing, them. I love playing with all the new toys!

8. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Cool toys! :D Already changed the prefix on one of my stories that didn't depend on Legends material.

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    So despite threads in SWC seeming to point to the prequels being disowned by Disney, or the J J Abrams camp, we can be certain that Episodes I to III are still canon?

10. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I have no idea what people are saying that, but LFL has said for sure that all 6 already released movies, all new movies, new books, new comics are canon.

Ewok Poet and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes, they are still canon. This is the original news release regarding the new canon/legend divide. Basically, almost anything that the great GL created himself, Disney is honoring as canon.

Edit: ninja'd by Mav.

Ewok Poet and mavjade like this.
  12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Many thanks for the confirmation.

Edit 19/12/2015: Briannakin - Just starting to change my tags. Just occurred to me, if a fic is in response to a challenge, and thus has a link to it from within the challenge thread, will I have to amend the link once I have changed the tag?

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    No, the link will still go to the story, even if the title or tag changes

14. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    The link is tied to the number added at the end of the thread name. That number represents the thread's unique content ID in the database; and the said ID remains the same even if you change it from "My cool story" to, say, "Fried Aurean vulture thighs". That's what MOD_REWRITE is set to, and nothing else impacts the URL.

[​IMG]

Tarsier, Sith-I-5, Exeter and 3 others like this.
  15. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    ...and this explains what the new tagging system meant when I looked at the fic board yesterday. Thank you. :)

mavjade likes this.
  16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Issue detected.

At the moment, the coloured tabs available for individual selection, are Before, Saga, Beyond, Mod!Challenge.

When I go into Saga, to better find my stuff, the threads that I amended to...whatever the new relevant Saga tab is, or are, not coming up, so I cannot find my amended threads by going into Saga.

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Admin has to change the tags at the top, so right now we are aware the filter by tag system doesn't work.

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay-dokey.

19. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005

You can always (if they show up on the front page) click on a tag in front of a story to sort by that tag.

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you!

21. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    The filter by tag system works if you click on a tag next to a story title instead of the top of the page, but clicking on the Saga tag will give you only the stories that are tagged plain Saga, not those that are tagged 'Saga-OT' or 'Saga-Legends' (if that makes sense).

EDIT: Ninjaed!

whiskers likes this.
  22. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I assume that any 'Jedi Apprentice' fics are now 'Before Legends'. But what about any fics about PT characters that are only based on them and OCs? Is that 'Before Saga'?

I don't know if any new pre-Saga material is coming out or not.

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    It you want to change them to/make them Before Saga, that is fine.

24. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I'm scratching my head ..... what does the ST stand for in "Saga ST"? Something Trilogy?

25. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Sequel Trilogy

Nyota's Heart and Force Smuggler like this.