main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Knights of Ren

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I doubt she's more powerful. Didn't GL say that Luke had the same potential as Anakin? And with Anakin having lost half of his midichlorians Luke could become more powerful given time. He isn't more powerful in ROTJ, he wins because Vader for reasons good and bad didn't want to kill his son. Also, he underestimated Luke's fury when he taunted Luke by saying he'd corrupt the sister.

If Rey and Ren are siblings or cousins, they should have he same Force potential as Anakin and Luke if my original premise is true. Rey probably had training before and her Force abilities are awakening. Ren worries she'll become more powerful. Ren is injured badly, for reasons good and perhaps bad doesn't want to kill her. She remembers Maz's discourse on the Force. Opposite of Kenobi in TPM, she calms down at the ledge and then taps into the dark side, surprising and overpowering Ren as did Luke in ROTJ. Kenobi, if you'll recall, in TPMtaps into the dark side after Maul kills Jinn, but calms down when hanging from the ledge.

La Calavera likes this.
  2. Laxalt

Laxalt Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2015
    This is what I got from that scene also. When Ren said 'Thank you', I originally thought it was to do with Han helping him to overcome his fears of doing what he does but WITHOUT his mask. Now it seems that it's more to do with resisting the temptation of the light. Suppose they go hand in hand really.

3. HaloBurn

HaloBurn Jedi Knight

Jun 9, 2015
    Looks like the Knights of Ren could be an order of force sensitive mandelorians or based off of them, this would explain the mandelorian armour they wear and seems to be backed up in the cannon here: http://imgur.com/tn8hHJ6
    Kylo's saber design is from the scourge of Malchore and further backed up here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Scourge_of_Malachor

Perhaps Snoke is some kind of Mandelorian force user.

4. Java_The_Hutt_

Java_The_Hutt_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2015

Oh wow, I never even thought of that. I love that idea. I am all for Disney going in a different direction and ditching the whole Sith/rule of two idea. It's time for a new era of Star Wars and the Knights of Ren should be it. Of course the Sith should still be referenced as they are a part of Star Wars history but its time to move on and evolve.

This is a passage from the Force Awakens Visual Dictionary about the Knights of Ren.

"The archetype of a new generation of dark side users that have emerged to fill the void left by the Sith's demise"

I couldn't be happier with where Disney is taking Star Wars.

5. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    There were 2 I was able to find where it seems to be all of them together.
    This, where the caption calls them "The Seven Light"
    [​IMG]
    And this where a caption calls them "the gang" (as in the "the gang the Jedi Killer fell in with as a young man").
    [​IMG]
    It was noted that both of these images weren't approved concept and there were still months to go before a final version was approved. It seems to me the knights we saw in the film ended up being a bit of a mixture of these two concepts.

What I find interesting is that they were always "Seven", and that was without Kylo among their number. And as we know, in the vision we see Kylo standing with them and there are only 6 others with him. But we also know he had just killed someone in that vision, and all signs are now pointing to that guy also having been a Knight of Ren. I got confirmation directly from Mark Stanley on twitter, asking if he played that guy who Kylo stabbed in the vision. He said yes, it was definitely him. And apparently Stanley isn't just credited as a "knight of ren" on imdb but also on the actual official credits that play after the movie... I haven't verified this myself but next time I see the movie I will.
    It's strange that Stanley's character doesn't wear a mask like all the others do in that vision, but it does look about 99% certain now that he was one of the knights, that Kylo took him out from behind while he was in the middle of attacking someone else. Maybe his outfit was based a bit off the design of the center knight in the first image above, the guy who's wearing a huge hat and carries some kind of staff (he had a very similar looking weapon in the movie).

Also of interest to me was this concept of the "Young Jedi Killer". Which is why I still strongly believe Kylo was in his teens when he joined Snoke and the KoR.
    [​IMG]

nld3, MattOrgana, Abounder and 4 others like this.
  6. IrisBest

Nov 1, 2015
    So I saw the film again tonight and saw for myself that Mark Stanley is indeed a "Knight of Ren" in the official credits. It's definitely not just an imdb thing.

This is where he kindly confirmed to me on twitter that he was the guy who Kylo killed in the vision.

DL44Jo likes this.
  7. Athiest_knight

Athiest_knight Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Here's why Rey might or could be more powerful then Kylo. Luke is stronger in force than Leia. Rey's mom could also be a a strong force user (surviving hiding Jedi??). Han had none.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  8. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Dave Filoni at one point said that there were connections between Rebels and TFA, but that they wouldn't be obvious on-screen. I think the KOR are some form of the inquisitors. They search out Force sensitives and either recruit them, or kill them. I have a theory that Snoke is trying to build an army of Force sensitives. In my theory, Finn is one.

9. Ryan Hunt

Ryan Hunt Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 11, 2013
  10. IrisBest

Nov 1, 2015
    That's what Mark Stanley was credited as on imdb for a long time. It was his codename (like how Kylo was "Jedi Killer", Rey was "Kira", and Maz was "Rose"). When the film came out and with it the official credits, he went from clan leader to knight of ren.

Ah and interesting, Hidalgo's confirming that the vision was not Luke's "academy". :)

nld3, 7starlight and Ryan Hunt like this.
  11. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    He just confirmed what we knew before from MSW, that the scene of Luke with R2 is after the academy attack and the KoR scene with Kylo killing this 'Clan leader' is not from the academy attack. ;)

12. Blueandwhite

Blueandwhite Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 25, 2005

Honestly, I'm hoping that the Knights of Ren are a splinter fraction of Luke's academy who left when Snoke emerged. With the New Republic in shambles it would be cool to see some force sensitive warriors assert themselves as feudal lords ruling over different systems of the galaxy. I also hope that we see some survivors from Luke's academy who are living in exile to avoid Snoke and the Knights of Ren. Perhaps Finn or Poe could encounter one of these exiles and help them find their way to the Resistance. When the sequels were announced I was hoping that Luke would have created something of a legacy (good or bad) so it was disappointing to hear that there weren't going to be more Jedi in TFA.

The idea of having an order of dark Jedi instead of simply having two Sith Lords seems interesting to me.

ShaneP and DL44Jo like this.
  13. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Going off (false) memory? Luke is as strong an Anakin Force potential wise. Despite being half blood. :) Shouldn't Leia? And thus Rey and Ren if they're siblings or cousins.

14. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    But isn't Snoke Plagueis?

Little_Boots likes this.
  15. Pluvial

Pluvial Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    The problem with assuming Kylo has Anakin's potential is that the duel makes no sense.

16. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    Also explains why the Warrior didn't have a lightsaber.

Little_Boots likes this.
  17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Seven, hmm? Magnificent.
    :cool:

Little_Boots and MeBeJedi like this.
  18. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    if these guys were originally conceived as a gang, who Kylo joins up with and then leads. Maybe ep8 will feature that Crime City local. Loved the idea of it. It could be cool as a mission for characters to end up there.

edit; also kylo is all about insecurities. He hates that Han is his father. That Han is a disappointment to him. A non-force user in the family. Having Kylo with lesser ability than Rey would drive him nuts. That's what he fears. That he won't be as good as Vader, or Rey. Or anyone.

19. Athiest_knight

Athiest_knight Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Luke and Lea are full blood brother and sister...same mom and dad. Luke was trained by Obi won and Yoda. Lea wasn't.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah maybe the Knights of Ren are the "bad guys" in Ep VIII whilst Kylo trains / recovers. then Our Heroes basically take them all out, one by one, Kill Bill style. Basically an entire stalk and chase Star Wars movie of Rey murdering Knights of Ren in the back. That would be hardcore.

Abounder likes this.
  21. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    By half blood I was referencing Harry Potter. Neither Padme nor Han were Force sensitive. Anakin was conceived by the Force. But, IIRC, GL said Luke's Force potential wasn't diluted.

22. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    No. Even Palpatine was afraid of Luke, which is why he wanted Vader to kill him. "The son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi"

This has no weight in the OT, and isn't even true throughout the Saga. "Judge me by my size, do you?"

[​IMG]

7starlight likes this.
  23. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    An R-rated Star Wars would be so nice.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder if Ren holocrons exist.

25. buffs92

buffs92 Jedi Master

Sep 26, 2003
    JJ said Snoke is not connected to Palpatine, so no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedi Older Code likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.