main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Beautiful - L/M, Lando/Tendra - Fic-gift for Jedi_Lover

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by mavjade , Jan 2, 2016.

1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Title: Beautiful
    Author: mavjade
    Genre: Fluffy-ish,
    Timeline: Legacy,
    Characters: Luke/Mara, Lando/Tendra
    Notes: This is for the Winter Holiday Fic-Gift Exchange. I'm pinch hitting for someone that had some extenuating circumstances and wasn't able to write. This is for Jedi_Lover she requested:

1. A huge misunderstanding
    2. Two people in an awkward situation
    3. A happy ending
    Don't want: Luke in a romantic relationship with anybody other than Mara Jade
    Characters: Mara and Luke together

I hope you enjoy!
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________​

Mara Jade was not particularly looking forward to the event she and her husband were walking into. She had been attending this type of affair her entire life, but as a young woman she often had a mission to occupy her mind, now all she had was small talk and being nice to people she did not particularly care for. Luckily, this type of events had become more infrequent over the last few years, but this one had not been avoidable.

She was wearing a dark green dress with a beaded bodice, the neckline dipping into a V shape, black lace rose from the bottom of the full length skirt tapering off as it reached closer to the waist. Her hair was pinned up with only a few tendrils curling around her face.

"Have I told you, you look beautiful?" Luke whispered as he placed a light kiss to her ear. He wore all black, but instead of his normal linen fabric, his pants and tunic were made of Surrep wool, a gift from Leia for just such occasions. His lightsaber was concealed under a flap of fabric that looked as though it was just part of the tunic but still made for easy access should the need arise.

Mara turned her head to look Luke in the eye, "Are you just trying to distract me from the situation?"

"Just trying? No. You do look beautiful, as always."

"Thank you," she said with somewhat of an uncharacteristic shyness. "And to answer your question, yes you have, but I wouldn't mind hearing it a few more times."

Walking into the ballroom Luke and Mara looked around, a habit of examining your surroundings they shared. There were different size and height tables throughout the back part of the massive hall, bars scattered throughout the room and an open dance floor in the middle. Fine silk drapery hung from the tall ceilings, giant chandlers cast a soft gold glow to the room and the windows had color reflective glass that looked as though they were paintings. There were obviously armed guards at the door where they had entered and not quite so obviously armed security stood around the room.

There were quite a few people already milling about, the din of conversation almost drowning out the soft music being played by a live band to one side of the room. Luke looked around for Leia wanting to tell her they had arrived. No doubt she had quite a few people she wanted to introduce him to and he figured it was better to get the worst part out of the way as early as possible.

"I'm going to need a drink if we're going to be here all night," Mara said as she nodded to the closest bar. "You find Leia and then I'll come rescue you soon."

"Thank you," Luke said as he gave Mara a brief kiss on her lips and walked toward the middle of the room to find his sister. Luke knew that Mara was not a fan of such events, not that he was either, but as the Grand Master of the Jedi Order, it was sometimes necessary to play politician, as much as loathed to play that part. He'd make it up to his wife later, he was sure she could find plenty of ways to torture him.

Mara stepped up to the bar and ordered a Ithorian sour. It was a strange drink made with a fruit from Ithor that at first tasted very bitter to humans, but then ended with a hint of sweet as the kick from the fermented fruit hit the back of your tongue. She looked around a bit as she waited for her drink not really seeing anyone she knew. She turned to face the bar as her drink was set in front of her. She was taking her first sip when she felt someone come up behind her.

"My, my, my, if it isn't the exquisite Mara Jade," the familiar voice said as it came right up behind her.

"Lando," Mara said as she turned to face him. "Charming as always. What brings you to such an event?"

"Oh, parties such as this one can be quite lucrative for me, I always do my best to attend." He reached his hand up and pushed a piece of hair that had fallen down around her face, "If it's possible you look more lovely than the last time we saw each other. "

Mara reached up and grabbed his hand, "If you want to see anyone else this evening, you better keep your hands to yourself."

"Is it a crime for a man to tell a woman how beautiful she looks?"

Mara tightened her grip on his hand, she knew it would be mildly painful, "Touch me again and we'll find out."

"And just what is going on here?" Came a third voice just behind Lando.

"Tendra!" Lando responded pulling his hand out of Mara's. "Have you ever met the lovely Mara Jade?"

Tendra took a look at Mara, her eyes boring into the other woman's, and then turned back to Lando. "You think it's okay to be so intimate with your ex-girlfriend when you've brought someone else?"

"Hold on now" Lando said at the same time Mara spoke, "Ex-girlfriend?"

"I don't mind that you flirt Lando," Tendra continues without listening to their objections, "it's part of your charm. But this is going too far."

"Tendra, I think you are mistaken," Lando begins to correct.

"I doubt I am," Tendra continued, "it was all over the holonews. Lando Calrissian and Mara Jade, in a relationship."

"Yes, it was," Mara agrees, "because we wanted it to be. It was a cover." They had been together for the public so they could gather info for the Smugglers Alliance. Mara had to admit, it had been quite successful, but it was not something she had particularly enjoyed. She did not despise Lando nearly as much as she made it seem, it was almost their banter. He would flirt, she would threaten they'd discuss their lives and then go on their way.

"So you have no feelings for each other?"

Mara scoffed, "Only if you count barely tolerating as having feelings."

Tendra turned to look at Lando, "And you?"

"She is a thing of beauty," he started before noticing the looks on the two women's faces. "But no, no feelings."

Tendra smiled as she held out her hand to Mara, "I'm Tendra Risant, It's a pleasure to meet you."

"And you as well," Mara said as she reached to shake Tendra's hand. "As much fun as this has been, I think my husband needs rescuing from his sister." She nodded her head toward Lando, "Good luck with this one."

"Thanks, I think I just might need it." Tendra responded. While she had been furious when she watched the man she was dating getting so close to another woman, she could tell even after their brief discussion that there was not anything between them.

Watching as Mara left, Tendra leaned into Lando's side, "So that's the lucky woman who managed to get Luke Skywalker?"

Lando laughed, "More like he managed to get her, it was quite the story. He's a lucky man."

Tendra raised an eyebrow wondering if he really did have feelings for the other woman.

"But I'm luckier," he added as he smiled lovingly at her.

"Good comeback," She laughed and slipped her arm into his. "Let's stick together before you flirt with another woman and I'm forced to leave you here."

"I think that sounds like a lovely idea. Shall we dance?"

"I'd love to."

~*~*~

Mara walked over to where Luke was talking with his sister and some diplomat. "I'm very sorry to interrupt," Mara said in the most polite voice she could manage. "I need to pull Luke away for a few minutes."

Luke made his apologies and walked away with his wife, "Thank you. I don't know how much longer I could stand to hear about renovations to his chambers."

"My saving you was what saved me this time," Mara said as they walked toward the dance floor. "I met Lando's newest lady and it was quite the awkward introduction."

"Oh?" Luke asked.

"Lando was being himself, and she thought he was trying to get back with his ex-girlfriend."

"Well you look so beautiful, I can't blame him for wanting you back."

"Not you too," Mara sighed, "it was a cover."

Luke laughed, "I know. I don't think I could ever see you and Lando together, you'd kill him in two days."

"Probably more like two hours." Mara looked over to where Lando and Tendra were dancing nodding her head and spinning them around so Luke could see the other couple. "I think she might be good for him, she'll keep him in line."

"Good, he deserves to be happy," Luke admitted. He and Lando had never been all that close, but he knew the man deserved to be happy just as Luke himself was.

They continued to dance and on occasion speak with diplomats and senators Leia brought over to introduce, but they continue to stick by each others side for the rest of the evening. After several hours Luke could tell that Mara done with the small talk and niceties.

"How about we go home and I tell you in detail how beautiful you look," he whispered in Mara's ear.

"I like the sound of that," Mara smiled putting her arm in his. "Lead on, Master Skywalker."

~End

Chyntuck, Annia Piet and Jedi_Lover like this.
  2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Awesome! Thank you so much. Poor Lando had two women fighting...one to keep him and other one to get him the hell away from her. Lol! Excellent story!

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love Luke and Mara stories. Yours had such depth showing their relation. And it was fun to see Lando and Tendra in the mix

4. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Ooh, interesting missing scene to see Mara and Tendra meet for the first time. And Lando - he never changes, does he?!

Very nicely done :)

Findswoman and Nyota's Heart like this.
  5. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Loved Mara and Tendra meeting! In my headcanon they become quite good friends, but of course there's always rocky beginnings, with Lando being Lando :p

Findswoman and Nyota's Heart like this.
  6. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    "My saving you was what saved me this time," Mara said as they walked toward the dance floor. "I met Lando's newest lady and it was quite the awkward introduction."

That was funny.

And this looks like a thing many people will enjoy, beyond just the recipient!

leiamoody and Findswoman like this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :) [face_sigh] [face_sigh] :) !!!!!!! SQUEE! L/M still/always will make me SQUEEE! Wonderful inclusion of all the fic-elements with on-point characterizations. [face_love]

8. bkwrm752003

bkwrm752003 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 26, 2006
    I loved it. A short and sweet story. I liked your take on Mara's and Tendra's first meeting.:)

9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh, this was just so much fun! I love these four and it's great to see them all together. Very appropriate take on Mara's and Tendra's first meeting.

How many times has Mara had to explain it [face_laugh] It seems like something no one should have believed, yet everyone did a bit to much.

10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Fun! Definitely one heck of a misunderstanding, and it was good for everyone's health that it didn't last all that long, especially given the background history already existing between Lando and Mara. It's always fun seeing Lando and Tendra come up. :)

That Ithorian Sour sounds tasty—your own creation? If so, do tell us in the Fanon Thread exactly how to make one! :D

Ewok Poet and leiamoody like this.
  11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Thank you for reading and commenting everyone. I was nervous specifically about Tendra. I've never written her before and I was worried I didn't remember her well enough to do her justice.

Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it!
    Just what Lando would want... okay, maybe he'd want them fighting for him. It was something I just couldn't let go when I thought about that being the misunderstanding.

Thank you! I've always loved the dept of Luke and Mara's relationship and always hope to show it, even in little ways. Tendra/Lando was a first for me.

Nope, I don't think Lando will ever change no matter what changes in his life. I thought it would be fun to see the two of them meet... and not under the best of circumstances.
    Thanks!

My headcanon is the same! It's actually Mara, Tendra and Mirax BFF club. :p And yeah, Lando just can't help himself,lol.
    Thank you!

Thank you! I wanted Luke to know that he was actually doing her a favor rather than the other way around.
    I hope it is something that many people can enjoy!

Thanks so much! I'm glad this was squee worthy... I felt as though it was a little lacking but couldn't get more. I like your emoticon review of events... it makes me smile!

Thank you! I like the idea of the two of them meeting with a misunderstanding that Lando wasn't helping any.

This was the first time I've written Tendra and I was quite nervous about it, but the bunny wouldn't let me write anything else. And yeah, poor Mara will never live that assignment down. I too always wondered how everyone believed it so easily, but maybe they thought it was a case of opposites attract?
    Thanks so much!

Thank you! Yeah, if things had gone on with the misunderstanding, it could have gotten really ugly. (Thought that might have been fun too! :p)
    The Ithorian Sour is my own creation. I only kinda have an idea of it, but am thinking about trying to make one in real life (or as close as I can). When I do, I'll share!

Findswoman likes this.
  12. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Mara and her idea of relationships and men [face_laugh]

That was quite an encounter between Mara and Tendra. I'd hate to be caught in the middle -- and even more so if I were Lando! I can just imagine them going on and on and on for, well, forever or until Mara decides to find a somewhat less diplomatic solution to the situation :p

=D=

Nyota's Heart and Findswoman like this.
  13. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    I've always really liked Tendra :cool: Seems to me anyone who can handle Lando is legit!! But I love her acceptance of Mara's explanation because she is (in many ways) like Mara and understands men and women and the differences between them!!

Lovely gift!!! @};-