main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge 9th Annual (2015) Winter Holiday Fic-Gift Exchange - Mav needs a favor!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I've updated the index.

If you haven't contacted me about how your fic gift is going, I've just sent out a little reminder PMs just so it doesn't fall off your radar. (I don't think I sent one to anyone who has posted, if I did, please ignore). If you don't think you'll get your fic-gift done it's okay, things happen, but please let me know as soon as possible so we can find someone else to write it. I want everyone to receive their fic-gift.

Chyntuck, Findswoman and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    And this is where I wish I hadn't waited until the last week, because the plot summary has ballooned to four chapters and still counting, and two of the three requested elements don't show up until the third chapter. Looks like I'm going to have a busy week. 8-}

Chyntuck, Ewok Poet and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Whoever they are, they must be very lucky!

Nyota's Heart and jcgoble3 like this.
  4. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
  5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    If you were writing for her and I know who is writing for two authors I regularly read; I think I am able to determine all remaining combos.

Admiral Volshe and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, I definitely must read that for Shira! Has a nice mythological sound to the title. =D=

Chyntuck and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh that was scrumptious! Just what my mush-loving self just thrives on! :) :)

Chyntuck and Annia Piet like this.
  9. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I don't want to be the last, so I should probably stop editing this to death.

10. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
  11. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I am working on it! Got a migraine shipped priority from Chaos, but I'm still working. :p

In that vein... Shira A'dola posted mine and it is so sweet! :D I just have to say how much I love it...again. :p

Chyntuck, Shira A'dola and Ewok Poet like this.
  12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Same here - extreme migraine and the only thing I did not buy before the first snowstorm in nearly four years was the headache-suitable painkiller. :p

That and I did not like the original story I wrote, as it was not special enough, so I'm rewriting it completely. #madwriter

A question for mavjade: Finds told me that you told her that it would be better to give these stories their own separate threads. I'm not keen on new threads in general, but I can see how this would make sense here. Therefore, am I to do this? Thanks.

13. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005

You don't have to, but I'd rather it be in it's own thread. That way it's more like a gift for the person rather than another story that someone has written... so it's theirs rather than yours, even though you've written it, if that makes sense. Also, it makes it much easier for them to just search for (when we get a search feature back) in the future. They can just search titles with their name and it will pop up.

Chyntuck and Findswoman like this.
  14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Thank you.

It would make sense to add that to the OP next time around.

Findswoman likes this.
  15. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm so used to most people putting new stories in individual threads, I didn't even think about it until Findswoman asked, and by then I didn't want to add something so late in the challenge. I'll add it in next year.

16. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Admiral Volshe and Findswoman like this.
  17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
  18. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
  19. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    The index has been updated on the first page.

Thank you all for another successful fic-gift exchange! =D= I hope everyone had fun!

20. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Thank you very much for all the work organising it mavjade, and also to Jedi_Lover for my gift, which is still making me smile now :)

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I think my gift this year, and all the other entries are the bestest - the entries seem to get better each time! =D= :D

Chyntuck, Ewok Poet and Annia Piet like this.
  22. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    One error I noticed: "Tookas in a Box" is listed with the wrong recipient (it should be Admiral Volshe, not Chyntuck). :)

Chyntuck likes this.
  23. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Fixed. Thanks! Not sure how I did that. 8-}

Chyntuck likes this.
  24. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I'm going to be reading all this tonight. 2015 has been a great vintage! [face_love]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  25. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

I thought about this, too. Not that there was anything wrong with last year's entries, but this year, there seemed to have been more variety. And wow, two are really long and I'm pretty sure that the remaining one waiting to be posted is long. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.