main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Saga - Legends 140 Characters – Darth Vader’s Twitter Feed | ANH, humour

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Chyntuck, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Title: 140 Characters
    Author: Chyntuck
    Timeframe: ANH
    Characters: Darth Vader
    Genre: Humour
    Summary: The story of ANH, told through Darth Vader’s Twitter feed.
    Notes: Started for the Dear Diary Challenge 2016 (but then dropped out, because 2016!). I’ll be updating whenever I feel like doing a bit of photoshopping.

[​IMG]

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I am looking forward to this one

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    lol! I love it. That is the most unusual diary I've ever seen. Great job. Is this all photoshop or did you set up twitter feeds for the various characters and you are talking to yourself? I don't do twitter so I don't know how it works.

AzureAngel2, Falcon and Chyntuck like this.
  4. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I can't wait to see reactions on when the Death Star is blown up. This is a very creative diary :D

5. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    This is hilarious! I am definitely following this!

Given the use of GrS dates and the 17.1B followers, I'm going to say Photoshop.

That said, the same effect could also be achieved in Firefox by editing the DOM through the Inspector (right-click > Inspect Element), which is why you should never blindly trust a screenshot of a webpage even if it doesn't appear to be Photoshopped. ;)

6. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I knew some of the stuff was photoshopped, but I didn't know if she was altering a twitter page that actually existed. That probably would be much easier. Either way it is funny.

AzureAngel2, Chyntuck and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    Hahaha this is pure gold. I know almost nothing about twitter but this looks like a great and original entry for DDC. Looking forward to Vader's updates!

8. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I just noticed the #LimmieCup hashtag in the lower right. As a player in an RPG centered around limmie (see the link in my signature), this pleases me. :D

9. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    "More information on dark-side.com...." Bwahaha! [face_laugh] This is priceless! Excellent job of Photoshopping. I need to show this one to Mr. Baiard; I had him reading Emo Kylo Ren tonight. (I will make a SW geek out of him yet!)

AzureAngel2, Chyntuck and jcgoble3 like this.
  10. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Oh my goodness, what did I start? I never expected that this "story" would get actual reviews, I thought I'd just be tweeting to the cosmos every couple of days [face_laugh] Thanks everyone!

Jedi_Lover It's all Photoshop, which was easier than starting a gazillion Twitter accounts (not to mention that all the good Twitter handles are already taken) but I did use a RL profile page as a starting point for the image above obviously, and I borrowed the avatar from @DepressedDarth (he or she is a must-follow if you ever join Twitter).

gaarastar58 Should I insert a short explanation about how Twitter works in the OP? I live in Twitterland, so I tend to assume that everyone else does too.
    I have no idea what you said there :confused: :p

Oh, and the #LimmieCup trending topic was actually inspired by your signature.
    It's never too late to start the propaganda [face_mischief]

AzureAngel2, Kahara and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
  12. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Awesome. I can just see Vader stalking across the deck of the star destroyer, head down, checking his phone for updates. He has an older model Android just because it hurts more.

13. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Ha! This is hilarious, and a very unique format for a diary!

14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    why hasn't Tattooine been blasted yet :p

I bet Vader would love to see that happen

15. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    This is definitely something interesting and different! I love how Jabba got a word in edgewise to the last update—he is just as much a galactic bigshot, in his way, as any of those Sithy and Imperial and bigwigs. And lower-right corner list of trending topics is a fun little touch; I smiled to see Wynssa Starflare mentioned on there, and I have to admit the "Rebellion Songs" have me kind of curious.

Little does Vader know at this point that all he might need to do to find those plans is start following "@Artoo"! :D

Kahara, AzureAngel2, Falcon and 2 others like this.
  16. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I love that the Tantive IV has time to tweet while under attack. [face_laugh]

And of course Jabba sticks his nose into this. How typical of him. I'm surprised that self-important oversized slug didn't tweet in Huttese. :p

Kahara, AzureAngel2, Falcon and 2 others like this.
  17. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    [face_laugh] I like it!

18. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    This is a great idea! In my decade or more here, this is the first thread I have thought about getting a link or "follow" to.

Great attention to detail, such as the Rebellion Songs, although Darth would not be into them, trending lists tend to be independent of the page owner. The second update was even funnier.

Did not see the Limmie reference, but great that you thought to put it there.

Well done.

Kahara, AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  19. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I love this kind of stuff! I've often thought of doing a Luke Skywalker twitter, but I lack the photoshop skills and I follow Mark Hamill so it's basically the same thing ;)

Love that Artoo is a recommended follow.

Findswoman , AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  20. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Your skill an expertise has lured me back, Chyntuck. Plus earlybird-obi-wan, who writes touching Christmas cards in RL. So count me in!

Kahara, jcgoble3 and Chyntuck like this.
  21. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm going to try to keep the replies shorter than the updates, which is a bit of a challenge :p
    Aaaaand... you just gave me another Photoshop project. I'm on it!

Humorous hashtags about songs or films are a frequent game on Twitter. Have a look for instance at #greekparliamentsongs, a hashtag that took off during an all-night session of the Greek parliament last July.

You'd be surprised with stuff that happens in RL -- a friend of mine tweeted in real time a livestream of the Hellenic Police assaulting her during a demonstration in 2011 :p
    Darn, I should have used the Twitter translate function!

Thanks! I don't think a tag list for this "fic" makes sense, since I'll be updating every couple of days, but if you (or anyone) wants to be tagged, I can do it of course :)

Findswoman likes this.
  22. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
  23. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Your Vader has a very dark humour, but I love him for it. [face_love]

Kahara, Falcon and Chyntuck like this.
  24. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Jabba could have had a minion, or his "Talkdroid" transmit the message. No need for it to be in Huttese unless the recipient speaks the language.

BTW, if you do Alderaan, the tweet needs to cut off in mid sentence!

Loved Vader's LOL from the last update.

AzureAngel2, Kahara, Falcon and 2 others like this.
  25. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Vader's LOL made me LOL. [face_laugh]

But then how would it be sent? [face_thinking]

Kahara and Chyntuck like this.