main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD New Story Board Tagging System- Please Read!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Dec 11, 2015.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay-dokey, I plan to initiate a thread for "TFA-inspired fan fic."

What tag should I put on it, please?

I would have launched it tonight, but was unable to complete my first idea in one sitting.

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Do you mean you are going to write a TFA inspired fanfic? If it mostly takes place within TFA or beyond it would be Saga-ST. If it mostly takes place prior to TFA, it would be Saga-OT. It's up to you where you think it fits better.

If you are more talking about resource type threads, please PM Bri and me with your idea, but it could be Index or Discussion depending on what kind of thread you wanted to host.

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Saga-ST sounds like the ticket.

I'm almost finished, but will maintain the thread for multiple fanfic content in the same era.

Thank you, and just in time. Not far short of completing the first item.

Nyota's Heart and mavjade like this.
  4. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    This is my take on it, to simplify things. I would have kept the old categories as they were, because people are familiar with them, and just had a new one for the Disney stuff, but it's probably a bit late now. The reason for that is it's easier bring in a tag for the new canon, than it is in creating a new one for the old stories on here, and re-tagging them.

Tarsier and Sith-I-5 like this.
  5. Lazy K

Lazy K Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 22, 2012
    I suspect the new system was made with newbies in mind. Oughtta throw 'em in the deep end and let 'em sink or swim, sez I. :p

6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    The new system was done this way because people ARE REALLY BAD at reading instructions, so this way, people were kinda forced to think :p

And for the newbies.

mavjade and Lazy K like this.