main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Theory on Princess Leia = Supreme Leader Snoke

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by georglucass, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georglucass

georglucass Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2015
    Ultimately what needs to be aired out here is who Luke is going to struggle against, to not just be 'glamorous luggage' as JJ Abrahms likes to say.

In a twist the most 'shocking' enemy for Luke would be his own Twin sister; corrupted by control of the Galaxy and morally opposed.
    1. Luke ran away from Leia
    2. He left R2 to spy on her
    3. There is another Skywalker, and Vader said 'if (luke) cannot be turned perhaps she will'
    G

jimtalkbox likes this.
  2. DantooineOrBust

DantooineOrBust Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 2, 2014
    I would put the odds of Princess, err General, Leia going to the dark side at about negative 1 trillion to 1. Don't get me wrong it makes for an interesting concept, but at their roots Star Wars movies are about good versus evil, and if they go the route of many modern movies and clouding that distinction it is going to turn off alot of the average fans. Princess Leia=Good, Luke=Good, Han=Good, Rey=Good, Finn & Poe = Good...besides 'temptation' i do not think you are going to see any of those characters go evil.

3. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Princess Leia = Plagueis...

Totally rad. :cool:

DantooineOrBust likes this.
  4. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    Missing dialogue from Leia and Rey's hug... "And you, young Rey; we shall watch your career with great interest."

5. SithCollections

SithCollections Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 5, 2015
    This is on par with the theory going around that Snoke is the Grand Inquisitor from Rebels.

6. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Nope. Snoke is obviously Aurra Sing.

We had this settled in the aftermath of TPM.

7. Vindaxxus

Vindaxxus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 29, 2000
    Sad thing is they could run with this and as much as I hate to say it......I would be ok with it....

Redimet likes this.
  8. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    You're on to something here. Plagueis is an anagram for Leia Gulps or Leia's Plug.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

jimtalkbox and Dameron like this.
  9. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I think Snoke is Maul, but it is true that Snoke was female at one point ...

10. Cedius

Cedius Jedi Padawan

Dec 14, 2015
    You sure about that? I don't believe that has ever been confirmed. It was stated that at the beginning of writing that they thought about making the big bad sider a female, however, we clearly know Snoke is a male. He's referenced gender specific in the movie. Not everything is always grey in the movies. It's pretty black and white at times.

But back on topic, this theory is just awful. Why do we always have to speculate that someone has a secret identity? There will only be two for this movie, the two main characters, Rey and Kylo. Kylo being a Solo and revealed, and Rey being a Skywalker and revealed in the next film, paying homage back to ESB. (In the words of George Lucas *cringe* "It's kinda like poetry it rhymes.")

Matthew_Wolverine likes this.
  11. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I'm pretty sure Snoke is Liza Minelli.

12. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    I have to say I keep coming back to the idea that Leia could be a very interesting villain in the ST, that Luke could have trained her and she could have turned to the dark side, perhaps even without Luke knowing (at least at first). What if she were pulling a Senator Palpatine? With the New Republic's emphasis on pacifism, Leia feels obsolete. She worries that the New Republic will be too weak to defend itself if a new enemy ever arose... so she invents one. She creates the guise of Snoke, maybe even takes his name from some dead Imperial figure or something, and turns her son Ben to the dark side to help her build an army. Under the guidance of "Snoke," Kylo goes around convincing Imperial factions (like Hux and Phasma) to join their crusade, and the First Order (her version of Palpatine's Separatists) is born. As a response to the new threat of the First Order, she creates the Resistance, hoping to rally the New Republic to her cause and supply her with a grand army. You see, it's like poetry... ;)

Perhaps Luke confronted her about it, but she was too powerful, her influence too great. He tried to warn an oblivious Han, but he sided with Leia. Luke concedes. "Into exile I must go..." Leia uses all her resources as both the Resistance and the First Order to find Luke. Episode VIII starts with Luke high-tailing it off Ahch-To with Rey, and they spend the film on the run from both the Resistance and the First Order.

Oh and to top it all off, Leia reclaims the throne of New Alderaan, fulfilling her arc from fairy tale princess to Evil Queen Leia. :D

Willeke likes this.
  13. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Yeah, the Art of Force Awakens book tells us that they considered making Snoke female at one point.

14. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015

15. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I think there was a concept art of dark Leia some time ago. It is probably also skipped at one point. I could definately see this, especially after losing Han:

[​IMG]

Willeke and Django Fett like this.
  16. kefo1968

kefo1968 Jedi Knight

Jan 2, 2016
    She's the real reason Luke disappeared. He was scared to death after she orchestrated the slaughter of all of his students. Now she's desperately trying to find him to finish what she started. Who better to send than her dark apprentice Rey?

jimtalkbox likes this.
  17. DavidSword79

DavidSword79 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    This is really scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of what makes any kind of narrative sense. I suppose she sent Han to try to bring back Ben knowing or suspecting that the son would kill the father as his ultimate dark side test? I'm not buying this for any longer than it takes to say "Yeah, NO."

episodenone likes this.
  18. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    The real question is: is this theory any less possible than Plagueis = Snoke? And: is it just as probable?

If you wanted to, you could probably list a whole series of points that begin to make the scenario seem possible. Just as the Plaguers do.

Lee_ likes this.
  19. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    Very Interesting.

20. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    So she, the women who was willing to suffer and die in order to protect the Rebellion and it's cause, and who watched her own homeworld get blown up by evil fascists, decides to "go dark," and destroy EVERYTHING that she has fought for (by nuking to NR) and found another evil fascist regime? Oh AND send Han, the love of her life and father of her child, to his death, at the hands of his own son? And now she wants her brother dead I guess?

Let me think about this, NO!!!!!

21. DavidSword79

DavidSword79 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    I don't believe that Luke would go into hiding knowing that the leader of the resistance was a Dark Side user who "orchestrated the slaughter of all of his students". Absolutely implausible.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  22. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Hmmm... I think its all in the plan but we're not reading it or should it be interpreting it, I posted an extremely brief outline last week and does it fit with Leia falling to the Dark Side?

To answer the OP.

NO....if there's one thing we can count on it's that Leia is one character who'll resist the temptation to turn to the Dark Side, she's the strongest character in both her will and her ideology. But we'll see a split between our heroes apparently, temptation could figure or even a lack of patience but ultimately a split will be driven by Snoke using his apprentices and sycophants that'll show flawed heroes but not ones with secret evil identities.

jainasky and Wildcatbarry like this.
  23. kefo1968

kefo1968 Jedi Knight

Jan 2, 2016
    I totally don't take this thread seriously.

Araxie, Robert Merrill and Allana_Rey like this.
  24. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Leia is definitely Supreme Leader Smoke. Just listen to her voice. Oooooohhhhhhh! You said Snoke. Eh, then no.

Darth Smurf and DavidSword79 like this.
  25. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    Thrawn082 - I agree I don't want Dark Leia. I want Good Leia.

I was merely refering to kefo1968 statement about Rey being Leia's dark apprentice.

It caught me off guard and became intriguing.

It reminds me of "We shall watch your career with great interest."

Then again the whole sibling rivalry conflict thing hasn't been explored in universe up to this point.

Still want good Leia though. (and good Luke)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.