main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Wookieepedia, the Star Wars wiki

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Le_Sammler, Jul 10, 2005.

1. RogueSix

RogueSix Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2015
    Most likely its just simply because someone hasn't taken the time to write it yet. A lot of the more obscure articles are either stubs or non existent. The wiki definitely needs more contributors.

I just started editing and it has become an addiction. You should try it out of you're not already.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Chunkydumb and CooperTFN like this.
  2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I'm writing for the Star Wars Canon wiki simply because although wookiepedia is great, it is corrupted beyond repair, the moderators aren't helpful generally and actively push new comers away. The jokes are also just stupid, the article on breats for instance. I can't contribute to a system like that.

I did at various times, and created the pages Tiplee, Tiplar, Felicity Jones and Portillo. But even that was a struggle though he who shall not be named kinda shied me away at first and then took over after realising what I was actually telling him and what I needed help with. Though he didn't actually tell me that he would do it for me.

Wookiepedia is also too large so most of the big articles are up quickly and I don't see how I could improve them, mostly it is just grammer and mistakes. Star Wars Canon is a clean slate with nearly everything needing doing. It is one big playground so in theory I could just create pages and pages from one source. I am at the moment writing The Force Awakens article scene by scene, but will then go on and write about the various components of the film.

I invite you to join, it is like a utopian dream but one that is a worthwhile venture. Maybe we will see it overtake wookiepedia.

3. RogueSix

RogueSix Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2015
    Didn't even know this existed. Can you share a link?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

4. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    http://star-wars-canon.wikia.com/

Pretty laid back place. Some edits and articles now and then. No one's in a hurry. Even with everyone working overtime, it'll be many years and future releases before we get anywhere near the amount of content Wookieepedia has, so it has that going for it, at least. ;)

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  5. Chunkydumb

Chunkydumb Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    I would love to start editing but as Darthmaul says below, it is nerve racking to start as the higher ups are so uptight and strict on any changes you may make, even if it is beneficial to the article.

Love the idea of this site. Going to check it out! Is it open to new members?

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  6. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Since the Visual Dictionary only came out a few weeks ago, there's a lot from it that hasn't been created yet. The major stuff generally has, and big/important articles (like New Republic, for instance) has incorporated the info, but not all of the minor subjects are up yet.

If anyone here is ever concerned about making their first edits, feel free to shoot me a PM here and I'd be happy to help you get involved.

CooperTFN likes this.
  7. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

To better fit the storytelling. Scipio was placed in the Core when nothing was known about it other than that it was the homeworld of Rush Clovis. A Core placement seemed to fit based on that, though it wasn't much to go on. When Clone Wars gave us stories actually set on Scipio, we saw that it was a critical IGBC world with a significant Muun presence, so it was moved to a location in the ORT near Muunilinst. Which makes *far* more sense than the Core.

This change was actually made for Ultimate Star Wars -- note it says Scipio is in Albarrio sector, which is in the ORT. The region wasn't changed because of an editing mistake.

8. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Would you have any objection to us citing this post? Wookieepedia lists Scipio as being in the Core on the relevant canon pages, based on that editing mistake, so if you're cool with us citing to your post then we can fix that.

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Speaking of Scipio and Ultimate Star Wars, Wookieepedia cites Ultimate Star Wars as saying that Scipio is San Hill's canon homeworld. Does Ultimate Star Wars actually say that and is it a mistake or not?

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  10. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Just checked - it does indeed say it was his homeworld. Page 78.

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Thank you. That's interesting.

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Official site has him associated with Muunilinst, but not Scipio. But this does not verify it has being his homeworld one way or the other. One wonders, however, why they didn't list Scipio with those other planets, since they have a Scipio page already and no Muunilinst one.

And by one wonders I mean literally just one person.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  13. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Ultimate Star Wars is New Canon isn't it? As far as Legends is concerned, Scipio should be in the Core Worlds.

14. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Go for it!

Brandon Rhea likes this.
  15. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Thanks. Done! http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Scipio

Cracian_Thumper likes this.
  16. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Yes, and it's also obviously without any kind of possible mistakes. I think we need an Infallible canon at some point. :p

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  17. RogueSix

RogueSix Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2015

I checked out the canon wiki. It truly does have some potential but would take light years to match the content on wookieepedia. Not that this is a bad thing, especially for those wanting to help create a wiki from the ground up. As enticing as that is, I think I am going to stick with wookie, especially since they have split up the canon and legacy into two separate sections, they just need contributors to help clean that transition up.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  18. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    What's interesting to me, purely as an observation, is the reaction to what the canon pages currently look like. Like, you won't get any objection from me that they don't have a lot of info at this point, but keep in mind the historical perspective. It took nine years (before the Legends split) to get the Legends side of the site to what it was. It's not entirely reasonable to expect that the canon side is going to be up to that same level of quality and comprehensiveness in less than two years. It's a good goal to strive for, always, but that perspective needs to be kept in mind. It's not really an institutional problem, it's just something that takes a long time.

But because it does take so long, obviously anyone who wants to join in the effort would be great. The more people there are, the faster it will happen!

DarthJaceus and RogueSix like this.
  19. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    If I was interest in the new canon, I would gladly help. For better or worse, Wookieepedia is the only Star Wars wiki for me, unless an EU wiki is made.

20. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Lots of the canon pages that could be expanded are film-only and don't involve information from non-film sources. So if you're interested in contributing film info, there's always the option of expanding those film-specific pages.

21. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I guess I could help with the Saga, not TFA. Though I will probably have a hard time dealing with film stuff that got named in the EU, but hasn't been specifically recanonized yet.

22. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    The canon Bothans page has them listed as appearing at the Resistance HQ in TFA, someone should fix that but I don't want to get into an argument over it.

23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    In case you didn't see the posts before yours, Jason Fry confirmed that Scipio being in the outer rim was intentional.

24. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Not anymore!

That was some random IP who added that info. It wasn't an established community member who could mount an argument.

CooperTFN and darklordoftech like this.
  25. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Yup and I made a joke about USW being infallible when it wasn't. The Story Group just gets treated as such from time to time when they clearly make mistakes.