main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Simpsons

Discussion in 'Community' started by Baron-Noir, Apr 1, 2005.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The Simpsons in its prime could lay claim to being the best sit-com on TV, if not the all-out best show. Alas it lost its way long ago, even with the pretty decent movie it hasn't got back to anything like the quality it used to have. It really should end now, Futurama has shown Groening is obviously talented and still has funny stuff in him so there is no reason to go on flogging a dead horse. I get it makes money, but it always will even with endless re-runs. It works for stuff like Friends after all.
    They can always do another movie in 5 years to create a new surge in merchandise sales.

Either do more new Futurama or something totally different and original, either way The Simpsons needs to be put to bed.

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    When the FX Now app comes out for Roku soon, I'll be able to stream classic Simpsons and see them for the first in a decade or so. [face_dancing]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
  4. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
  5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  6. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    The Simpsons+Lego=Take my money.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Renewed for Seasons 27 & 28.

FOX has announced plans to pick up its long-running animated sitcom "The Simpsons" for a twenty-seventh and twenty-eighth season, bringing the series up to a total of 625 episodes.

In a statement issued by FOX, Homer Simpson says: "I've outlasted Letterman, Jon Stewart and 'McDreamy,' because I have something they don't: a costly 200-donut-a-day addiction."

The animated show already holds the title as the longest-running scripted series in TV history, so the new total has no impact on records.

8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Four more seasons and they pass Last of the Summer Wine, but my god, at what cost?

BigAl6ft6 and Darth Punk like this.
  9. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    To paraphrase something I read elsewhere, when the Simpsons premiered I was about Maggie's age. When it finally goes off the air I might be as old as Homer and Marge.

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    And so it came to pass... except still no Moe or Barney. :(

[​IMG]

(Released a day or two back, I will get them all except maybe Patti & Selma. I have 9 of them already)

11. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Except that that's not actually true. Doctor Who has 34 seasons and over 800 episodes and there are soap operas that have even higher tallys.

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think the article failed to include the usual qualifiers of "prime time" and "North American" (though total runtime might negate the latter?).

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    SNL has been around for nearly 40 years. A little too late for Prime Time, though.

14. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I'd say they're not ready.

Diggy likes this.
  15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Liked not for the post, but for the superb new avatar.

16. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  17. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    No matter what I feel about the declining quality in the last few seasons, The Simpsons really knows how to make awesome opening gags.

Sometimes they're the best part of an episode.

18. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    [face_laugh]

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Playing Simpsons Tapped Out (kinda addicted, really, daily 5 min fix) and one of the funnest character bits is Little Jumpshed (Apu's nephew "how I have waited for this day!" - pulls a shotgun on the bullies) shows up in the game but he's, like a hip college student. The characters in the game mention that it's odd that he's aged to maturity whilst everyone else is still the same.

20. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Happy 30th birthday The Simpsons.

21. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Happy jp-30th

22. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I started watching The Simpsons as a kid when it was the shorts on the Tracy Ulman show. I was like 7 or 8 and it was a cartoon on at Sunday night dangit so I had to sit through the whole thing (Which I barely understood or remembered) just to get to the cartoon bumpers, naturally when the ads started saying The Simpsons had their own show started watching then. And never stopped. Well, okay I may have missed a few episodes but I'd wager I've seen about 90% of all the episodes at least once.

24. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    I used to watch The Simpsons religiously after school when I was a teenager.

25. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Same here. I love that It's on FX now.