main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Most Wanted (not going forward)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rew, Jan 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Marvel has officially confirmed this Agents of SHIELD spinoff starring Adrianne Palicki's Mockingbird:
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=129786

On the one hand: exciting!

On the other, I hope this doesn't hurt Agents by taking away two of their more popular characters (Bobbi and Lance). [face_thinking]

But... I'm pretty confident in Marvel that they know what they're doing. This will be something to look forward to!

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm fine with them getting their own show. AoS should be more about the Inhumans now anyway.

3. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    I'm not sure about this....Bobbi and Hunter are two of the better characters on AoS right now. Will them leaving have an adverse effect on it? Are they actually strong enough characters to sustain a show on their own?

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    There might be something to this that might be a positive effect on both shows. My parents used to watch AOS for the first two seasons but apparently stopped this season because there were too many characters to keep track of- though they'll probably catch up on-demand or on Netflix later on. They're mostly looking forward to Agent Carter now.

Though I found it to be an odd criticism, it did get me thinking that maybe starting to spread the cast out onto two shows (even if MW is a limited series like AC) wouldn't be such a bad idea since it'll allow them to add new characters and focus on the more recent additions without sidelining other characters-with Mack and the new Inhumans getting larger roles, it makes sense to give the roster some breathing room.

Plus, it's not like they'd be banned from showing up on AOS when needed, either. A lot easier for AOS and MW to cross-over than AOS & AC- or for them to return to the show should it ultimately harm the team dynamics too much.

As for whether or not they could sustain their own show... I think so. Hunter has had a very large role during AOS 3.0 so far and I think they spent more time with Bobbi than May in that timeframe as well.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Bobbi & Hunter are becoming so big in the show we're kind of losing track of the OG AoS crew so it would get them back at the forefront, I think clearly the last 2 seasons have demonstrated that Bobbi & Hunter are certainly capable of carrying their own franchise.

I would hope this is a summer show just so we can get Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter & Marvel Most Wanted all through ABC for, like, 10 months straight, that would rule.

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I think Agent of Shield could use some thinning out, as pointed out by HL above, AoS has been moving in the Inhumans direction which means other characters will come into the fold.

As for Most Wanted, I would have preferred it being a Mockingbird solo gig. However, it would appear almost every superhero type TV show needs a support team. Which is one of the many reasons why I like Daredevil and Jessica Jones so much, as their pretty much on their own for the most part.

Anyway, happy to see Bobbi get her own show. I hope someone else calls her an Amazon.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Who will play Atticus in this?

Sarge and TX-20 like this.
  8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They all have a "support team" though, even if they start off solo. Daredevil has 3-4 people, Jessica has (at least by her series halfway point where I am so far) 4-5 people. Hunter may be more of an equal partner than many of them but they all tend to have some sort of team helping them solve a case/perform a mission.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  9. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    This sounds like a horrible idea. At the most I give it one season before its cancelled. God knows it might be cancelled only after 13 episodes.

10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    When it comes to Marvel, ABC gets it's marching orders from Disney to advertise it's shiny Marvel IP as much as they can. ABC may well end up relegating the entire Marvel lineup to Friday night's, true, but Mickey wants Marvel on the TeeVee's.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    dp4m likes this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Nice, Delroy Lindo, that guy was quite ubiquitous in the mid-90s. More of that!

13. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    He was good in Believe. I think he's one of those actors who bring a certain gravitas to a role.

Curious that they've made him Dominic Fortune though, a character who's glory days were in the 30's iirc - I wonder if his character is going to have taken something like the Infinity Formula, or if they've simply moved up his time-line.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Dominic Fortune is a great character. This gives me hope that the series is not going to focus on SHIELD.

dp4m likes this.
  15. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I think I've only read one Dominic Fortune story, though I did find it lots of fun.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Pilot synopsis, potential AOS spoilers:

"[The series] centers on Bobbi Morse (a.k.a. Mockingbird) and Lance Hunter of “Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., two ex-spies and ex-spouses who are on the run with no friends, no S.H.I.E.L.D. and a long list of enemies looking to claim a bounty on their heads.

Able to trust no one but each other, Bobbi and Hunter form an uneasy alliance with Dominic Fortune (Delroy Lindo), a rogue adventurer with a wealth of resources and even more adversaries, who agrees to protect them so long as they help him with his own agenda. These two heroes will help anyone in need, all while trying to uncover the conspiracy that put their own lives in jeopardy."

This actually sounds really fun, especially
    depending on who ends up trying to claim that bounty. If it's an ongoing thing that could open up the door for a lot of interesting villains of the week... but I'm sad that they're severing ties with SHIELD as that will limit potential crossovers...

jabberwalkie and cubman987 like this.
  17. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Okay yeah this sounds pretty good, I'm looking forward to this based on everything I've seen.

18. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    Ooo ooo Adrianne Palicki! I'm in!

19. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    This seems some what applicable to post.
    [​IMG]

20. zero_point_zero

zero_point_zero Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2016
    She's reaaaaally good on AOS. The issue is that her and May kind of occupy the same role on the team so her and Hunter going off on their own makes quite a bit of sense, as others stated it gives the original cast members a bit more breathing room, as well as any new Inhumans joining the cast in the future.

I think that MW occupying the mid season slot is pretty damn likely, as sadly Agent Carter appears to be on the way out :(

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  21. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    So I guess Bobbi and Hunter pulled a Ferris Bueller's Day Off with Lola and now Coulson has a bounty on them?

jabberwalkie likes this.
  22. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Initially I wasn't too keen on the idea of Mockingbird and Hunter leaving AoS, but the idea has grown on me and the synopsis is intriguing. Adrienne Palicki is a badass, enjoyed her in everything I've seen her in so more Mockingbird is a YES for me.

Jhawk117 and zero_point_zero like this.
  23. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    It sounds like "Marvel's The A-Team." I'm, actually pretty OK with that. Also with AOS becoming much more Inhumans/alien-based, characters like Bobbi and Hunter risk being shoved into the background/not being given enough to do. So branching them off (they can still appear on the main show from time to time after all) is probably a good idea.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    First tentative logo:

[​IMG]

25. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    horrid

QueenSabe7 and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.