main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The relationship between Finn and Rey. SEE FIRST POST WARNING

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Devizz, Dec 16, 2015.

1. zero_point_zero

zero_point_zero Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2016
    Yeah exactly, the tone and the context of it were quite different. Kylo seemed to take pleasure in being in control. None of the Jedi present in that scene were doing it because they enjoyed it, just a necessary evil and it was presented as such. In no way is either act commendable. But in Kylos case there seemed to be a layer of sadism and menace involved.

2. Purple Ren

Purple Ren Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2015
    They were forcing Bane to do something against his will. Kylo was gaining access to Rey's thoughts.
    actions vs words

Whether the perpetrator enjoyed it or not has no bearing on the act itself. Does the victim care if the perpetrator enjoyed the act? They suffer the same, regardless.

Forcing someone to do something is more severe than getting information from them.
    actions vs words

3. SandStorm06

SandStorm06 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 3, 2016
    Guys, can you please not feed the troll anymore? Why are you people wasting your energy on pointless arguments with randoms? JJ said it and that's it. Randoms on Internet don't know more than JJ about his own damn movie lmao. JJ clearly knew that information will get out and be talked about. The whole scene was set up in a rape-y context IMO.

4. Purple Ren

Dec 18, 2015
    There's no need for personal attacks in this thread.

5. Beardwalker

Beardwalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2016
    you keep focusing on the violence. violence is only one factor in the situation. and whether or not someone takes joy it the violent act is a BIG factor.

someone comes into your house one night. your strapped and can't move. they say they can take whatever they want and whisper in your ear about how lonely you are at night. how would you feel?

Blastaar likes this.
  6. Ryanpaulstewart

Ryanpaulstewart Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2016
    In TFA, the semiotics of the interrogation scene is clearly rape. It isn't a commentary on Force interrogations. The scene was a symbolic representation of an assault, period.

Sgt. Carver and Nanosoft like this.
  7. Purple Ren

Dec 18, 2015
    Unpleasant. Same as if they start asking me questions, especially if it's things I don't want to answer. However, when they start forcing me to do things, I'd feel even worse.
    Now, in this scenario, do I care how they feel? Do I care if they enjoy it or not? No! I only care how I feel.

Then by that logic, you're going to have to deal with the fact that Obi-Wan is also guilty of mind rape. As is Anakin and Mace Windu. Have fun reconciling that! Unless of course you aren't consistent and don't see their actions as being similar (though more severe) than what Kylo did.

8. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015

"like jj is going to argue with a dying man"

what are you?

9. Blastaar

Dec 25, 2015
    Come off it. The reylo folks always come in here with that garbage. Then when everyone pounces, they run back to the reylo thread and talk about how crazy and hostile canonshippers are. The rape scene is confirmed by the writer/director and the only thing you have is "like he'd argue with a dying man" and "heres an episode of the clone wars where anakin, obi, and windu triple mind trick a seasoned bounty hunter who's actually tortured a jedi to death already.

Gyasi Mandara likes this.
  10. Purple Ren

Dec 18, 2015
    I'm pretty sure personal attacks are against the rules of this board.

A man that's dying (whose situation is so dire that he gets an early screening of the movie) makes an observation about the movie. Even if JJ disagrees with it, it's not like he's going to argue with the man. So, this is hardly a confirmation.

I presented a scene from the Clone Wars where 3 Jedi are shown doing something more severe than what Kylo did to Rey. If you don't think that being forced to do something is more severe than getting information from someone, then we have a serious disconnect that probably won't be resolved, no matter how much we discuss this. It's like the difference between being forced to tell about something embarrassing that happened to you, or being forced to do something embarrassing. Actions vs words. And actions speak louder than.

11. Forgotten Cade

Forgotten Cade Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 3, 2016
    Wow you guys been busy xD so glad I missed that heated disxussion on race lol

But on another note im confused about the latest rumor, is it about them decreasing everyones screen time for just Poe, or is it about them decreasing everyones screen time so that we can focus more time on Rey,Finn, and Poe?

Obiwan10 likes this.
  12. SandStorm06

Jan 3, 2016

So why do guys personally attack us and generalize this thread constantly on other thread? Weren't you the one saying how "Finn/Rey shippers are annoying?" Are "personal attacks" your prerogative? Also, since you refuse to read, it was addressed to the members of this thread, not you. I don't want them to waste their energy. Stop quoting me, I didn't even talk to you. What kind of pointless sensitivity? I am literally not even talking to you. I can't talk to the members on this thread now? WTF is this?

13. Carl Rahl

Carl Rahl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2016

Rye and Finn same time they are the leads but the “new characters” were to much so they are being reduced and most of there stuff is going to Poe.

Darkspellmaster likes this.
  14. Beardwalker

Beardwalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2016
    What they did to Bane is more physically violent. but when kylo did to rey was toy around inside her head. get personal details that have nothing to do with the map. he literally went to take whatever he wanted. not just the map.

zero_point_zero and AhsokaSolo like this.
  15. frail47

frail47 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2016
    The new additions are to be decreased in favor of bumping up the most popular three (Poe in particular). Round and round the rumors go though...

Forgotten Cade likes this.
  16. Blastaar

Dec 25, 2015
    JJ abrams confirms that the torture scene with obvious rape themes, was a torture scene with obvious rape themes. Anything having to do with the notion of kylo and rey getting together, is GARBAGE. The director/writer has confirmed the garbage ship. If reylo floats your boat, fine, but drop all silly expectations of it actually happening. Its not.

17. SandStorm06

Jan 3, 2016
    The latter. The podcast said, they will focus more on the trio, due to the "very positive reactions generated". The new roles are being cut down in order to make more space for the trio, that's what the podcast and numerous articles said. Also, Pablo retweeted something that said these rewritings point to great things, as in something is probably being rewritten.

18. Carl Rahl

Carl Rahl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Hey guys can we ignore the person trying to get our thread shut down and report that users.

19. Purple Ren

Dec 18, 2015
    So based on the "to seize, take, or carry off by force" definition of rape, they both could be instances of mind rape. I don't think either of them are, though. They are both unpleasant for the victim, no doubt.

20. Purple Ren

Dec 18, 2015
    I'm not trying to get the thread shut down. I even bowed out of a previous discussion so as to avoid that. And report me for what? I have broken no rules.

21. SandStorm06

Jan 3, 2016
    Plus it's not even like we're making up things, literally the director of the movie said it lmao. So it's canon for me until he says otherwise. I mean, should I believe the director or people on forums? It's a rape analogy for me because JJ said so and I felt the same. Simple as that. He is not some first time director who didn't know these statements will be analyzed and talked about.

22. Purple Ren

Dec 18, 2015
    That's cool. I'm not going to consider it cannon, based on the circumstances under which it was said. And if it was mind rape, that means that Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Mace Windu are also guilty of mind rape, and I can't accept that.

23. Forgotten Cade

Forgotten Cade Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 3, 2016
    Wow, their surprised on how well they did?? Did they expect them to tank?! xD

Thanks, the info I was reading was all miss placed.

Also Poe getting more screen time is a must. I still cant buy into him as part of the new trio right now, and its sad cause I like Oscar Isaac. They did him and Phasma wrong IMO.

24. Blastaar

Dec 25, 2015
    yeah that is kind of strange. Actually, now that i think about it, hollywood suits are some of the most disconnected, clueless people in charge of money.

Forgotten Cade likes this.
  25. frail47

frail47 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2016
    I think they banked on Kylo Ren being the big draw. He's on most of the packaging. In the lead up to the film, Kylo Ren merchandise was all I focused on. Afterward, not so much. It became all about Rey, Finn, and Rey+Finn for me at that point.

My opinion of Kylo actually went down. Dude is a creep...