main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The relationship between Finn and Rey. SEE FIRST POST WARNING

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Devizz, Dec 16, 2015.

1. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015

It could be read either way, but I can't understand why they would want it to be ambiguous if he isn't FS. That's just setting people up for disappointment. If we are looking for evidence of force sensitivity in vain, by leaving it ambiguous they are just encouraging us to misread the movie.

2. filmgeek32

filmgeek32 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 18, 2016
    reylo fans must be in serious denial then because poe screams in agony when is reading poe mind and you clearly see the pain and fear the rey is going through when kylo is reading her mind in the woods

3. Ryanpaulstewart

Ryanpaulstewart Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2016
    The two creatures in the Finn's departure scene did not react to the sounds or the streak across the sky. Finn reacted as if he heard something and then turned to look at the sky.

4. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015
    you don't hear those same screams because he's being gentle with rey. She's the one who'll tame his fiery blade. He even unmasked for her. I'd even pick some alternate movie posters instead of the official ones to make a point about positioning, but i'm busy writing a fanfic. I look forward to when they have a passionate duel that ends with them sharing a ferocious kiss by the lava side.

5. frail47

frail47 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2016
    I would actually prefer that he wasn't. Nice counterbalance to Rey.

6. Blastaar

Dec 25, 2015
    yep and capt. ithano (guy with the red helmet) is not one to not react to the sounds of crisis nearby. At this point, i'm content to just wait. People can asspull reylo/finnpoe/reypoe, but are completely blind to finnrey and the possibility of finn being FS. No point in arguing for 2 years over it.

thestartrader and StormScavenger like this.
  7. StormScavenger

StormScavenger Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 28, 2015
    If I'm not mistaken, Pablo said he thought Finn heard the cries from the patrons at Maz's castle, then he deleted it. Which is strange because it's a vague answer, not a yes or no answer, and he usually gives straight, direct answers. The way I see it, if he wasn't FS, I don't see the point in keeping us guessing. And there would be no point in doing so for 2 years. It's only going to make people thinking he is FS more mad if chances are he's NOT FS. Which leads me to believe there's a good chance Finn is FS than not FS, per the weird response. But that's just what I got from it...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Blastaar and Carl Rahl like this.
  8. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Then there's the way he treats her there. He probably could have just done the while Force Paralysis thing right away, but instead he decides to play with her a little bit. He stalks her through the woods, lets her shoot at him for a bit so that he could deflect him/look cool, and then monologues for a bit. Almost like he's toying with her. Then, whereas when he did it to Poe, he let the Stormtroopers grab him, with Rey he personally carries her away "bridal style."

turnip white likes this.
  9. Blastaar

Dec 25, 2015
    exactly, it was basically foreplay leading up to the bondage time he had already set up for her on the finalizer. Speaking of the finalizer, notice the name. Thats where he took rey. I think the name of the ship is symbolic of the final place he wants to take their relationship. He could've named the ship anything else. So he carries her, bridal style to his shuttle which will take them to the finalizer. I think it stands for marriage.

10. Deerborne

Deerborne Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2015
    Oh, lord...

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    That sounds disgusting, I really hope Disney / Lucas Film don't do this route. All this Reylo makes my skin crawl.

12. Blastaar

Dec 25, 2015
    I'm sorry you're not open minded. *sips wine and fixes black turtleneck*

13. Tharionn

Tharionn Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 24, 2015
    *stops typing fan fiction story* They just think we like rape. They don't get us. *Gets back to writing about Ben and Rey's babies.*

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

Blastaar likes this.
  14. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015
    Guys guys guys, stop reducing Rey to a wilted flower. It's romantic to tie a crying, terrified woman to a table and forcibly pull her intimate thoughts out of her against her will as long as she's strong. Don't be sexist.

15. Deerborne

Oct 15, 2015
    The weirdest part to me is that most Reylo shippers I've seen aren't even doing that. They're not the Drarry-shipping, 'I have a thing for dark ships' kind of people. Most Reylo fic/art is fluffy as hell and Kylo/Ben is an angel to Rey, which, IMO, is even more infuriating. They're basically taking the canon dynamic that Rey and Finn have, and swapping Finn out for Kylo/Ben. That's why this is so irritating and suspicious.

16. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    [​IMG]

'Rey’s interrogation at the hands of Kylo Ren triggered an awakening in the Force, as well as an unwelcome bond that links them across the galaxy and grows stronger every day. An accidental encounter alerts Supreme Leader Snoke to the existence of this bond and he orders his apprentice to capture the girl and bring her to him. Sometimes it's not the big speeches that redeem people, but the actions you inspire them towards'

*This work could have adult content. If you proceed you have agreed that you are willing to see such content*

[REMOVED] You can't link to something like that which is clearly against our rules, even with a warning.

So, so beautiful [face_plain][face_sick][face_dunno] Am sure the kids are going to love this. I hope if I ever have a daughter she will fall in love with someone who strangles her

17. Ryanpaulstewart

Ryanpaulstewart Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2016
    I need a shower. Please, no more.

18. AhsokaSolo

Dec 23, 2015

This is the part that bewilders me. I expected the Reylo ship to be kind of silly with self-awareness. It shocks me how seriously they take the whole thing, and that somehow "Ben" isn't even a villain anymore. They literally hand wave his patricide and mass murders with, "yeah, but everyone has a little grey. Finn shot at Space Nazis while defecting and Rey even considered selling bb8 for food for a minute!" Um… wha… [face_waiting]

Btw, it's also pretty much a fact over there that Rey is almost certainly not a Skywalker (every other corner of the internet that I visit disagrees), and people that think Rey is a Skywalker suffer from confirmation bias… "Confirmation bias," say the people that believe Lucasfilm set up a romance between Kylo Ren and Rey by having Kylo Ren murder his father/Rey's surrogate father in cold blood in front of her, tie Rey to a table and mind rape her (er, I mean, gently carry her and place her on a table that had nice restraints and question her lovingly), and then throw her against a tree to knock her out before trying to deliver her to an evil overlord for brainwashing. Nothing puts romance on the minds of the general movie-going audience like having a woman call her kidnapper and friend's murderer a "monster" before being tempted to kill him even after he's defenseless. I know when I think of a Disney romance getting set up in a SW trilogy, that's the first place my mind goes.

LOL I think at a certain point it's okay to laugh at it. People can be into whatever they want, believe whatever they want, and we can think the idea of Reylo being a real intended thing by LF is ridiculous if we want.

19. Carl Rahl

Carl Rahl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2016

That is what I will never understand

20. Blastaar

Dec 25, 2015
    exactly. I hate how people will turn our female hero turning the tables on a villian into a rape scene. Those people don't even know how sexist they are.

21. Deerborne

Oct 15, 2015
    Oh, I understand it perfectly, but I don't really want to rehash last night's discussion.

22. Carl Rahl

Jan 6, 2016

Ok I won't start that again, but it's moronic.

23. Blastaar

Dec 25, 2015
    ...I almost broke character.

I'd be completely fine if it was like that. Most shipper art makes me chuckle anyways. Did anyone see that great comic strip in the kylo ren thread? The one with the FO gang?

24. Deerborne

Oct 15, 2015
    Agreed. I can only hope the world will be a less bigoted place when the next SW trilogy comes out so that this won't be so much of an issue.

25. Carl Rahl

Jan 6, 2016

Are you kidding what do you think will happen when we have Black Skywalkers.

harlequinn823 likes this.