main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    So, something magical happened in the ZOMG Discussing Star Wars:

[​IMG]

When a bone fide superstar makes a suggestion, you adhere to it.

This thread is to discuss L337 g4m35 outside of the Games forum, which is a wretched hive of... just kids who love Battlefront and make threads about Battlefront.

The basic rule is - if you want to talk Battlefront, go to Games. If you're cool like Daveed or an admin like Ramza (WHAT, dude, what? You like maths and anime) this is for you.

To kick things off:

what are you playing now, and what are your top 5 Star Wars games that aren't in the terribad Battlefront series?

I am playing:
    Fallout 4 (ZZZZ), GTA Online (still) and ProjectCARS

Top 5 Star Wars games:
    1) Rebellion
    2) X-Wing Alliance
    3) Jedi Knight
    4) Dark Forces
    5) TOR

2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    What kind of loser doesn't even include Tie Fighter on the list, let alone in its number 1 place?

soitscometothis likes this.
  3. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    1v1me I will 360 no scope u

I preferred XWA. And Iello will put TIE Fighter at #1.

What kind of loser can't follow instructions? Off to Games you go Wocky.

4. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    I will list, chronologically, the only Star Wars games I ever owned and played:

Rebel Assault
    Dark Forces
    Masters of Teräs Käsi
    Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    Jedi Power Battles
    Knights of the Old Republic
    Battlefront
    Battlefront II

I'd make a top five but that seems kind of pointless. I have to say, the freedom in TPM to run around Mos Espa as Qui Gon doing whatever you wanted--to include killing slaves and anything else--was a lot of fun. That's really the only part of the game I remember. I remember I made up my own narrative because at the time I hadn't seen the movie yet because I couldn't see movies in the theater. Anyway, I had a pretty good time playing all of those games.

JoinTheSchwarz , jp-30 and tom like this.
  5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  6. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Playing Europa Universalis 4 pretty much exclusively at the moment, with some Galactic Civilizations III thrown in

Top 5 SW games IMO

1. Jedi Outcast
    2. KOTOR II
    3. Jedi Knight
    4. Jedi Academy
    5. KOTOR

Darth_Furio likes this.
  7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i am mostly playing rocket league and the golf club online with friends, with an occasional game of madden thrown in. i bought fallout 4 and i dunno, the game looks pretty and i definitely appreciate the care that went into crafting the world, but when i play video games by myself lately i just find i quickly lose interest.

i never really got into star wars games that much tbh. i've always been more of a console gamer and i never had an original xbox so i think i simply missed out on most of the better games. i probably played the empire strikes back game on the atari 2600 for 2600 hours.i liked the super star wars games on the snes, and the one that i really got into was rogue squadron on the n64. i think i eventually got all the gold medals, but one of them took me months. oh and i put so many quarters in the original star wars arcade game. so i guess that's basically a top five.

jp-30 likes this.
  8. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Currently trying to get the last few achievements in fallout 4. Don't know what I'll do next. Probably another Shadowrun: Hong Kong run.

9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    You did it! Huzzah. Definitely don't want to have to go to the games board.

Right now I'm mostly playing Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, which I didn't get until Christmas so I'm a bit behind. I've played all the AC console games (not quite finished with Rogue yet though). Loving playing almost the whole game as Evie, because this facilities my style of sneaking and creating as much havoc from on high as possible.

I also have a billion Steam games to play once I get back to my new PC, which can finally run games (my previous comp was a six year old iMac). Largely I like indie and adventure games for PC.

As for Star Wars games... There are actually tons I haven't played, but I'd have to say:

1) KOTOR, easily (and I'm excited to play the fan-completed KOTOR II now)
    2) Rogue Squadron
    3) X-Wing (though I haven't played this in over a decade)
    4) Episode I Racer (surprisingly good game. I don't even like racing games)
    5) Shadows of the Empire

10. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    If anyone can give me a link to play Rebellion on a Windows 10 PC I'd be more than happy.

11. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    After 300 hours I finally burned myself out on Fallout 4 so right now I'm finishing up a replay of Dragon Age: Inquisition (this time as a female elf mage) while I wait for XCOM2 to come out next week.

Top 5 Star Wars games:
    1. TIE Fighter
    2. KotoR
    3. Jedi Knight
    4. Galactic Battlegrounds (It may not be much more than a glorified AoE II mod but that's just taking an already great thing and making it better)
    5. Dark Forces

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    GOG, Sniper_Wolf.

What is this heresy.

13. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Is this the handmaiden party?

+2 Yané

14. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Nope, just a hand party

-2 Yané

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    So, which rich people here are going to get Oculus Rift or Playstation VR and tell the rest of us about it?

16. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Bought Google cardboard last week for a cheapie VR experience. Haven't really had a chance to play with it much yet. Bit limited due to only having 1 button to interact with the experience other than turning your head obviously.

17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    But since it relies on your phone, I expect it can't do the super high framerate stuff the true VR sets can, no? That would make me sick. I'm already worried the good ones will do that anyway. Really hoping there will be displays or a way to test it.

As a mountaineering enthusiast, I really really want to go through the VR experience of climbing Everest that was filmed while they were doing the movie.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Super high frame rate + Playstation = lol

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well Playstation VR doesn't actually run off the Playstation, does it? I thought it had its own processor and such. And I think it runs at 120fps or something...?

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I still want Point Given to account for his radical ideas.

21. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I got into SW gaming late so I found many of the older games to have dated graphics including DFII

22. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm playing Arkham Knight on PS4. Most of the game is complete (really enjoyed it), so now I'm currently (and tediously) working my way through the 243 Riddler trophies. What a palaver.

23. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Currently playing:

3DS: The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
    - the best part of this game is playing online with randoms, but if you get one bad egg in your group, the gaming experience is miserable. I got in a group a few days ago, we beat the final boss, and played a couple other levels without anyone quitting. It was probably the most fun I've had playing that game to date. It's a shame I don't remember the names of the people I played with, and even if I did, Nintendo didn't create a way for me to add them to my friends list. Thanks, Nintendo.

Wii U: Splatoon
    - I've been playing the single player missions off and on when I've had the time. It's been cool. I hear playing online is where it's at, but I haven't gotten a chance to as of yet. I appreciate that Nintendo has been adding new maps and weapons and such, but I have no idea if I have to pay for any of it or if it's free.

PS4:
    Mostly DVDs and Blu-rays. The system came with this Star Wars game that I played for 5 minutes. I enjoyed it, but again, it seems like online is where the fun is to be had. I ordered a PS Plus card so once I enter the code I'll be able to check it out. Once I form an opinion on it, I'll make sure to go to the proper place to share.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    solojones I'm on Rogue myself. I also just played Black Flag, so it was a very natural progression from one to the other. Unfortunately though I don't feel like getting an Xbone so I probably won't ever play Unity or Syndicate (though not sure I'd want to play Unity anyway).

Top favorite SW games I've played:

Bounty Hunter
    Rogue Squadron 2
    LEGO Star Wars: the Complete Saga
    Shadows of the Empire
    KOTOR

Honorable mention to that Pit Droid PC game from 1999 or something.

Sent from my brain using magic

25. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Currently playing

Football manager 2016. A money and time sink I just cannot kick.

Guild wars 2 is an ongoing challenge as I push towards my first legendary weapon.

Ps4 games are either witcher 3 or gtav depending on mood.

And yes I know playing gtav on a Ps4 makes me a pleb but I don't have a pic beefy enough to run it and as I'm aiming to move house shortly I can't afford to buy/build a new one just yet.