main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I haven't played any computer games in a very long time. The last thing I did regarding games was look up those old Sierra/LucasArts adventures and put them on my Mac, just for the sake of it. Probably one of those sentimental evenings. King's Quest, Space Quest, Maniac Mansion, Secret Of Monkey Island, et cetera.

My favorite game as a teen was Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade, the adventure game. Because it features bits of the film score, effectively, I bought the soundtrack, which started a lifelong obsession with film scores. I still love that game. It was different each time you played it.

As for Star Wars, I owned the X-Wing games, and later on The Phantom Menace. Like Luigi, I liked roaming Mos Espa and going on murderous rampages, force-pushing old people and kids against the wall. Hence that Mat Rags thread I did way back in 2002.

tom, Luigi and dp4m like this.
  2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I'll just ask my fraternity brother who helped design it for one? :p

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I'm playing The Witness and really liking it so far. The world is gorgeous and the puzzles, while very challenging at times, are really clever.

CS:GO, Hearthstone, and sometimes SC2 are my go-to mutliplayer games these days. Overwatch will also be in the mix when it comes out.

4. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Just Cause 3 (PS4)
    The Witcher III (PS4)
    Far Cry 4 (PS4)
    Just Dance 2014 (PS4)
    Blossom Blast (iPhone Game App)

5. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    Currently the only game I really have is Destiny, which I played quite a lot until most of the raid group stopped playing. PVP can be frustrating solo, so I haven't been playing as much. I'm waiting for tomb raider to be super cheap so I can buy that. Someone got me the EA access, but I have no one to play battlefield with and the other games are all sports related, so I don't use it.

I have a role playing game called massive chalice by double fine that is a lot of fun as well. Otherwise I play steam games occasionally as well:

Civ IV
    FTl
    Rogue Legacy
    Kingdom
    Hotline Miami
    Nidhogg

And just looking through my library I see that I have hotline Miami 2, which I never played. I guess I will play it.

6. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Prepare to die.

7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Currently Playing: Fallout 4, Far Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Dragon Quest IV (The mobile port is surprisingly not terrible!). "Playing" is kind of a generous turn of phrase given my free time, though.

Star Wars Top Five:
    1. Dark Forces
    2. Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight
    3. Planescape: Torment Except Star Wars
    4. Trilogy Arcade
    5. Baldur's Gate Except Star Wars

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm really really happy we now have a gaming thread in the JCC. Thanks Ender Sai, you always deliver.

Currently playing Witcher III. Despite some glitches, it's fabulous. The most fun I've had in a very long time. It's really a shame the first two will most likely never be remastered, I'd love to play them if they're as immersive as this one.

I still haven't downloaded the new Battlefront which came with my PS4, mainly because I've heard mostly bad things.

And here's my top 5 video games (I have no SW ones...yet):

1. Grim Fandango (downloaded the remastered version, so I'm pumped to revisit the world)
    2. Okami (the best console game ever made, has anyone played this masterpiece?)
    3. Red Dead Redemption
    4. The Last of Us
    5. Half Life 2

9. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Currently playing Twilight Princess, might do another run on Dragon Age: Origins after that.

Top five Star Wars titles:

1. Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
    2. Knights of the Old Republic
    3. Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
    4. Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
    5. Republic Commando

Bacon164 likes this.
  10. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm playing a bunch of old MS-DOS games, as usual. I've been using source ports of both original X-COM and Doom, because it's hardcore or nothing, you filthy casuals.

Top 5 SW games:

1. Dark Forces
    2. Jedi Knight
    3. TIE Fighter
    4. KOTOR 2
    5. Rebellion/Supremacy

11. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    I'm currently re-playing Dragon Age: Inquisition while waiting on the next chapter of Knights of the Fallen Empire.

My SW Top 5:

1. KOTOR 2
    2. SWTOR
    3. KOTOR
    4. Jedi Outcast
    5. Jedi Knight

12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Top 5 Star Wars game:
    1. KoTOR (XBOX)
    2. Super Star Wars (SNES)
    3. Shadows of the Empire (N64)
    4. Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (PC)
    5. Star Wars Trilogy (arcade)

Rogue_Follower likes this.
  13. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I played a few weeks of Battlefront 3 with the 12 year old. Mostly it was him barking orders at me while I asked him which button on the console fired my weapon. There was a lot of "stand here and don't move while I finish the level for us."

I need to hook up the old X Box so I can play Dead Rising again. That game was fantastic. Probably the best game of all time.

tom likes this.
  14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    dead rising was fun but i preferred dead island. buggy as all hell but the online co-op made it great. the sequel was really terrible however. you would spend hours getting pulled out of your boat by zombies and then trying to get back in your boat while still being attacked by zombies. my friends and i beat it anyway because we loved the original so much but it was really disappointing.

15. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I didn't know so many of you rank KOTOR II above KOTOR. I thought it was seen as a very good, but flawed, sequel to a superior predecessor.

16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    You were the exact rich person I was thinking of. I knew I could count on you! Which one did he work on?

Hey, someone else picked Shadows of the Empire! Hooray. I really liked that game.

I'm surprised several people have KOTOR II above KOTOR. Did you play the fan-completed version? I mean, I liked it then never finished it once I heard about the fan mod to actually finish the game since Bioware wasn't given time... And that was like 7 years ago. It's just now been released on Steam, so I'm probably going to play both games.

I am very very sad that EA won't upgrade the Mass Effect Trilogy for PS4/XBone. They're basically just throwing away money. I'm gonna have to do a total replay on PS3 soon. But I'm trying to decide if I want to switch my class or remain Vanguard, with which I dominated.

dp4m likes this.
  17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i played shadows of the empire, and i'm sure i enjoyed it, but i just don't really remember it at all the way i do the rogue squadron games so i have to assume it wasn't a favorite. i also played a couple gamecube games set in the prequel era, one where you were jango fett and one where you were (i think) mace windu. they were both pretty bad.

18. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    [​IMG]

And then there's a considerable distance to number 2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jp-30 and Darth_Invidious like this.
  19. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I'm stupidly, unashamedly addicted to Destiny atm. Heavens knows why. The game has a combination of very tight gameplay, pretty impressive loot and great coop gameplay in strikes and raids. It's shallow as hell though and I know I could be playing a better game but, well, someday soon when the budget allows.

Top 5 SW games?

1) KOTOR
    2) XWA
    3) TIE FIGHTER
    4) Dark Forces 3, AKA Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
    5) KOTOR 2

20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The Jango Fett one:

[​IMG]

Yes, pretty generic and boring.

tom likes this.
  21. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003

I've played both versions. TSL wins for Kreia alone. But as much as I love KOTOR, I felt the story and characters were just better in the second game. Also, Obsidian, not Bioware developed that one.

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

He's at Oculus now; he was a Randy Pausch disciple and worked on the original Alice at Carnegie Mellon.

23. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    KotoR II would surpass the original if LucasArts had let actually Obsidian actually finish it. There was a ton cut content so they could get a holiday release that when it came out it was a buggy, incomplete mess. It's better now but still just a shadow of what it should have been. I know there are mods that restore some of that cut content but they shouldn't get credit for the mistakes that modders fix.

Darth Guy likes this.
  24. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    Nah, the gunplay and mobility are top notch. It's probably the most fun I've had playing a FPS before. What system are you on?

25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I haven't actually played the restored version beyond the tutorial just to make sure I had the mod installed correctly, but what's in base KOTOR2 (Lightsaber styles, eating the Force, Chris Avellone whining about moral simplicity in a series deliberately throwing back to 1930s adventure serials, etc.) was just more intriguing to me. Flawed execution on interesting ideas is kind of my bag.

Now let me tell you about a terrible little game with fun combat called Infinite Undiscovery...